#1 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:14 AM

I was working on mastering a mech. I bought (2) champion catapults... but found I could not count them as two... re-read "3 different chassis".

ok - I sold one that had no experience points. (the other two I have had almost all basics purchased. After selling the one I never used and re buying a chassis I didn't have (to have 3)
All my basic experience purchases are gone = (

Appears I lost them somehow in the sale. = ( Is this normal?

#2 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

I then tried to get the items back and exchanges all my EP to GXP - I paid the conversion and still can't buy those basic upgrades back? What is the difference between XP and GXP? which purchases upgrades. Back to step one of mastering = (

#3 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:29 AM

You don't lose experience points for the chassis variant when you sell it. You have to pay them with XP (or GXP) for each variant.
When you have done this for three variants, you don't have to own all of them, Trial Mechs count and you don't loose Skills when selling them, the Elite skills will be unlocked and can be obtained by you, for XP (or GXP), for each variant of the chassis.
This not only give you other upgrades (FastFire, SpeedTweak) but also doubles your Basic skills.
The Master then gives you an extra handy additional mech/weapon modul slot.

Greetings

el piro

#4 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:30 AM

Screenshot please.

When you sell a mech, your XP should not be gone. Actually, your XP should never be gone. But if you don't own the mech, you can't unlock perks.

Also, because XP and unlocked perks are link to variants, not one specific mech, all mech you have of the same variant share the same XP and perk (so there is no way one of your Catapult-A had XP and the other not). In facct in the mech tree they appear as one variant, even if you have multiples.

PS : I would not recommend converting XP to GXP. It cost money, it's useless.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

If your new contact support... They can help you.. If you paid real money for champions, and didn't realize they should refund your MC as a one time screw up thing...

@Elikt, converting to GXP is fine.. use it to unlock modules if you wan't.. I've done it many times.. though typically when there is a nice boost and a sale.. Just don't use it to unlock mech XP.. not worth it unless you be rich!

#6 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 28 December 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

converting to GXP is fine.. use it to unlock modules if you wan't..

Meh... the limiting factor with modules is certainly not the GXP cost to unlock, but the millions cbills required to buy them.

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

To the OP, I'm not sure I understand what happened because I've never heard of this problem before. In order to level up the Catapults you need to have 3 variants on the Catapult chassis. For example, Catapult A-1, C-4, and K2. Once you have those you can use your mech skills earned from combat to level each up. Once you have all of the basics for all 3 you may begin to work on the elite skills. If you sell one at any point you do not lose any of the skills, you only lose the ability to use the skills on the mech you sold. If you buy 3 A-1s, you will only be able to gain skills at the current level because it takes three variants to level up a mech. But any skills that you earn on one are shared between all of the A-1s in your stable. Also, if you sell a mech that has some points earned or levels achieved and then re-buy it, all of those skills and points are still there.

Note that there is a difference between mech skills and pilot skills, and we are talking about mech skills here.

Edited by mailin, 28 December 2015 - 07:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users