146 replies to this topic

#101 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:54 AM

Aye, can't agree more, it's been fun seeing CW made interesting again. The Southern Houses NEED a 3 front war or it gets stale too damn fast.

Edited by DevlinCognito, 14 January 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#102 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:07 AM

Agree that these forum spats make it far more fun, if only there was a way to make the diplomacy inherent in cw...

#103 Jaymes Valluche

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

As long as I get to read more GI Journalist reports, I think I'd be happy if it turned out that eSeifer was secretly a Comstar assassin sent to take out the Chancellor.

#104 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

I am pretty sure the chancellor believes EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US is an assassin out to get him...

#105 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:36 AM

Without forum propaganda RP fests... there is no community warfare.

#106 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostZerex, on 13 January 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Just to throw my $0.02 in, how does starting a war between the only 3 factions with no clan boarders help the clans? this has to be the worst and least thought out conspiracy i have ever read... IS players (Marik, Davion, Liao) looking for for IS vs Clan will still drop on the clan boarder, regardless of what is happening else where on their own boarders.

In the quote from 100miles in the post above, he says "unless Steiner, Marik, FRR and Kurita work together to push the clans back ".
Why is Marik mentioned, it makes no sense, if Marik must work together with the rest, shouldn't Davion be just as important too, Liao is the only faction that can't detract troops from the clan boarders where ever they attack, so a Clan plan to "draw troops from the clan fronline" would only make sense if it was from any other Faction other than Liao.

This but also include Davion and Marik in the last line.
I played Clan for about 2 months recently and I hardly ever saw any Orange Sunburst, Purple Bird or Green Sword Units compared to Blue Fisters, Aqua Snakes or Red Dragons. Even the PUGs were rarely filled with players from the Deep South of the Inner Sphere.
Though I am amazed just like when I played Clan at how many players here seem so interested in defending worlds on the Clan/IS border creating more PUGs for the grinder. It does seem easier to get a Sunburst PUG together compared to a Clan PUG using Faction Chat.

#107 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostKifferson von doober, on 14 January 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

if the drops and the little border war was a fun time who cares about eseifer and what he was trying to do anyway. If we just have fun scrapping with one another and don't get too salty its all good.
It has provided a nice little distraction and some good forum and cw fun. o7

^^

#108 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 January 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

And again, why would Davion pay to lose worlds? I did not count but I think we ended up losing more to Liao in the past few weeks than Marik did...

Measure the strategic value of a few worlds to the strategic value of breaking the House Marik/House Liao NAP.

Planets have no strategic value. Taking or losing planets is only a measure or relative military strength. The planet itself has no value whatsoever.

Breaking the NAP has strategic value. It has encouraged House Marik to shift military strength away from other borders, and towards House Liao. It has long term consequences and could permanently shift the balance of power in the region. House Davion has already benefited from this.

However, if both House Marik and House Davion are focused on House Liao, it keeps all three away from the Clan front.

Strategically, only the Clans benefit more than any other faction, as the military strength of three Houses will be otherwise occupied as a result of this conflict.

Unless it was the work of a rogue internal element, House Marik had no need of this subterfuge, as they honorablly could have declared an end to the NAP at anytime. The only evidence implicating House Davion is a confession from eSeifer, the mercenary responsible for orchestrating this conflict. Mercenaries would benefit from this chaos, if they planned to stay in Capellan space and earn money facing the constant attacks of House Marik and House Davion. However, the mercenaries involved have known Clan ties, and eSeifer is headed to Clan space.

I have no proof, so I can only use deductive reasoning. The disruption of the NAP and this current conflict was most likely engineered by a Clan agent.

#109 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

If planets have no strategic value then why did Liao collectively lose its shot when we took Gan Singh?

Furthermore the only people responsible for engineering then end of the NAP was TCAF. Not the clans. Not Davion. Not eseifer.

#110 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 14 January 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

If planets have no strategic value then why did Liao collectively lose its shot when we took Gan Singh?

Furthermore the only people responsible for engineering then end of the NAP was TCAF. Not the clans. Not Davion. Not eseifer.

Planets have no strategic value, but lost Capellan planets have a great deal of sentimental value. There is only one thing that hurts House Liao more than the loss of our recently returned planets, and that is being betrayed from the inside by those who bear our colors and claim allegiance to the Chancellor.

