Just Want To Say Thanks.

110 replies to this topic

#1 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

Thanks all you guys putting 12 man premade teams in CW during the event.

Thanks for stripping away any possible fun there might be in playing CW to achieve the points we need to do the event.

Its great that you guys are farming the crap out of mixed pub players and trial mechs.

Way to go, way to be *******.

#2 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

Lol

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

You're... Complaining about teamwork? I feel like we're starting to run out of things to complain about at this point.

#4 Dirt6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationgo **** yourself

Hey now,

My unit gives the Pugs at least 2 waves of straight up short range brawling action. SWOL purposely tries to make matches at a minimum of 48-24 so people get their points and we don't break anyone from wanting to continue with the game.

We feel bad if we just play meta peeky pokey with new players on trials all day and just make the score as lopsided as possible.

Edited by Greenduck, 28 December 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#5 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

Personally I think the CW events are lame. Not the teams.

#6 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Thanks all you guys putting 12 man premade teams in CW during the event.

Thanks for stripping away any possible fun there might be in playing CW to achieve the points we need to do the event.

Its great that you guys are farming the crap out of mixed pub players and trial mechs.

Way to go, way to be *******.

I guess you didnt read the memo PGI sends out when you enter that mode for the first time.

So let me get this straight...

Your upset about 12 mans groups in a mode made specifically for units and often even told by a lot of the game population that this is the ONLY place units should be and group drops should be for small groups and solo should be for solos.

So where are the 12 mans units ALLOWED to play where we wont upset all your feels?

Posted Image

#7 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

Ok to put this into perspective.

After doing CW games tonight just to have fun and get some reward points for the event.

Getting 10-12 premade teams over and over, and being stomped 48-8, 48-12, 48-3, ok..

Thats what I'm dealing with here, and Its infuriating, What is the point in directing a team that can't even get a single kill, and after the first wave blows right through them, gets spawn camped and seperated so we can't even form up.

Its one thing to have teamwork, but when its just farming and trolling new players like this, its just shameful.

I'm to the point where I just don't give a **** when I see a 12 man premade, because no matter how hard I carry or try to direct these players it doesn't mean anything, and its just a nubfest stomp regardless.

#8 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

Ok to put this into perspective.

After doing CW games tonight just to have fun and get some reward points for the event.

Getting 10-12 premade teams over and over, and being stomped 48-8, 48-12, 48-3, ok..

Thats what I'm dealing with here, and Its infuriating, What is the point in directing a team that can't even get a single kill, and after the first wave blows right through them, gets spawn camped and seperated so we can't even form up.

Its one thing to have teamwork, but when its just farming and trolling new players like this, its just shameful.

I'm to the point where I just don't give a **** when I see a 12 man premade, because no matter how hard I carry or try to direct these players it doesn't mean anything, and its just a nubfest stomp regardless.

The issues arises from your team, and i poked fun at ya but its just that. All in fun...

PGI needs to address the issue of no MM in CW, there needs to be some other kind of filter in place if the seals can get in the water with the sharks. It doesnt matter how many times you tell them NO, if they can go for a swim they will. Seals love the water.

#9 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

This is why there needs to be a hardlock hoop to jump through, NO cw if you dont have more than 1.5K games under your belt.

#10 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

Well I wouldn't worry that much. Pretty soon there will be no targets for IS to attack in clan space. But in the mean time if you queue D (i.e you will almost always get pitted against a full or partial team) just accept defeat as a foregone conclusion and gear accordingly*. Just farm the LPs and event cookies in the LZ. Once I hit r15 with CSJ, I probably hit up Liao or something for some good old ISIS action. Probably need to log more games in the Commando in public queue as well....getting far to close to that T1 loser status.....

*full long range kits like Nova (PPC configured), Warhawk (4xLPL and personal favorite), Summoner (LPL or ERLL configured also much fun) and something fast and annoying like a cheeto with small pulses as your final suicide (heat overload induced) mech.

