6 replies to this topic

#1 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

So I have made my way to Elite status on my King Crab, Awesome and now working my way up with the Mauler to master them all three.

Can I safely sell the other variants without any loss of my elite status on the main variant I want to play?
So in other words I guess the "unlock" to get to elite or master is a one-time affair, not real need to have those in inventory?

You may ask why well, but it's money I can reuse for good purpose and I don't like clutter in my garage Posted Image

#2 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

Yes, what was unlocked cannot be un-unlocked.

You don't even loose the skills bought on the chassis you sold. If you decide to rebuy a mech later, all skills you've bought previously will be there. Skills are dependant on the mech chassis model, not on the mech in your inventory. In example, if you have 1 mastered king crab 0000 and buy a second one, the second one will also be mastered.

#3 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

Alright, thanks!

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

sorry were you saying the King Crab is awesome or that you have finished Elite on 3 each King Crab and Awesome, not realy important but the way you put it it could mean ether
yes there is an 80 ton Assault Mech called the Awesome, unfortunately the MWO version does not really live up to its name

yes you can safely sell off the King Crab (and Awesome if you have them) variants you no longer want, however be aware that re buying them later will cost a lot more than you get back so only sell if you are sure you will not want them again, also I advise against selling the equipment with them, there is a sell equipment tick box when you go to sell (sell in inventory, Battlemechs).

#5 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 24 December 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

yes there is an 80 ton Assault Mech called the Awesome, unfortunately the MWO version does not really live up to its name
I wrote meaning elite on the King Crab, Awesome and (almost) Mauler. I love my Awesome (Pretty Baby) mech, it's a real beast with 400XL engine, maximum armor, 3x SRM6 and 3x Pulse Medium Laser. I score very well with it, an Assault type mech at nearly 90Kph; it's amazingly fun (and effective for me).

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostM0rdresh, on 24 December 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

I wrote meaning elite on the King Crab, Awesome and (almost) Mauler. I love my Awesome (Pretty Baby) mech, it's a real beast with 400XL engine, maximum armor, 3x SRM6 and 3x Pulse Medium Laser. I score very well with it, an Assault type mech at nearly 90Kph; it's amazingly fun (and effective for me).

that is great, I am glad to hear it, there is a Mech for everyone, never avoid a Mech just because some players do not like it, some of my best performing Mechs are considered rubbish or at least sub-optimal by most other players

#7 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:37 AM

You can sell mechs, But assaults, i really wouldn't recommend it.. this game changes over time, and often peoples tastes change, especially as they learn, and new balance/game modes come...

If you have the cash just get some extra mech bays.. you can also earn them in CW or events.

Do you really want to earn 15m c-bills because an update all of a sudden makes your old hated king crab your new fav? I know it's happened to me many times. Mechs i never used, or rarely became a favorite. Others that were favs, went by the wayside, because of new mechs, or tweaks to old ones..

If i only had a dollar for every time i saw someone post... WHY DID I SELL THAT MECH!! I wouldn't be rich, but i know i could buy a couple 100 dollar MC packages.. Posted Image

You also don't get sqaut for um... better off selling engines smaller STD engines 245 and under as they are rarely used.. medium lasers can go, they tend to add up.. single heat sinks are another you can sell. Don't sell XL engines or any size.. STD engines over 250 you can sell if you have a bunch that you are not using.. I personally try to keep 3 spares, and don't sell them unless i have more than that. STD260's tend to stack up if you buy heavies for example.

Edited by JC Daxion, 25 December 2015 - 07:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users