• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

Welcome Steamwarriors and new players in general,

Koniving here.
Spoiler

This thread subject will change with events.

Currently we have the Stocking Stuffer event. Undoubtedly you've seen it here. Keep in mind for this particular kind of event, there's an "unclaimed clause." Anything with a statement about unclaimed prizes means that instead of automatically giving you the prizes in game like with the last event, you must go to that page and click Posted Image

Here's a good way to save yourself some time: Play freely, and shortly before your time to play MWO is coming to an end, jump on to here and open or refresh that page, and open your stocking stuffers. Do this daily until the event ends. Enjoy your free goodies!

Feel free to add any questions related to events or prizes down below.

Edited by Koniving, 22 December 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#2 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

This is one of those events where saving all your picks is pointless. Everything you get can be used, MC, GXP, Cbills, all of its useful, and whats more you might get a Centurion CN9-AH! No sense in sitting on the possibility of a free mech when you can use it. Or sell it.

#3 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

Interesting question (maybe I just missed the fine print).. if you can only win the mech prize once per account... do you still get something on the pick that would have rolled a second CN9? I'm assuming they would probably have the randomizer ignore the CN9 once you've won it...?

(and saving picks IS pointless, I agree.. unless your wife thinks it's a cute mini game.. and SHE requests you save them up so she can do the picks.... Posted Image ... or said differently, she does the buying, I do the dyin' :D)

Edited by Morggo, 22 December 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

Morggo. Most likely it would ignore the chance of hitting the CN9-AH after you get it.

I do see they finally made it so that you can buy a CN9-AH. Used to be it was impossible to get by any means other than reward. Still, save this thing! It's incredible! A Yen Lo Wang, without cash, and sports triple ballistics and triple missiles!

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

Oh no, not another AH, I already have 2 I cannot get rid of (I would keep 1 but having 2 copies each of the three 2014 loyalty Mechs is irritating (they were released in October 2014(December for the King Crab) then again in I think March 2015)
this is about the only time I am almost hoping I do not get the free Mech, although I suspect this time I will, at least, be able to sell it

the AH is a good Mech if you can live with ammo only weapons (I can but much prefer having lasers for when I run out of ammo), yes it has 0 energy hardpoints

View PostKoniving, on 22 December 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Morggo. Most likely it would ignore the chance of hitting the CN9-AH after you get it.

in the previous grab bag event Russ (boss of PGI, the Developer) said that you can only get the Mech once, it was apparently set to if you draw the Mech check if you have already had it and if you have it runs the randomizer again
edit:
and the event page says you can only get the Mech once

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 22 December 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

I didn't get second copies of the loyalty mechs. :( I am sads.

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Thanks, Koniving. I think you said it better. A more welcoming "Welcoming Committee", and all.

OH, all that free MC to convert XP to GXP from my already-mastered mechs, to unlock more modules...

And the extra free GXP to help with that, too...

And the cool cockpit items that are slowly un-Scrooging me (NOT a euphemism)...

And more MC consumables for free, to stockpile for when it really matters...

Man, I love this FREE stuff!

#8 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

To get more pulls you need 150 points in "Quick Play" matches.

A lot of players will tell you that 150 points is easy, but for new players it can be difficult. I took a long time to learn the game and during the first event like this I got pretty frustrated with only getting enough points every 2-3 matches and would mostly depend on winning.

Just relax and view them as an extra bonus for having fun. None of the items are anything you need. Play like you would normally and remember, it's just a game, you're here to have fun in big stompy robots!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users