#1 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Is this true?

I stealthed my way behind enemy lines in my ECM Raven 3L. TAG'd and NARC everything sight... and as the barrages came down... i was getting very little for my efforts.

So its nerfed into the ground now.

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

Well, the tier 5 is where all the brand new players are placed. SO I think maybe a lot people who are new don't know to take advantage of that stuff

#3 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

Ravens have been nerfed, the rest of that stuff is more ignored than nerfed.

#4 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:41 AM

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

Ravens have been nerfed, the rest of that stuff is more ignored than nerfed.

How have Ravens been nerfed?

Edited by RevisSortek, 28 December 2015 - 12:41 AM.

#5 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:04 AM

Mine feel like garbage now, especially huggie the most expensive one of them....

#6 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostcSand, on 28 December 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Well, the tier 5 is where all the brand new players are placed. SO I think maybe a lot people who are new don't know to take advantage of that stuff

View PostMouseNo4, on 27 December 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

Is this true?

I stealthed my way behind enemy lines in my ECM Raven 3L. TAG'd and NARC everything sight... and as the barrages came down... i was getting very little for my efforts.

So its nerfed into the ground now.

#7 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

Mine feel like garbage now, especially huggie the most expensive one of them....

Mine feel fine, and the Huggin was brought in line with other mechs. If you wanna call that Nerfing i guess so but PGI does not do p2w, sorry if thats what you thought you were getting with that mech.

#8 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

Pgi give pgi take away....

A lot of people don't like that.

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:28 AM

In actual fact they do p2w on short lease options, then you get smacked down with the bat before taking out you're next winning lease option.....

#10 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

Pgi give pgi take away....

A lot of people don't like that.

Its called balancing...

I don't have enough hands to count the games that go through these growing pains, Its what happens when you release new stuff and then have to bring it in line with exisisting stuff. PGI makes NEW mechs and then does what they think (sometimes way off) is good for the mech to exist in the current meta, game, etc.

We break it, like normal, and find all the exploits and PGI then have to go back and change it again. Like i said many games go through this stuff, PGI and MWO are not unique in that aspect.

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

In actual fact they do p2w on short lease options, then you get smacked down with the bat before taking out you're next winning lease option.....

See above text, you pay for early access to mech, sometimes they are a little OP but how many mech has PGI released that was/were UNDER POWERED until it came out for Cbills? or even after? Like the Black Knight Mist Lynxs? Kit Fox? Some mechs STILL to this day are junk like the poor Treb and the Quickdraw. SOme due to size some due to balance or a lack there of in some places and classes. Are you also going to say something about all of those as well? Or does that not matter because you dont own them didnt pay for them and no one plays them?

and about how your Raven feels, Ravens since CB have went from AMAZING to mediocre to junk to AMAZING again (Huggin at least, was very OP) and now are about where they belong i think. That is the seesaw of balancing as new things enter your game.

Edited by RevisSortek, 28 December 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#11 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:37 AM

Well they feel like junk to me at the moment, I've only had a few weeks of periodic play to go through my mechs and find where they're at after returning.

The list is a long one to work through so initially im not spending too much time on each, my quick assessment was they are rubish now.

#12 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:44 AM

Also can i has my fixed nark port tube config back on my 3L ?

I hate the srm4 tubes i prefered that my srm4 and mL had synergy in duration and cool down when equipped that way, in close for back stabbing under ecm cover it was da bomb !

#13 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:45 AM

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

Well they feel like junk to me at the moment, I've only had a few weeks of periodic play to go through my mechs and find where they're at after returning.

The list is a long one to work through so initially im not spending too much time on each, my quick assessment was they are rubish now.

What we need is a buff to SRM's, the Huggin would be PERFECT if we could get PGI to budge on it while also buffing a lot of other mechs, even ones i mention like Trebs and short range missle mechs in general.

Edited by RevisSortek, 28 December 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#14 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

My only option for huggie is what i did when he first arrived and was considered sub par, strip all armour from ears remove ballistics equip 2xsrm6A and use a single jj.

It was never amazing like the srm4 quirk but was more heat neutral, it requires a lot more footwork though....

#15 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

You are aware they buffed SRMs a freaking lot, right? The Huginn would be an OP monster hadn't they tuned it down a bit. As to the OP, that "stealth scouting" happens at the beginning of a match, at least in tier 2 upwards, where no sane person takes LRMs to a mech fight.
If you want to reap all the benefits of an ECM scout, do some actual damage yourself on the way.

#16 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostRevisSortek, on 28 December 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

How have Ravens been nerfed?

Every mech got a mobility nerf, but many of the got that mobility back with quirks. Some of the Ravens didn't get any movement quirks, so they're essentially nerfed.

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

BAP needs to not counter ECM to help bring back stealth scouting too.

#18 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:15 AM

I have no idea how this devolved into Raven discussion... but this was about TAG and NARC and the pitiful rewards you get for holding TAG on a target, hitting another with NARC and NOT firing on either - rather allowing your team mates to rain hell down upon their heads.

#19 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostMouseNo4, on 28 December 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

I have no idea how this devolved into Raven discussion... but this was about TAG and NARC and the pitiful rewards you get for holding TAG on a target, hitting another with NARC and NOT firing on either - rather allowing your team mates to rain hell down upon their heads.

Probably my fault...

#20 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

View PostMouseNo4, on 28 December 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

C-Bills aside, I've contributed a ton with my Narc Raven, but not consistently. I swear, my team is nothing but LRM boats until I bring that mech, then there's a single LRM5 on an assault who can never get in to position. Maybe you just had a bad day of Narcing. I rarely check to see how much $ I make, or what makes it. I kind of hate this game now and don't care.... I spend 5 hours straight trying to get a flamer kill, and seeing if days on end of my 12 flamer Nova can drop me a tier. Lately it's seeing how long I can last with no armor.

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

Probably my fault...

Entirely OP's fault. He brought up ECM Ravens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users