- - - - -

I'm Not A New Player! But I Need Some Help.

5 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

Background:

I took a month off of MWO. I had too many things going on and had to step away. It was by no means a protest against the game. Real life happened. During real life happening, I upgraded my keyboard, my PC crashed, and I summarily upgraded to Win10 and reinstalled the game at default settings. I have been playing MWO since closed beta. I made many adjustments to settings and whatnot, I cannot remember them all. I lost them all in the crash and rebuild. I came back and played some Wednesday night... Man, things were so crazy. I was getting a headache... Everything from the screen to my mouse was moving way too fast, I couldn't even target things like I used to. Now I understand I was away for a a while. Some retraining is needed and I have to relearn all my muscle memory for a new keyboard. Blah blah blah..

My question:
What all video settings can I do to ease up on the visual intake a bit? I dumbed down my mouse, I think I have to do more, but my main concern now are my video settings.... Any ideas or suggestions before I go flailing about?

#2 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

First thing drop mouse sensitivity A LOT (even with an older 600DPI usb2 trackball I run .5, and most people with gaming mice are running .2-.3 range it seems), then turn mouse smoothing and mouse acceleration to 0.

If you need an easy way to reduce strain on your video card and get extra FPS without losing anything in settings, turn off cockpit monitors and cockpit glass. Beyond that, some items are much harder on your graphics card than others. Good guide to the details of all of the graphics settings (credit to Kanajashi)

#3 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

Turn all mouse settings within the client down to zero.

Default First Person FOV is somewhere between 75 to 85. Basically, this setting is akin to pushing your car seat back or forward giving you a wider / narrower field of vision. Adjust to your liking.

If the graphic effects are blinding you, turn down particles to low.

Turn on the colour blind friendly reticule option, it works a lot better than the standard one.

All I can think of based on information provided.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

THANK YOU!

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostCD LoreHammer Lord, on 24 June 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Background:

I took a month off of MWO. I had too many things going on and had to step away. It was by no means a protest against the game. Real life happened. During real life happening, I upgraded my keyboard, my PC crashed, and I summarily upgraded to Win10 and reinstalled the game at default settings. I have been playing MWO since closed beta. I made many adjustments to settings and whatnot, I cannot remember them all. I lost them all in the crash and rebuild. I came back and played some Wednesday night... Man, things were so crazy. I was getting a headache... Everything from the screen to my mouse was moving way too fast, I couldn't even target things like I used to. Now I understand I was away for a a while. Some retraining is needed and I have to relearn all my muscle memory for a new keyboard. Blah blah blah..

My question:
What all video settings can I do to ease up on the visual intake a bit? I dumbed down my mouse, I think I have to do more, but my main concern now are my video settings.... Any ideas or suggestions before I go flailing about?

Not like I haven't seen you playing other things CD...Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 June 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not like I haven't seen you playing other things CD...Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's easier to load STO and let it sit while I go do things than it is for MWO. People hate it when you go AFK in MWO for some reason.... :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users