Basic'd The Loyality Cicada, Now What?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

There's the ECM bug which seems to be the 2nd logical choice of the 3 to get to mastery. Who's the 3rd one going to be?

And yes, X-5, BJ-3 or crab are all acceptable answers. I can't say I'm in love with the cricket.

#2 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

Currently, probably the 2A - it's got some nice range quirks that make it run a bit different from the ECM Cicada and the 3F. It thrives with 6 MLs, making it a bit Jenner like.

Because honestly, the build of my 3f and 3m is pretty much identical, barring the JJs and ECM that are exclusives. (I got 2 ERLLs, 2 MLs, 300XL)

X5 isn't bad though, it's just a weird hardpoint layout. Though even it ends up about the same as the 3M and 3F, unless the latest Quirkening changed my ideas somehow.

#3 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

I took the one with 6 lasers and the ECM one. Both work really well!

#4 Sewman

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

I have the loyalty cicada, the 3m ecm version and then I looked long and hard at whether to choose the 2a (6 torso laser hard points, disposable shield arms) and the 2b (2 laser hard points in each arm and one in the ct).

I went with the 2b which is more suited to mpulse, brawly close range builds. And the great thing about it is that the arms aim much faster than torso mounted weapons even though they can only pivot vertically, like a bj jaeger or king crab. It's allowed me to shoot down uavs and its opened up a whole other level of *** whooping from higher elevations shooting down on the foreheads of assaults. When you find yourself an elevated position on a distracted heavy or assault omg get ready for cbill payday. Easily the highest average damage out of the three variants because of those matches where the moons align.

My loyalty cicada has to fight more on a level altitude and I have a tougher time picking and choosing which components to target especially when engaged with jump jetting mechs.

I thought about the added durability of having shield arms on the 2a but so far I have NOT been able to do a very good job of taking damage with those shield arms on my 3f, so maybe someone else can speak to that benefit for the 2a if they've had better luck successfully escaping and protecting your side torsos with those rather small shields.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users