Weapon Group Chain-Fire

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I'd like to see the ability to cycle through weapon groups on chain-fire, especially given the heat-scaling restrictions.

For (simplistic) example, take a 6 large-laser Stalker. 2 lasers per group, for 3 total groups. I'd like to see the ability to fire one group and have the cycle automatically move to the next group for the next discharge. This will come in handy for mechs that choose to specialize in a weapon group (IE: swayback, the stalker mentioned, etc) and allow those groupings to function even with the heat-scaling restrictions.

(Yes, I know I can bind these groups to mouse buttons; I said a simple example!)

#2 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

+1. I was actually wishing very same thing. Applies to cannons/PPCs, too, even to missiles. Say, i want to use chain fire with a Boar's Head which has AC/20, PPC, SRM6 and 5 medium lasers. If i use chain-fire as it is now, most of the time SRMs, PPC and AC/10 is not at work; 5 medium lasers take quite a while to cycle 1 by 1. Which effectively renders chain-fire useless. But if i'd be able to chain-fire groups, then i could just put those 5 medium lasers into a group, and each other weapon into its separate group, and then chain-fire these 4 groups just fine.

Also, this could easily be implemented as a third mode "under" backspace button (which would cycle through the 3 modes). Not even a new button needed.

#3 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Cross Link,,,,, They Had it in past MW games

#4 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

This would be a great feature! PGI please consider this!

#5 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Already been suggested a while ago...but nothing from PGI on it.

View PostZyllos, on 02 September 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I think what you want is Linked Chain Firing.

A linked chain works just like chain firing, except each firing of a weapon group fires all weapons within the linked chain together then proceeds to the next linked chain in the weapon group.

So, for your Nova example, you can have 2 weapon groups (1 & 2) along with 2 linked groups in each weapon group. Each weapon group has 6 C ERMLs. Then each weapon group has 2 linked groups of 3 C ERMLs each.

When firing a weapon group, just like any time else, fires either the next weapon OR next linked group within the weapon group. So, for this example, it will fire 3 C ERMLs, then another 3 C ERMLs.

This can be combined together with single and linked weapons within the same group. So, you could have a single Gauss Rifle and then 2 C ERLLs within the same weapon group. The Gauss is by itself while the 2 C ERLLs are linked. Pressing the button once (and holding) would charge up the Gauss Rifle and fire while pressing the weapon group button again would fire the 2 C ERLLs.

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

I agree completely, in fact, I recently suggested the same thing!

#7 scp

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Was wondering why people werent looking for this that much

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Make it a poll.

#9 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

Yes, I have a post somewhere, I have a running list of topics started for this. This is a nice place to update my list I think! Very good and important post from long ago. If I find more I'll expand my list. Until this is all put together and examined thoroughly by the Owners.

My list of prior requests, including, a nice illustration I made to help people visualize what I'm describing. I definitely absolutely agree there needs to be more control over chain fire specifically. I want to fire 2 lasers at a time or 3 or 4 then 2 ... It's been done before.

Edited by dkcc85, 23 December 2015 - 01:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users