- - - - -

How To Report Afk's?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Rotella-T

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Seems like every game has a plant/spy/or AFK.
Is there an in game 'report' system?

If no 'In Game' report system is in place, what screenshot is need to effectively report plants/spies/AFK's?
I was thinking the 'Team' stats at the end of the game, but not sure.

I know we all do it from time to time...But it's seems like it's on the rise.
After an in game chat, I decided to ask here on the forums.

Thanks!

#2 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

There is an in-game reporting tool. Hold down tab to bring up the list of players. You can click their names to open a drop-down menu for a variety or reporting descriptions, including AFK. Click it, and it sends.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Just remember, sometimes a player is afk at the very beginning of the match, but in about a minute is up and moving. (Done this several times). I find if I get moving immediately I tend to wind up very dead, so I tend to follow along the rear while the action's started so I can circle around and try to get people from behind. Doesn't always work, but it beats being that first guy everyone shoots dead.

#4 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

Yes, just click the name, skip the friend option and go to report, then follow the little drop downs. Becareful, if you leave the box, it resets.

~Leone.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

if I am going to report someone I usualy wait until the end of the match, you can do it on the end of match screen, if someone goes AFK for 30 seconds or a minute I ignore that, sometimes a minute into the match I am still answering questions posted in the pregame chat.

as for disconnects I only usualy report them if it is a hide in the corner then shutdown, I know some players do get disconnected frequently, and I do not want to punish them for something beyond there control (I had 1 evening when I just could not connect to matches on the EU server, so as I have the OC server disabled every other match I never connected, the next morning I tried 1 server at a time and the US was working fine, EU I could not connect to)
most of my reports are for bad language (and no I am not taking text speak)

for a full list of what you can report someone for read the Code of Conduct
http://mwomercs.com/conduct

#6 Rotella-T

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the answers!

#7 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

I reports only those that are clearly afk, such as the last mechs people hunt and end up standing there at respawn location.
That is really messing with people's time and fun.

However, we always have to take into account something can happen preventing the person from playing, I figure that if it is a very rare occasion for the person, the report will not matter. I take it only repeated occurances of AFK reports will have an effect, that is if these reports even have an effect.

#8 Princeps Ibram Cain

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

Honestly, every time i see something like "HIS AFK, REPORT.", i think "Oh noes, another one who think his playing League of Legends".

AFKs sometimes makes a difference but, in the most cases, a 11 vs 12 match, or even a 10 vs 12 can be a good game for the lowest number team.

Edited by Ibram Cain, 23 December 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#9 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

This is a multiplayer game, it's inconsiderate to go AFK for long.
Those who complain or report are not the problem here.

#10 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostM0rdresh, on 23 December 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

People don't always go AFK on purpose.

The only time I report AFKs is when I know the pilot's name because he's always AFK.

#11 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

A few things to consider:

1.) Might be AFK because LIFE HAPPENS. I live with my partner, her two kids (both teenagers now), and three cats. Something gets spilled or vomited on pretty routinely, and not usually when it's most convenient to my online gaming.

2.) There's a difference between AFK and disconnected. If the player is disconnected, his/her mech's icon on the battlegrid and minimap will turn gold/yellow. THAT is more often due to connectivity issues and the occasional server-side oopsie.

3.) Even repeat offenders may not be INTENTIONAL. Some of us have consistent internet connections, some of us do not.

IF, having given due consideration to the above, you determine that the AFK/DISCO player is intentionally non-participating, then I'd go ahead and report as described in previous posts above.

#12 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostM0rdresh, on 23 December 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

Those who complain or report are not the problem here.

While this is correct, it _is_ a game. Real life comes first.
(I´m talking about phone calls, or when someone is at the door. I´m not just ignoring that because I´m in a match)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users