Your Timber Wolf Builds

11 replies to this topic

#1 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

So i have all 3 now.. and basically leveled all 3 with 2 LPL, 2ERML's and heat sinks..

gonna set up the C, with 2LPL's+3ERML's Laser vomit Fun! it works darn well, dare i say better, or more consistent than the TDR-5ss. Still wouldn't want to meet one in a dark ally. trick is to get him before he get's their i suppose :).

But my prime, and S i am just not sure.. I was playing around a ton with smurfy, and i just wanna mess around with a bunch of different play styles on um while i make some cash for some nova's

I really wanna try one with 3 machine guns just for the hella it.. maybe SRM's and ML's or pulse? A short ranged brawler..

I also thought about a 4 ERLL version as well.. even Dual ERPPC's but they seam awfully hot, but isn't that classic Timber? PPC's missiles and machine guns?

Perhaps some sorta UAC build? maybe a for fun LRM? I dunno.. so what have you found that works for you?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

this is my 3MG build,
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0a23a2e969fcfad
use the LRMs in the early stages, when the teams close your MPLs + MGs will make short work of any damaged components, while still being capable of killing fresh Mechs, provided you avoid firing MPLs with LRMs heat should not be a problem.

that is my second highest performing Mech build (only outperformed by a STD350, all energy, MAD)

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Timbewolf-S, 4 SRM6 Artemis, 4 small pulse lasers.
The only madcat I pilot, for a very aggressive playstyle, this is a beasty *******. You might want to trade a -S side torso for a -D, for less jumpjetsand more DHS (or whatever suits you).

(not my video, but a friend, with a very similar build)

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

2 ultra 10s and 2 ermls is a lotta fun.
4 Lrm 10s and 4 ermls is a nice rig too.

It really just depends on what you prefer.

Ive toyed with 3mgs + pulse lasers for a brawler face tanker style build. Never found one I really liked

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

Missiles
Auto Cannon
Gauss

~Leone

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:54 AM

Gonna start playing around with some of these.. almost got my last one to elite.. waiting till then, cause i must say.. 2 large pulse, and 2 ERML's the thing is a freaking beast and doesn't run hot even on terra or tourmline.. one of the strongest builds on any mech i have ever leveled!

Just a side note.. Streaks on a timber? Those are more for the light mechs right? I know clan streaks are different, but i have not seen um much on anything larger. I do use streaks limited on some heavy/assualt IS builds as light harassers/protection.. they are light enough, especially some with the extra space an IS mech has, but clan mechs seem really tight. So Yay or Nay on streaks on a timber..

Clan UAC's, AC's are not worth using right? at least that is what i have gathered.. If so, is the UAC5 the sweet spot? or are the 2's and 10's good too? I think the 20 either won't fit or is just to heavy for a timber right?,

#7 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

ERLLs go on the Hellbringer or Ebon Jag. Do not waste the TW's armour by hiding far away. MPLs go on mediums/lights because they require more speed.

UAC20+UAC5+3xERML with silly DPS, mostly for brawling (stolen from Phil/Sean Lang, upgraded to ERMLs)
2xERPPC+3xERML with 26 DHS, my favourite pepsi build
2xLPL+3xERML high sustained DPS laser vomit for CW - farm all match
4xASRM6+4xERML for brawling (SPLs make it suicidal in too many situations)
Gauss+2xERPPC sniper, not running out of ammo anymore thanks to based PGI

Edited by Modo44, 29 December 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#8 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

I like this one last days as a brawler:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1f59209a56cf87c

(1xUAC20+4xERML+TC)

Edited by Steve Pryde, 29 December 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#9 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 29 December 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just a side note.. Streaks on a timber? Those are more for the light mechs right?

Streaks are not for light mechs, they are for lights hunters. And imho, hunting light with a Timberwwolf is just a waste of tonnage. They are made to engage much larger targets.
=> SRM6s Artemis or die.

The problem with streaks is they spread the damage all over the target, you can't aim at a specific part. I've seen streakers fighting mechs with open CT and unable to take them down, even though they only needed one shot to be destroyed. That's pathetic.
Full disclosure, I'm a notorious streak-hater.

But hate aside, if you want a dedicated streaker, use a stormcrow. It runs at 110+kph and 5 SSRM6s literally evaporate a Locust in one alpha, and don't need more than two or three to kill any light.
But it's better to learn to aim with your SRMs. Smashing a light mech with an SRM volley is very rewarding, and easier than it looks once you have your mech right in hands.

Edited by epikt, 29 December 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#10 Angela Kerensky

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

TBR-A

I still go with the old one with 2 LPL and 4 ERML. Having a larger alpha is still good for those peek and shoot moments.

#11 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:51 PM

View Postepikt, on 29 December 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Streaks are not for light mechs, they are for lights hunters. And imho, hunting light with a Timberwwolf is just a waste of tonnage. They are made to engage much larger targets.

Yea.. that's sorta what i meant.. Lighter.. aka.. mediums.. or heavy lights? I could swear i have seen people use them on adders.. but they are 35 tons.. But that is besides the point.. You are just confirming what i thought so thanks..

To the other guys,, I did not know that UAC_20's were for timbers.. good stuff! btw, are 10's any good? or are they like IS side, where AC-10 works, but not really the best weapon.

and yea,, so far i have just been playing the laser styles,, Finally just hit master module on all 3, so gonna change up some builds.. Great stuff!

(edit, one last thing, you think a targeting computer is worth the weight for a laser boat? If so just the 1 toner? or is another better)

thanks a bunch guys, i knew ya wouldnt let me down.. I can't believe i'm gonna say this.. but wow,, clan mechs are fun! I've spent so much time trying to kill um for the last 2 years.. I didn't know how much fun they are to play Posted Image

Edited by CJ Daxion, 29 December 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#12 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostCJ Daxion, on 29 December 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

I could swear i have seen people use them on adders..

Indeed, 4 Streaks on an Adder.

Just to be clear, when I wrote "it's not for lights" I didn't meant lights can't use them. I just wanted to oppose an idea I sometime see (that it is convenient to use streaks on a light because it's hard to aim with SRMs at high speed ; which is wrong) and insist on the fact it's a niche/role weapon. Mostly used on medium mechs, but lights too.

one last thing, you think a targeting computer is worth the weight for a laser boat? If so just the 1 toner? or is another better

Definitely.
It increases your laser range and crit chances. Only use the TC1, it has a good bonus/tonnage ratio. The extra bonus of the heavier ones is usually not worth the tonnage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users