Stocking Stuffer 2015 Event Updated! More Redeems!

277 replies to this topic

#141 Apewar

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

/sigh

#142 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 December 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

EVENT UPDATE!
Due to popular request we have added 25 additional redeems to rifleman pre-order owners! If you don’t own a rifleman package you can pre-order before the event deadline to earn these additional 25 redeems. To keep things festive we have added another 25 redeems to the Faction play mode as well!
That’s 150 Game mode redeems and 50 bonus Redeems for Pre-orders!
You have until January 4th 10:00:00 AM (PST) / 6:00:00 PM (UTC) to qualify and until January 8th at 10 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC) to redeem your prizes!
Happy Holidays MechWarrior!

This would be great, Matt, except the the early adopter awards have expired. I've picked up some of the other Icons specifically because they had extra event prizes within the early adopter window. And I passed on the icons that didn't because the value didn't seem up to par comparatively. In a way, you set a precedent and I was disappointed when there weren't event bonuses for following icons packs.

I would definitely pick up the Rifleman if the early adopter awards were extended, but for those of us who passed on it when the early adopter awards were available, adding a significantly less amount of cbils / mc / cockpit items / modules now isn't an incentive to buy. Bring back the early adopter awards just for this event and I'll definitely buy, but otherwise it's just a reward for those who've already purchased Riflemen.

Thoughts Matt?

#143 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:13 PM

(L) mechs were given out for (l)oyalty... whatever metric they deemed necessary to qualify. Whatever you think of the mech itself, the (L) shows that the owner earned it. Opening a 150-200 freebies apparently does not constitute (l)oyalty... The thing is that the (L) is much more valuable than the (C) of mechs... it's the gift that keeps giving long after you are done leveling.

#144 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

View Postlive1991, on 22 December 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

XL in a Cent, Really ????

It's fine if you put a really large XL engine... not so hot when you don't (you can't get away with slow XL engines IMO).

XL300 is probably the bare minimum for XLs on a Cent.

View PostEd Steele, on 22 December 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Not every new player is a hapless child, I am sure there are those who learn quickly. Really, you should run for the DNC nomination, with all that hand wringing!

Honestly, with the dropdecks I see in CW (and with solo PUGs), I beg to differ.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 December 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#145 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

@LRM 666,
Good luck with that campaign...
Though I would agree that perhaps changing the early adopter rewards to be reduced a bit each month may prevent this sentiment in the future...
So month one of early adoption you get all teh goodies, month 2, you don't get the cbills, month 3, no cbills and one less module, etc...

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 22 December 2015 - 06:20 PM.

#146 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostKyuzo, on 22 December 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

so it's not the AH(L)? well thats stupid... i don't even own one... and i want one

PGI needs to learn how to input it in so the challenge knows what you own and don't own so people can get a mech that was given out free prior.

So glad its not so I can get rid of it.

#147 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Additional 25 showed up , thanks ,good bit of cockpit items and c-bills

Again thanks for the event.

#148 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:37 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 22 December 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

@LRM 666,
Good luck with that campaign...
Though I would agree that perhaps changing the early adopter rewards to be reduced a bit each month may prevent this sentiment in the future...
So month one of early adoption you get all teh goodies, month 2, you don't get the cbills, month 3, no cbills and one less module, etc...

Well the truth is I would have bought the Rifleman within the early adopter window if I knew it would have event rewards associated with it. I was surprised when none of the events during that time had a Rifleman bonus. The previous Icons did, just seems like a lack of planning than could have generated more interest for their pack but now is kind of a slap in the face to those who passed on it then. Why would this convince anyone who didn't buy then to do so now for less rewards?

Edited by LRM 666, 22 December 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#149 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the extra stuff, didn't need it but I won't say no either lol.

#150 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

@LRM 666,
I get what you are saying, not sure I agree...