Edited by Chagatay, 28 December 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#11 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

100 pts.

100 pts.

you are telling me you are not able to score 100 pts in a cw match,because of premades?
thats pathetic.

#12 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:30 AM

View Postkesmai, on 28 December 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

100 pts.

100 pts.

you are telling me you are not able to score 100 pts in a cw match,because of premades?
thats pathetic.

To be fair it can be quite the struggle in 48v8 type games (you find yourself with 8 or so "c" mechs). I certainly can see it happening.

#13 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

Ok to put this into perspective. After doing CW games tonight just to have fun and get some reward points for the event. Getting 10-12 premade teams over and over, and being stomped 48-8, 48-12, 48-3, ok.. Thats what I'm dealing with here, and Its infuriating, What is the point in directing a team that can't even get a single kill, and after the first wave blows right through them, gets spawn camped and seperated so we can't even form up. Its one thing to have teamwork, but when its just farming and trolling new players like this, its just shameful. I'm to the point where I just don't give a **** when I see a 12 man premade, because no matter how hard I carry or try to direct these players it doesn't mean anything, and its just a nubfest stomp regardless.

Ok, then we 12s should probably stop dropping at all, and who cares that CW were specifically made for premades...

Oh, wait! Something is wrong... CW is empty. Nobody is starting any attacks. Too bad.

I'm not telling that solo players should stop dropping either, but they should definitely heed the warning and at least get the fully customized drop deck without trials, before even considering it.

#14 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

Be careful mister d that th3 other tier 1s dont burn you as a heretic badmouthing their sealclubbing grounds 9f Thunderpdome.

#15 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:58 AM

Posted Image

#16 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 28 December 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

This is why there needs to be a hardlock hoop to jump through, NO cw if you dont have more than 1.5K games under your belt.

The guy is Tier 1, think he meets the minimum. You could have 10k drops and still lose to coordinated groups because solo player is solo.

Even so, putting an arbitrary lock on CW won't fix the situation. Fixing CW will fix the situation. Read some of the other posts for ideas on how to do this.

#17 DakoneAzura

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

its simple I think the best way to fix that is to limit trial mechs only to public matchmaking and only use bought mechs in CW so that way people who start playing can get some time learning the ropes before getting chewed up in CW 12 man teams, Of course this wont stop wallet warriors from just right out buying mechs for a line up, but at least they wont be using crap trial mechs and lets face it trial mechs suck as you can't change weapon numbers or anything else on them.

So I think thats all that can be done with this it may still not help with 12 man teams but it will keep people who are just starting out in a place for a while before they move into the cw ranks.

#18 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:16 AM

I was under the impression that CW was designed for premades.

#19 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:19 AM

Groups should be reserved for playing other groups, period.

If there are no opposing groups for the MM to play them against, I guess there isn't much that can be done and it would have to forward the game against random pubdrop players.

But honestly, I can't imagine it being any fun at all what they're doing.

Its just trolling, and farming as far as I'm concerned.

And whats worse, is crap like this, has to be a huge turnoff for new players.
Its not even a learning experience for new players, more likely than not it just drives them away from what is actually a pretty fun game mode alternative to Nascar Racing pugland.

Edited by Mister D, 28 December 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#20 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

I've found the team tonnage to really help in group queue. It's actually quite harsh on the 12 man teams (vs 10+2 say), as each sub group on the opposing side gets some extra tonnes to spend on top of the 50T/mech base.

It'd be great if CW could somehow make use of this mechanic, unfortunately that'd be hard to achieve as it'd play havoc with drop decks; we can't be expected to update them on the fly.

Maybe if we had 3 save-able levels of drop deck (low limit for big groups, high limit for solos & pairs, something in between for 3-6 players), this would be possible. Though I admit, it's not elegant and requires larger personal mech collections in order to tune 3 good decks.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users