- - - - -

Do I Have To Elite Three Varients Of My Stalker To Get X2 Basic?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:59 AM

Questions says it all. im playing the stalker line, i already have all the basics unlocked on three, and i just unlocked all the elite skills on my 3H. are my basic skills now x2 or do i have to elite my other two stalkers to get his perk?

#2 oO JimPansen Oo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHerzberg / Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:02 AM

Your basics are now doubled for the 3H.

#3 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:03 AM

ok seems ive just found my answer.....*sigh* i dont liiiike the other stalkers....i just wanna lurm on my 3H......

#4 Kryton77

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:03 AM

They will be x2 on that variant.

#5 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:07 AM

even if they values do not show that they are doubled?

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:15 AM

That's correct. The BASIC modifiers to your mech's performance are all DOUBLED, once you have completed all four ELITE skills for that variant.

You completed all 8 BASIC skills, and all 4 ELITE skills, for the STK-3H. The BASIC ones are double now, what they were when you earned them. If it was 7.5% at first, once all 4 ELITE skills are complete, that 7.5% BASIC goes up to 15.0%.

It will continue to say 7.5% in the skill's description. It should also say 2X somewhere around the BASICs.

#7 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

And to follow up for the next step, Mastering comes once you Elite two of the three variants, correct?

Just want to be sure I've been instructing my new buddies that just started this week (and it seemed to fit here :) )

#8 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

If you want your extra master module slot for your 3H doe, you sadly gotta elite those two other variants too.
EDIT:

It seems I've been doing some Eliteing for nought then. :( Sorry for the initial missinformation.

Edited by InsaneRotta, 21 December 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#9 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostMorggo, on 21 December 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

And to follow up for the next step, Mastering comes once you Elite two of the three variants, correct?

Just want to be sure I've been instructing my new buddies that just started this week (and it seemed to fit here Posted Image )

no, to allow you to get that extra module slot you need to complete elite on 3 Mechs in the weight class, so e.g. 3 Stalkers or a Stalker, Atlas and Warhawk

#10 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostMorggo, on 21 December 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Just want to be sure I've been instructing my new buddies that just started this week (and it seemed to fit here Posted Image )

ELITE requires that you have completed BASIC on three VARIANTS of the same CHASSIS. For example, before you can take any ELITE skill on your RVN-3L, you must have completed BASIC on three of the four RVN chassis variants (-2X, -3L, -4X, and Huginn hero; the -3L, -3L(C), and -3L(S) are identical for purposes of leveling).

MASTER requires that you have completed ELITE on three VARIANTS of ANY CHASSIS in that same weight class. For example, in order to MASTER your RVN-3L, you must have completed ELITE on it and two more LIGHT MECHS, REGARDLESS of what chassis they are (a JR7-D and FS9-A, for example, will work in combination with the RVN-3L to satisfy the three mechs requirement for the weight class).

At least, last I actually paid it any attention, this was the case. I do not KNOW, however, if this works across factions. That is, would light mechs of both Clan and IS origin combine toward that three mechs requirement for MASTER on a third light? Not sure, to be perfectly honest.

#11 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 21 December 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

no, to allow you to get that extra module slot you need to complete elite on 3 Mechs in the weight class, so e.g. 3 Stalkers or a Stalker, Atlas and Warhawk

Ah, gotcha. So since I always Elite all three variants that are Basic'd THAT'S why the Master slot opens for me. Dur, just when I think I have all this figured out.

Thanks!

#12 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostMorggo, on 21 December 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Ah, gotcha. So since I always Elite all three variants that are Basic'd THAT'S why the Master slot opens for me. Dur, just when I think I have all this figured out.

Thanks!

That is correct. And it's what we like to recommend, anyhow, that you ELITE three of the same chassis if at all feasible for your budget. It's also a good part of the reason that PGI offers three of each mech in any package. For instance, the Clan Wave III deal. If you're like me, and you bought the Cauldron Born package (Ebon Jaguar and lighter), you got three variants each of the Arctic Cheetah, Shadow Cat, and Ebon Jaguar chassis. If you owned no other mechs at all, you would still be able to MASTER all nine of those mechs, or at least any one of them that you liked.

That kinda started with the Phoenix packages (I'm not familiar with what was in the Founders packages, so it MAY have been the case then, too) if not earlier. With Project Phoenix, we got three variants of each chassis. Three Locusts (LCT-1V, -3M, -3S), three Shadow Hawks (SHD-2D, -2D2, -5M), and so on. The Urbanmech, and the Return of an Icon mechs, were individual mech packages only, but even then they included AT A MINIMUM three variants of the chassis. Owning no other mechs at all, one could still MASTER one or all of the purchased mechs without any other purchase, cash or in-game currency. It's actually pretty cool.

If someone more knowledgeable than myself could elaborate on whether or not we count mechs across factions for the ELITE-to-MASTER requirement of three per weight class, that would be greatly appreciated.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 21 December 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

If someone more knowledgeable than myself could elaborate on whether or not we count mechs across factions for the ELITE-to-MASTER requirement of three per weight class, that would be greatly appreciated.

yes any Mech in the weight class counts, it does not matter if it is Clan or IS, Battlemech or Omnimech

View PostTheRAbbi, on 21 December 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

I'm not familiar with what was in the Founders packages, so it MAY have been the case then, too

unfortunately not,
a major selling point of Founders was access to the MWO closed beta, and in some ways MWO was better during closed Beta
the Legendary Founders package got me a lot of MC, some premium time, and 1 each Atlas, Catapult, Jenner, Hunchback, each with a 25% (at the time, it was upgraded a year ago to 30%) cbill earnings bonus.
the Elite Founders contained the above but just your choice of one Mech (Legendary was created because Elite founders were complaining that they wanted all the (F) Mechs),
the Veteran tier did not include any Mechs and had lower quantities of MC and premium time

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 21 December 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#14 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

Excellent, THANKS!

#15 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 21 December 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

ELITE requires that you have completed BASIC on three VARIANTS of the same CHASSIS. For example, before you can take any ELITE skill on your RVN-3L, you must have completed BASIC on three of the four RVN chassis variants (-2X, -3L, -4X, and Huginn hero; the -3L, -3L(C), and -3L(S) are identical for purposes of leveling).

MASTER requires that you have completed ELITE on three VARIANTS of ANY CHASSIS in that same weight class. For example, in order to MASTER your RVN-3L, you must have completed ELITE on it and two more LIGHT MECHS, REGARDLESS of what chassis they are (a JR7-D and FS9-A, for example, will work in combination with the RVN-3L to satisfy the three mechs requirement for the weight class).

At least, last I actually paid it any attention, this was the case. I do not KNOW, however, if this works across factions. That is, would light mechs of both Clan and IS origin combine toward that three mechs requirement for MASTER on a third light? Not sure, to be perfectly honest.

You're right as usual, Rabbi. And it works across faction, that's how I mastered a TBR and a SMN, you have to basic three variants of the chassis, then you can go right to mastery on one chassis variant if you have elites open in three variants of the weight class.

Happy Chanukah.

Edited by Chados, 22 December 2015 - 04:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users