#1 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Since i started playing Marauders, i equiped them with different wepon systems... I use PPC as main medium/long range weapons on 3R/5D, and LPL on 5M/BH2. I use AC/2 as secondary/sniping weapon on 3R/5D/BH2, MPL as main short range weapon on 3R/5D/5M, SPL as main short weapon on BH2, MG as secondary short range weapon on 3R/5D/BH2...

What? No it's not complicated, i just group them so i don't have to care about differences in effective range. But it gives me a lot of stats on the use of these weapons on the same chassis.

So, for these weapons, my hit ratios are as follow :

PPC : 55.9%
LPL : 81.4%
MPL : 81.93%
SPL : 81.73%
AC2 : 61.79%
MG : 64.55%

This is interesting, as you can easily see that's it's way easier to hit with the highest velocity weapons. Lasers are the easiest to hit with, followed by MG, then AC/2 and finally PPC... But what's really interesting, is that with my wepon grouping, i almost never fire these weapons alone.

For example, on MAD-3R, my first weapon group is :

2xPPC 1xAC2

However, while i mostly fire these weapons together, the hit ratio is far from being close. And on MAD-5D and MAD-BH2, my first weapon grouping is :

2xLPL 1xAC2

And once again, we can see that there's a big difference in hit ratio while i fire all these weapons at the same time most of the time.

Let check my average damage/hit :

PPC : 9.24
LPL : 7.15
MPL : 4.22
SPL : 2.67
AC2 : 1.99
MG : 0.097

Wow.... this is weird... It can be seen that i use my PPC a lot within optimal range, but that keeping the pulse lasers on target is a little more difficult. The AC2 is doing fine, but the MG damage... It looks like i do actually more MG damage than i'm supposed to.... 0.097 instead of 0.08, maybe because of the critical hits?

But while these stats of damage/hit are interesting, what's even more interesting is the average damage/trigger pull...

PPC : 5.17
LPL : 5.82
MPL : 3.46
SPL : 2.18
AC2 : 1.23
MG : 0.063

Thee numbers are very interesting to me as they give me a real indication of the effectiveness of each weapon, including the hit ratio with them... As it can be seen, the LPL is way more efficient than the PPC, for much less heat... yes, heat, why i prefer these stats is because every time i pull the trigger, each weapon generate heat, regardless of if i hit or not... So i can get these numbers, average damage/heat :

PPC : 0.52
LPL : 0.83
MPL : 0.87
SPL : 1.09
AC2 : 1.54
MG : NA

Here it can be seen that the efficiency of the PPC is really inferior to the LPL, while the short range weapons are indeed more efficient as they should. The AC2, while being a low damage weapon, still have a good damage/heat ratio for a long range weapon... And MG of course don't generate heat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users