Resistance 1 Or 2 Pack For New Player?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

View PostBoseMensch, on 20 December 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

I understand that I dont get the specialty mechs that come in the mastery bundles, but I dont know that I'd really miss them that much. I was just looking to get broader exposure to the weight classes, while building up MC so I can buy great mechs in a weight class that I like. selling off mechs I don't like as I go. Just seemed the economy was better with the resistance packs is all.

I think the main thing here is the economy of the bundles. They are way cheaper than buying ala carte and give you mechbays and premium time, which you don't get buying mechs in other ways usually. I kind of think it's a better deal than the other packs, although I haven't done the math there. In any case, the premium time and the hero mech, when used together, can give a huge bonus to cbills in every game mode, helping you get to your goal.

#22 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

View PostAnachronda, on 22 December 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

I'd put an AC/20 on that 4G. Here's the build I used to master it, which has worked pretty well. It's one of my favorite mechs and my favorite hunchback. With mechs, build is everything:

HBK-4G - BoomBack

I use something identical except for ammo locations and armor allocation, that is also one of my best Mediums

#23 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 21 December 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

I in my opinion R2 was better than R1, comparing Mech by Mech Wolfhound R2 is better than Panther R1, Crab R2 is about equily good as Enforcer R1, Black Knight R2 is slightly better then Grasshopper R1, Mauler R2 is better than Zeus R1

+1

The advice to pick up the mastery packs is also good. There are a lot more "meta" mech options there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users