Looking for Old Friends: (MW2) Clan "Dragon Wind" from Mplayer.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have loved mechs since watching "Robotech" as a kid. When Battle Droids and Battletech came out on table top, it was a dream come true. Maybe 10 years later i got my first real computer, and ran out and got Mechwarrior-2, and with it came the Mplayer. I became involved with a small tight clan that grew to a good size over time. The clans name was "Dragon Wind", and the Khan was Draconis. We had some good peeps there, it was one of the best memories of my PC-Gaming life.

So, I am now looking for any of the old Mplayer "Dragon Wind" Crew, and really hope to see ya here. ~ My name was, and still is "Freebrth" :)

Also would be cool to run into some of my old guildies from WoW (Proudmoore) Rising Sun Shogunate. (Heya, it's me Batousaii)

So, if ya stumble upon this thread, let me know your old call sign ;) , It would be great to know your doing good and still playing.

~ I am also looking forward to making some new friends, I may join a group if i find one i really like.

Kindly.

Freebrth
a.k.a Batousaii (WoW)

Edit: If any of ye old "Dragon Wind" clan or RSS guildies find this thread -- I have joined up with the 9th Sword of the Dragon, a good group of peeps that have a seasoned history...Check out www.9thsword.org If you'd like to join us. i am sure you'd be welcome.

Edited by Freebrth, 18 July 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#2 Gildashard

• Pip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe south

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Good old CDW.........I remember the good ole days of Mpiggy and MW2.

I was CDW_Gildashar. For whatever reason, Mplayer wouldn't let me use Gildashard. It's been so long I remember few names. There was "Steel" who seemed to be Khan at the time......and Facsun was my wingmate for a time.

Ah.....the days of 56k dialup when lag shooting was "the" skill to master. Jumpjets were a must and a little messed up for Battletech, felt more like Robotech which I love a well. Amazing we had voice chat in the mplayer rooms for that time period.

CDW never seemed to continue after Mpig shut down. I ended up joining Death Jester Combine (DJC) and playing Mechwarrior 3 on the zone for a while.

#3 CellPriest

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I remember CDW was in some good battles with them haha, i was in HH and later also in DJC for MW3 my bestfriend growing up was Sakhan of DJC for awhile so Gil you might have remembered him it was DJC-Raven.

#4 Gildashard

• Pip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe south

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I remember HH and Raven as well.

#5 AceHardHitter

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hahaha I was so young back then I think I was like 15 years old.... anyways yeah I was in CDW as well my name was CDWAce I doubt anyone would remember but it was some good 'ol times then even when the clan disbanded and came back up again for a short time. I didn't know what happened later since I had to concentrate in school more often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users