- - - - -

Timer Leaving Match

4 replies to this topic

#1 QuickShadow

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

this is for the game creator or game developer please remove timer because of leaving the match because I'm not leaving the match we have just low reception kindly remove that pleasePosted Image

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

This part of the forum is only for new player help. PGI (the ones behind MWO) aren't responding to things in here.
If you want to give them feedback you can leave it in the proper section:
http://mwomercs.com/...-feedback-1447/

And the penalty has it's purpose. It (should) lower the amount of players disconnecting on purpose, without it, you would see many disconnecters more, which would make the fights less balanced and fun.

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

Yeah. Happened to me the other day. Game client froze up while looking for a match. I had to restart the computer (EVERYTHING was non-responsive). By the time I got back in, that match had ended. Next drop, had to wait 10 seconds or something before it would launch me into matchmaker. Doesn't really hurt anything if it's just once in a while. If your internet connection is bad enough that you regularly disconnect a few times in a single evening of trying to play, then I feel for you. The timer isn't there for you, but there's really no way for PGI to know if you had a legitimate network problem or it was just you pulling the plug on your router..

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

once I had the few times in a single evening,
I could not connect to matches on the EU server (I tested the following morning and figured it out, it was fixed by that evening) I was dropping with my Lance, and every other match I just could not connect, it would get to the vote screen then I would crash to Mechlab and be unable to join the match (note not rejoin as I never even reached the map loading screen),I tried restarting my PC and Router to no avail.
the Lance were patient, even commenting that it saying "you have to wait because Rogue Jedi disconnected from an earlier match" was naming and shaming, thus PGI were violating there own Code of Conduct and should be moderated, but by the time the penalty reached 10 minutes I could not ask them to wait that long so I dropped out.

#5 Veerwing

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:35 AM

QuickShadow,

We had a wind storm that knocked out the internet for a while and when I finally got back in game, I had a timer on doing a Clan War. I see the value of it, to prevent people from "force" disconnecting. In any case, welcome aboard to Jade Cry, we're glad to have you in the guild.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users