No one is denying that TCAF willfully chose to break the NAP. The devil didn't make them do it. The devil merely tempted them. They foolishly let their ambition get the better of them, and started a fight with House Marik that they could not win without mercenary support they were falsely promised. House Marik is not the only one displeased with TCAF.

There is little question that the Free Worlds League will have reparations for damages inflicted by TCAF. We will continue to negotiate the finer points on the surface of each planet until we can come to an agreement. Ultimately, House Marik will exact its reprisals, House Davion will take advantage of the situation, and the NAP is irreversiblly damaged, because TCAF violated the trust.

Peace is behind us. We must decide how to go forward.

It has become clear someone from outside of House Liao paid mercenaries to infiltrate our ranks and undermine our ability to fight. Perhaps they safely assumed that our first instinct would be to blame House Davion for the outrage, as the Federated Suns proved their capability for treachery in the Fourth Succession War. However, unless you were personally wounded by the betrayal of the traitor Justin Allard, you can not understand how suspicious it has made House Liao.

If there is the slightest chance some outsider is playing House Liao for fools, they will see the kind of wrath we reserve for those who seek to destroy us through treachery and deceit.

#111 Knaven86

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 14 January 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Measure the strategic value of a few worlds to the strategic value of breaking the House Marik/House Liao NAP.

Planets have no strategic value. Taking or losing planets is only a measure or relative military strength. The planet itself has no value whatsoever.

Breaking the NAP has strategic value. It has encouraged House Marik to shift military strength away from other borders, and towards House Liao. It has long term consequences and could permanently shift the balance of power in the region. House Davion has already benefited from this.

However, if both House Marik and House Davion are focused on House Liao, it keeps all three away from the Clan front.

Strategically, only the Clans benefit more than any other faction, as the military strength of three Houses will be otherwise occupied as a result of this conflict.

Unless it was the work of a rogue internal element, House Marik had no need of this subterfuge, as they honorablly could have declared an end to the NAP at anytime. The only evidence implicating House Davion is a confession from eSeifer, the mercenary responsible for orchestrating this conflict. Mercenaries would benefit from this chaos, if they planned to stay in Capellan space and earn money facing the constant attacks of House Marik and House Davion. However, the mercenaries involved have known Clan ties, and eSeifer is headed to Clan space.

I have no proof, so I can only use deductive reasoning. The disruption of the NAP and this current conflict was most likely engineered by a Clan agent.

Here's something I've been thinking on for a while, even as far back as when the whole Liao merc thing first started. I don't think the clans benefit from this. I don't think Liao, Marik, or Davion benefit from this. But coincidentally, this all started around the same time a lot of other large merc units switched from clan to IS after Tukkayid. Is it a big stretch to think that mercenaries were hired by *other* mercenaries? Perhaps hired by a merc unit that switched to Steiner, Kurita, or FRR. Why would they do this? Because they were switching sides to IS, and did so almost all at the same time. Now the merc population is almost all on the IS side of the conflict, leaving only a handful of clans left to make matches against. If you have all six factions taking the fight to the clans, how much time are they now dedicating to sitting in queues instead of getting matches and stomping pugs? So why not send a few merc groups down to stir up trouble between Marik, Liao, and Davion? If we can all be occupied down here fighting amongst ourselves, they can seal club to their hearts content.

All speculation of course... but makes you wonder eh?

#112 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 14 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Planets have no strategic value, but lost Capellan planets have a great deal of sentimental value. There is only one thing that hurts House Liao more than the loss of our recently returned planets, and that is being betrayed from the inside by those who bear our colors and claim allegiance to the Chancellor.

No one is denying that TCAF willfully chose to break the NAP. The devil didn't make them do it. The devil merely tempted them. They foolishly let their ambition get the better of them, and started a fight with House Marik that they could not win without mercenary support they were falsely promised. House Marik is not the only one displeased with TCAF.

There is little question that the Free Worlds League will have reparations for damages inflicted by TCAF. We will continue to negotiate the finer points on the surface of each planet until we can come to an agreement. Ultimately, House Marik will exact its reprisals, House Davion will take advantage of the situation, and the NAP is irreversiblly damaged, because TCAF violated the trust.

Peace is behind us. We must decide how to go forward.