To me, I equate it to going to the ice cream shop early and in doing so they throw some extra cherries on your ice cream. To me you can't count on those cherries b/c you didn't buy them, you got them on top of your ice cream for whatever reason, but you are not paying for them. So if you suddenly no longer get extra cherries, but would still get what you paid for... I guess I just fail to see how that is their fault.

If they advertised "buy pack X now and we'll throw in 25 grab bags later" then I can see your issue, but that wasn't part of the early adopter deal so far as I know...

#151 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 22 December 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

@LRM 666,
I get what you are saying, not sure I agree...

To me, I equate it to going to the ice cream shop early and in doing so they throw some extra cherries on your ice cream. To me you can't count on those cherries b/c you didn't buy them, you got them on top of your ice cream for whatever reason, but you are not paying for them. So if you suddenly no longer get extra cherries, but would still get what you paid for... I guess I just fail to see how that is their fault.

If they advertised "buy pack X now and we'll throw in 25 grab bags later" then I can see your issue, but that wasn't part of the early adopter deal so far as I know...

Actually it was for the previous Icons packs. Within the early adopter time frame for all of those they ran events that included "If you preorder the pack you receive X bonus event rewards." So you could see that you'd be getting early adopter awards IN ADDITION to event rewards by buying then and there. You knew in advance when making the purchase decision that the event rewards would be included.

In this case they are offering event awards after the early adopter awards have expired. Which means for all of us players who were waiting for something similar for the Rifleman, we saw no available event rewards during the early adopter period and decided to pass. Then, after the fact these event rewards are added retroactively. So if we weren't convinced to buy by the much better rewards through early adopter, we can now have these lesser rewards INSTEAD if we still pay the same price. So the vast majority of these 25 points will given to players who already bought the Rifleman pack.

The difference is subtle I'll admit, but it makes all the difference knowing you'll receive both at the time of purchase vs being told after you already bought that oh by the way you get some extras. But that if you didn't buy then too bad you can't have both like all the previous icons. My point is that this addition will not result in many more, if any Rifleman buyers now because the rewards are pittance next to early adopter rewards. And it's a disappointment to those of us who were waiting for just something like this to make a purchase as it had been offered before for other icons packs but now cannot attain unless they extend the early adopter.

Essentially it will be a giveaway to those who already bought, won't significantly encourage new buyers currently on the fence, and instills uncertainty in what to look forward to in the future.

To use your analogy, it's more like your friend buys a banana split and you buy single scoop for the same price. After you're seated and eating the waiter informs your friend his banana split comes with an extra unadvertised single scoop as well as sprinkles. But she also tells you it's now too late for your to order a banana split yourself and you may only have less sprinkles than your friend.

Edited by LRM 666, 22 December 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#152 Konrad Kismet

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

Very nice that you give the Rifleman owners some free stuff too - thx pgi!

#153 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Sigh this stocking stuffer only shows me how bad my luck is. Thanks PGI for making me depressed over big stompy robots.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 22 December 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#154 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

CW rewards would be a lot more reasonable if you used somethink like '1 point for every 150 match score cumulated'. Reason being I can easily farm about 3 points in QP in the same time frame of a CW match.

#155 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

worst event ever. If your going to give a mech away make it reasonable to get. Not locked behind some lazy RNG programming.

#156 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

A commitment to 75 drops of CW (excluding all the Ghost Drops) to get all the prizes?

Good luck with that.

#157 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

The Cent shouldn't be a random drop. That's just downright insulting.

#158 Owlmoth

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:16 PM

Having recently received the gift of Rifleman and Archer packs... getting 50 free redeems is a damn nice bow on top! Much appreciated! :D
Can't honestly say where I'll find the time to do 75 CW matches though...

#159 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

whoever came up with the idea to give out the gifts via a RNG program needs to be sacked.

#160 fishballz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 December 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

whoever came up with the idea to give out the gifts via a RNG program needs to be sacked.

My condolence on your luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users