Saitek X52 Joystick?

3 replies to this topic

#1 ViperStriker

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:33 AM

thanks for the help :)

Back when I played MW4 the Saitek x52 was a great way to play the game. Sadly, I never got one Is it still awesome? Are there any problems? I might well get one now that I am back in the game.

How does the throttle work? At the moment with keyboard and mouse my movement stops when I stop pressing the accelerator. Does the x52 throttle stay in the position it is set to?

Windows 10 - any issues?

ty again

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:01 AM

I own the X52 pro HOTAS, is a great throttle and stick, but joysticks are not good for MWO, I have been unable to make a stick work anywhere near as well as keyboard and mouse,
that is probably my greatest disappointment with MWO

#3 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

I have an X52 as well. It's a great hotas setup for anything related to flight sims... particularly DCS stuff and Falcon.

As far as Windows 10 goes, it works, but I think the drivers are a bit outdated.

I think there is a way to get it to work with MWO, but I haven't tried it, since MWO features pin-point accuracy when it comes to aiming... and that comes pretty much from a mouse.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

I've read that the Thrustmaster T16000M has presets for MWO. Have not heard of anyone using it yet, so I cannot give an opinion on it. I use a keypad/mouse combination.

Maybe someone who is using it could reply as to how well it works. I know three people who don't play because of the limited joystick support.

http://www.thrustmas...roducts/t16000m

Edited by KodiakGW, 21 December 2015 - 09:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users