Stocking Stuffer 2015 Event Updated! More Redeems!

277 replies to this topic

#101 Jambosque Felkos

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

That 5 prize buckets have been condensed into 2 prize buckets is a good change, especially on the Invasion/Counter-Attack side.

#102 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 818 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 21 December 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'd wish they change the CN9-AH to another mech, like one that was not already given away to half the MWO players who played in 2013-2014 and we cannot sell.

I'll take a yen-lo-wang over this piece of **** CN9-AH anyday.

Edited by Wing 0, 22 December 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#103 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostWing 0, on 22 December 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'll take a yen-lo-wang over this piece of **** CN9-AH anyday.

The reason the CN9-AH was added to the game is because people whined for ages about the Yen lo Wang being the first, and possibly only legitimate "Pay to Win" mech because the only Centurion chassis that could mount an AC/20 at the time was a Hero (fun fact was the first Hero) mech that could only be bought with MC. Now we have another arguably P2W Hero mech coming soon, the Archer Tempest, only the Hero Archer has ECM.

Edited by Ed Steele, 22 December 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#104 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

Pirates bane may not be p2w but it has ecm... in fact I doubt any mech is current p2w because you can have the best mech in the world but if you drop with 11 knuckleheads you may not perform too well.

*IF* the ecm archer ends up being OP (and I am not convinced it will) people will just target it first like they do other high-priority targets. Ecm does little to counter laser/ballistic damage and if you are avoiding LOS while spamming lurms, then what is the point of ecm?

Not saying it's not helpful, just not convinced a team rolling with 3-4 tempest will auto-win without skill and coordination.

If you want p2w in this game? Buy 11 skilled players to drop with.

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 22 December 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#105 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 22 December 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Pirates bane may not be p2w but it has ecm...

There was a notable amount of weeping and gnashing of teeth over the PB having ecm when it was released. It was fun to watch.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 22 December 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#106 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 818 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 22 December 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

The reason the CN9-AH was added to the game is because people whined for ages about the Yen lo Wang being the first, and possibly only legitimate "Pay to Win" mech because the only Centurion chassis that could mount an AC/20 at the time was a Hero (fun fact was the first Hero) mech that could only be bought with MC. Now we have another arguably P2W Hero mech coming soon, the Archer Tempest, only the Hero Archer has ECM.

There is no such thing as pay to win here. its either get the mechs and take advantage of em right away or wait it out. Timber C Champion was free if you earned it from the autumn event. where did pay to win go to in all of that? oh wait, it was never there. PGI needs to make money for this or we get nothing out of it. FTP is mainly all about pay at your own expense. if you havnt taken initiative on things they are showing out right now, clearly Free To Play isn't the place for ya. in other words: get out of my sight. Too bad the wang can easily get tortured out there which is why its rare to see it on the field.

Edited by Wing 0, 22 December 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#107 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

I paid for a TBR-C Champion, then won a free one shortly after. Not the same thing though.

I don't think there's much "P2W", the closest you get is maybe pay to get a new chassis before they fix the quirks.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 22 December 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#108 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

right now i'd kill for the free mech. It'd allow me to master my cents.

#109 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

View PostTWIAFU, on 21 December 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

PGI gives out FREE stuff in the spirit of Christmas, and people complain it is FREE stuff or not the right FREE stuff.

You know how it is with children, there are never enough gifts.

#110 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

And note that the IIc stuff is unquirked so I think pgi is learning their lesson...

#111 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the stocking stuffer event PGI. Posted Image

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 22 December 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Got the Cent-AH as a free gift in my 25 lol.

Same.

Edited by Ace Selin, 22 December 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#112 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

kinda wished Steam users had a higher chance to get the free mech....since unlike the rest of you guys, we don't have it.

#113 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostWing 0, on 22 December 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

There is no such thing as pay to win here. its either get the mechs and take advantage of em right away or wait it out. Timber C Champion was free if you earned it from the autumn event. where did pay to win go to in all of that? oh wait, it was never there. PGI needs to make money for this or we get nothing out of it. FTP is mainly all about pay at your own expense. if you havnt taken initiative on things they are showing out right now, clearly Free To Play isn't the place for ya. in other words: get out of my sight. Too bad the wang can easily get tortured out there which is why its rare to see it on the field.

My point is that some players would consider builds that are arguably superior on a mech that is only available for real money "P2W". Now don't get me wrong, I agree that MWO is pay for a slight advantage but not " P2W" and you would know that if you have read many of my posts that I have made over the years, but some of the "whiners' " criticisms are not completely unfounded.

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 December 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

kinda wished Steam users had a higher chance to get the free mech....since unlike the rest of you guys, we don't have it.

What about old players like me who merged their MWO accounts with their Steam accounts?

#114 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 22 December 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

My point is that some players would consider builds that are arguably superior on a mech that is only available for real money "P2W". Now don't get me wrong, I agree that MWO is pay for a slight advantage but not " P2W" and you would know that if you have read many of my posts that I have made over the years, but some of the "whiners' " criticisms are not completely unfounded.

What about old players like me who merged their MWO accounts with their Steam accounts?

You get a mech as well. I'm only saying this since steam users are unlikely to have a "premium" mech yet.

#115 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

*Sigh* lurmageddon begins again. Suppose im gonna have to exclusively drive lurm assualt mech hunters till January then.

Suppose if i do get a second AH i may as well turn it into a lurm boat......

Edited by mad kat, 22 December 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#116 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

As far as I know this was a "normal" version so it could be sold, unlike the loyalty version...

I haven't won it yet so is this not the case?

#117 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 22 December 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

And note that the IIc stuff is unquirked so I think pgi is learning their lesson...

Maybe Clan Wave 3 finally forced the issue. The best mech (Cheetah) came with tons of unnecessary quirks, while the fun but not great Shadow Cat has really minor ones and the super low firepower Executioner (unless you take the 7 Energy arm, which really should have a negaquirk or two) got nothing until just a few days ago. Ebon Jag is fine without any quirks, it's a solid design.

Anyway, I prefer no quirks to the haphazard ones that have come out of the gate before. PGI doesn't always have a great handle on which mechs would be good and which ones won't.

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 December 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

Don't worry, not all of us old-timers have every mech. Depending on when you take breaks from the game, you can miss out on all kinds of goodies. Seems like they gave out a ton of cool prizes (including free mechs) for completing weekly challenges just a few months before I started playing again... so I was saving up C-bills for stuff I could have easily got for free :P

#118 EOD Operator

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

I'm just going to leave this here... Thanks for the event PGI!
Posted Image

#119 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

*nmv*

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 19 January 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#120 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostInsufficient Skill, on 22 December 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Feel free to buy it - like the rest of the people who have a premium mech.

well i dun derped. i thought it was a premium mech..

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users