3 replies to this topic

#1 DRlong

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hello Everyone

I recently oped up the addition module slot on my Artic Cheeta Prime. When I go to the module area of the Mech lab all of the Mech and weapon modules are locked. I have plenty of money to buy them, but i can not... Can someone explain the process of unlocking these, please.

Drlong

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

goto the skill tree,.. and then Pilot.. scroll down and you will see weapon modules,, you need to unlock them to level one to use them.. then upgrade them to lvl 5 for max potential.. each costs around 5k GXP to fully unlock.

(the reason to play Champion mechs!) Posted Image

Edited by JC Daxion, 27 December 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#3 DRlong

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Awesome thank you!

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, every single weapon module takes progressively more GXP to unlock the next level. There are 5 levels per module (500, 600, 700, 800, and 900 GXP), for a total of 3,500 GXP to fully unlock one. Most weapons have TWO modules--one for cooldown, one for range. That's a solid 7,000 GXP to get the most out of that weapon. Weapon modules can be swapped between mechs. Each should cost 3,000,000 CBills, with a few notable exceptions (like Enhanced NARC, which is the ONLY NARC module, and ONLY available for IS NARC, and costs 4,000,000 CB IIRC). But only one instance of any particular module may be installed in a mech at any time (ie- you can't put TWO Gauss cooldown modules on the same mech at the same time, to double the cooldown bonus, but you CAN put a Gauss cooldown and Gauss range on it, provided you have enough module slots).

As you likely noticed, there are three different kinds of modules: Mech, Weapon, and Consumable. Mech modules are one- or two-level unlockable. That is, you have to spend GXP to unlock the module, and anywhere between 5,000 and 15,000 GXP for one module or level of it. Weapon modules are as described above. And consumable modules do not REQUIRE additional skills to be unlocked with GXP, but it is usually helpful. You can unlock two pilot skills for the CoolShot module, for instance. One adds 20% to the effectiveness of ALL CoolShot modules. The other makes the CoolShot 9 a CoolShot 9x9, basically doubling its effectiveness IIRC. These aren't additional MODULES, just pilot skills that ENHANCE the modules' performance.

The MASTER module slot (will show 'LOCKED' until you have completed the MASTER skill, with MECH XP, for a particular mech) may be used for EITHER a weapon or mech module, at your discretion.

ALL modules, even consumables, may be installed or removed, and owned ones not in use are kept in your inventory. Mech and Weapon modules may be sold from your inventory screen, and sell for 50% of their purchase price. I DO NOT RECOMMEND SELLING MODULES. Also, unless you play a LOT of Conquest, I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THE CAPTURE ACCELERATOR MODULE.

Example. You want to MASTER the Timber Wolf chassis. You find, after a short time, that you prefer a certain loadout on the TBR. Say, Gauss, 2x cLPL, cERML. You want to run that loadout on all three TBRs that you own, and level them all up to MASTER. Like the omnipods and weapons and other equipment, you may remove the MODULES from one, when you're done with it, and install them on another. The modules are NOT chassis- or variant-specific, and can even be used equally in both Clan and IS mechs (though weapon modules are differentiated between Clan and IS weapons, there is NO difference between tech bases for consumables and mech modules). So, you strip your weapons, equipment, omnipods, and your MODULES, off of your TBR-PRIME, and install them on your TBR-S, and go right on playing virtually the same mech, with the same module buffs to weapon performance.

Cool, huh?

Also, since they're relatively cheap, I recommend LEAVING your consumable modules on your mechs, even if you strip everything else off of them. Those, and armor. Both are CHEAP, so it's not like leaving a 6,000,000 CB module installed on your mech, only for it to collect dust in the back of the garage for a year. They run like 10k-40k CB, which is no more than HALF what you should be earning even in a bad loss. And check the box on your consumables to automatically re-purchase when used, so you never forget (embarrassingly, I say from personal experience) to carry them on the next drop when you're in a hurry. One less thing to worry about...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users