Add New Feature To Change Username For Mc?

5 replies to this topic

#1 UglyPony

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

I would like to change my username. I can understand the devs not wanting it to be a trivial thing for people to do, so maybe offering the capability for MC would help limit peoples jumping around with names, while allowing people who chose a crappy name a chance at redemption? :\

#2 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:43 AM

Hmm, I'm willing to bet if you email support they could probably help.

But being able to change your name is low hanging fruit for good additions to the game.

#3 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

IIRC you used to be able to email support for a name change but there was a limit. However a couple of weeks ago somebody said that when he emailed they told him that they weren't doing that now because it was going to be a ingame (or on the forums) feature sometime in January.

#4 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:42 AM

I emailed support about it a week or two ago and they replied saying it will be an in-game feature in January.

#5 Zink1701

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

Its a good idea they are going to include this feature. I may however be open to abuse. Son troll who fecks a lot of people off can simply change his name to troll another day or repeated team killers can simply change there name so you have no idea that they are on your team. They should cap name changes to 1 a month or repeated name changes should be looked into by support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users