It has become clear someone from outside of House Liao paid mercenaries to infiltrate our ranks and undermine our ability to fight. Perhaps they safely assumed that our first instinct would be to blame House Davion for the outrage, as the Federated Suns proved their capability for treachery in the Fourth Succession War. However, unless you were personally wounded by the betrayal of the traitor Justin Allard, you can not understand how suspicious it has made House Liao.

If there is the slightest chance some outsider is playing House Liao for fools, they will see the kind of wrath we reserve for those who seek to destroy us through treachery and deceit.

dun Dun DUN!!!!

Intrigue intensifies! (Cue suspenseful organ music)

#113 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostKnaven86, on 14 January 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Here's something I've been thinking on for a while, even as far back as when the whole Liao merc thing first started. I don't think the clans benefit from this. I don't think Liao, Marik, or Davion benefit from this. But coincidentally, this all started around the same time a lot of other large merc units switched from clan to IS after Tukkayid. Is it a big stretch to think that mercenaries were hired by *other* mercenaries? Perhaps hired by a merc unit that switched to Steiner, Kurita, or FRR. Why would they do this? Because they were switching sides to IS, and did so almost all at the same time. Now the merc population is almost all on the IS side of the conflict, leaving only a handful of clans left to make matches against. If you have all six factions taking the fight to the clans, how much time are they now dedicating to sitting in queues instead of getting matches and stomping pugs? So why not send a few merc groups down to stir up trouble between Marik, Liao, and Davion? If we can all be occupied down here fighting amongst ourselves, they can seal club to their hearts content.

All speculation of course... but makes you wonder eh?

Its not a stretch at all, because its exactly what happened.

During the furore that occured when the first Marik planet fell i had a conversation with some of the Antares Scorpions guys and they were pretty open about their employment.

They claimed they were hired by -MS- though they never said for what reason.

#114 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 15 January 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

Its not a stretch at all, because its exactly what happened.

During the furore that occured when the first Marik planet fell i had a conversation with some of the Antares Scorpions guys and they were pretty open about their employment.

They claimed they were hired by -MS- though they never said for what reason.

I don't know who you spoke to, if anyone, but that's not ture, we were hired by someone who used to be part of Mercstar.
At no point did we ever think or say we were hired by Mercstar.
And if one of our pilots did say that, its only because they didn't know the full ins and outs

#115 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:02 AM

View PostZerex, on 15 January 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

I don't know who you spoke to, if anyone, but that's not ture, we were hired by someone who used to be part of Mercstar.
At no point did we ever think or say we were hired by Mercstar.
And if one of our pilots did say that, its only because they didn't know the full ins and outs

It was a conversation in the Faction chat held whilst AS were trying to encourage others to drop on a Marik planet, I didnt screenshot it which in retrospect maybe I should have. Truthfully the detail of who exactly did the hiring is relevant only in that it wasnt a Liao loyalist.

The speculation of Mercs hiring Mercs still remains valid.

#116 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

-MS- did not employ AS.

I did as an employer through Davion Funds.

Edited by eSeifer, 15 January 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#117 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:47 AM

Meh. Mercs or at least a large portion of them switched to play with what they believed was the better mechs. At least the switch seemed to coincide with the requirkening.

#118 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:56 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 15 January 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

Meh. Mercs or at least a large portion of them switched to play with what they believed was the better mechs. At least the switch seemed to coincide with the requirkening.

just went where the money was, unit deciding which side of the the Steiner/Falcon boarder we fall we on, i want to fall on the clan side.
yea the Clans got a nerf, big whoop, they still have 4 of the most powerful mechs in the game, i see no problem with still bashing heads in clan tech.

Edited by Zerex, 15 January 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#119 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PosteSeifer, on 15 January 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

-MS- did not employ AS.

MY GOD MAN, WHATS HAPPENING TO YOUR NOSE!!!!:-o
😊

-MS- did not employ AS.

😊

-MS- did not employ AS.

😊
Sorry for repeating myself, bloody mobile connection :-)

#120 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Look, Davion has been getting a lot better and posting a lot of people on 2 of 3 ceasefires. This left the Clan front, the only really active one is CJF and even TCAF was probably getting stomped there.

So they took a swing at Marik, cuz YOLO and what else you gonna do? Liao is always in a bad spot.

The difference is that Davion never YOLOs. If you make a NAP with Davion it gets kept until the other side breaks it and the AFFS is always happy to do stuff like scrims to flip worlds to make everyone happy with the border.

Davion is the goodguys. Who is a more reliable ally is an easy call.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users