Losing Side Torso On Std Engine Also Slows You Down?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

I think that's not supposed to happen, but it did my last game. My Blackjack with STD engine was slowed to the point where I was no longer going faster than King Crab walking BACKWARD.

Please let me know if this in fact is not supposed to happen, so I can move to report this at a proper channel.

Edited by Xoco, 28 December 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostXoco, on 28 December 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I think that's not supposed to happen, but it did my last game. My Blackjack with STD engine was slowed to the point where I was no longer going faster than King Crab walking BACKWARD.

Please let me know if this in fact is not supposed to happen, so I can move to report this at a proper channel.

Shouldn't happen.

How long was it for? You do have that STUPID stunlock mechanic when you get legged... but shouldn't happen when you lose an ST.....

#3 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 December 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Shouldn't happen.

How long was it for? You do have that STUPID stunlock mechanic when you get legged... but shouldn't happen when you lose an ST.....

Something like the last 5 minutes of a single game. It was down to me and a King Crab duking it out, so it was quite noticeable that he could somehow back up faster than I can chase him down.

Edited by Xoco, 28 December 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostXoco, on 28 December 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Something like the last 5 minutes of a single game. It was down to me and a King Crab duking it out, so it was quite noticeable that he could somehow back up faster than I can chase him down.

You were legged? Because those 20% wouldn't give you such a huge penalty. Legging does.

#5 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

That stun lock mechanic when you're legged actually got removed entirely a couple months ago.
Possible you were stuck on another mech or terrain? Video or it didn't happen :P

#6 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 28 December 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

That stun lock mechanic when you're legged actually got removed entirely a couple months ago.
Possible you were stuck on another mech or terrain? Video or it didn't happen Posted Image

Thank god it was removed. But losing a leg will still slow you down.

#7 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

I'm thinking you lost a leg and didn't realize it.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 28 December 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Possible you were stuck on another mech or terrain? Video or it didn't happen Posted Image

I remember giving Russ an earful about it on twitter a few months back, and he did agree it was dumb... didn't realize it was gone... but it's probably been that long since I was last legged, too. Posted Image

#9 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

You were probably legged. I just tested this in the testing grounds and a blown ST had no effect on top speed with an IS mech and standard engine.

#10 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 December 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

I remember giving Russ an earful about it on twitter a few months back, and he did agree it was dumb... didn't realize it was gone... but it's probably been that long since I was last legged, too. Posted Image

I can't remember the last time I got legged... Usually lose my CT or ST's before my legs are gone....

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 28 December 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

I can't remember the last time I got legged... Usually lose my CT or ST's before my legs are gone....

well, it was early september last time I ran Light Mechs.... and coincidentally, the last time I recall being legged.

#12 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 December 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

well, it was early september last time I ran Light Mechs.... and coincidentally, the last time I recall being legged.

Even my Locusts get ST'ed down before being legged....

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 December 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

There's still the initial slowdown, but no repeating 5 second long locks after 0.01 damage taken.

#14 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:33 AM

Nope, wasn't legged. Guess it's a one time bug thing. Hasn't had that problem since. Guess I should be happy that it doesn't happen again.

#15 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

Still, report it. PLEASE, I mean. Sorry. Not trying to be bossy...

#16 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

I personally think there is something going on hinky with the servers.. i usually run fast mechs but notice at times that mechs that should be slower than me often times stay in pace with me or routinely clip in front of me . (My favorite example: is a fast dragon 106 kph vs a timber wolf 87 kph yet some how the timber keeps pace with the dragon or actually out paces it at certain times. ) also there are times when in brawls or even when maneuvering in battle taking shots from mechs will also slow you down it feels like your being dragged back wards.

so in my experience i think what may have happened was that you was engaged in a battle with a high ping player or was being shot by a high ping player the resulting shots were actually dragging you down in speed . allowing the opposing player to out maneuver you.

there was thread earlier this month posting about speed issues it was largely dismissed , but i believe it may be coming more of a common occurrence lately.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users