- - - - -

Quick Clarification On Quirks If You Vets Done Mind

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

lets take the Oxide. It has missile velocity +10% and missile Cool-down +15 Percent. Now on the missile cool-down does this mean that my missiles take 15 percent longer to recharge or 15 percent quicker to recharge. the color is confusing me.

#2 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:48 PM

Honestly, hard to say. Red text means a bad quirk, like 15% longer to recharge.

But then PGI has come out and said "oops typo, we meant it as a bonus"

Hopefully, someone more helpful than me will chime in.

Edited by Fen Tetsudo, 26 December 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

For REFERENCE. Usually, green means GOOD and red means BAD. Not being a smartypants, either. Sorry.

So, the 15% missile cooldown? It means that the minimum time between shots of any missile launcher on that mech, will be 15% shorter than the normal listed cooldown for that launcher. Faster firing, in other words. Good if you like to machine-gun your missiles. Bad if you have heat issues.

Most quirks are worked out right in the game client, in terms of RED/GREEN. MOST, I say. I can't promise that they're all right.

If you look at, for instance, the Storm Crow, some of its arm omnipods incur penalties to energy weapon cooldown and duration. Those are listed in red. Then go look at, for instance, a Blackjack BJ-1X, and its energy weapon quirks are listed in green. Those are improvements. And so it normally goes. IS mechs are virtually ALL positive quirks. Clan? Well, the POWERFUL Clan mechs have plenty of negative quirks, and there may be a couple positives out there for the misfit toys of Kerensky-land.

Also, off-topic, I agree with Fen Tetsudo above, that we NEED a war horn that does the Roadrunner <MEEP><MEEP> sound. NEED, I say...

#4 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

this is all i needed to know! thanks for the clarification

#5 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe