Some Units Really Need To Learn To Use Teamwork

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

I frequently see some units refuse to use any semblance of teamwork outside their own groups. Some examples :

-Refusing to communicate with the rest of the team in any way
-Running off by themselves in their own group without talking to the team
-Hiding very far away from the battle until most of their team is dead/disabled
-Refusing to move to assist teammates even if they are pretty close by
-Sitting next to teammates who are shooting turrets for 10+ seconds, not shooting, and just waiting to time their kill shot because they want the turret kill reward
>not shooting UAVs, even when they are called out in teamchat

Teamwork means working with the entire team and not just the people in your own group. I frequently see pug teams in the solo queue have better teamwork than this. If i see certain unit tags or players on my team, i have to switch to a very cautious playstyle because i cannot count on them to do anything other than hide very far away and not communicate with the rest of the team.

>guys we need help on the left
>look at map
>nobody is moving
>no response at all
>guys? hello?
>no response, no movement
>whole enemy team walks through the chokepoint, runs over the three guys trying to defend it
>rest of team doesnt lift a finger because they are hiding behind omega or the gate without doing anything

This is the kind of stupidity i expect to see from tier 4/5 players in the solo queue, not units which are supposed to have above average teamwork skills. I have also seen IS units hide outside the gate and wait till the rest of the team has died during a push before they start moving. What is the point of this? It is not helping the team to win in any way.

Off the top of my head, the only units which i have seen regularly communicate with the rest of the team were kcom. gb-e and bsk. Most don't try or don't respond at all.

Some examples :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jun Watarase, 29 December 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

Rule #1 about calling out UAVs - when you don't mention where it is, people don't know where to look.

Besides, these are common things that occur in the solo queue... so why are you expecting much?

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 December 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Besides, these are common things that occur in the solo queue... so why are you expecting much?

I think he's talking about CW and I couldn't agree with him more. At the end of the day though, in a PUG, people are going to play the way they want to play. PUGLIFE.

#4 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 29 December 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

I think he's talking about CW and I couldn't agree with him more. At the end of the day though, in a PUG, people are going to play the way they want to play. PUGLIFE.

I'm referring to units in CW refusing to use any teamwork outside of their own group. I dont know why there would be any confusion over this, especially when i posted screenshots of CW maps...

Stuff like a 4 man running off by themselves to open another gate while refusing to respond to the rest of the team should never happen. This is what tier 4/5 solo players are expected to do in the solo queue.

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 29 December 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

I'm referring to units in CW refusing to use any teamwork outside of their own group. I dont know why there would be any confusion over this, especially when i posted screenshots of CW maps...

Stuff like a 4 man running off by themselves to open another gate while refusing to respond to the rest of the team should never happen. This is what tier 4/5 solo players are expected to do in the solo queue.

Maybe because this isnt the CW section...

Maybe also because this is the exact reason most of us use our own TS, so we dont have to deal with people we dont want to.

#6 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

Dont take this the wrong way but...

1- Such is the Pug life. Even in CW, and even if you see a group of people from the same Unit, its still a Pug.

2- Shouldnt this be over in the CW forums?

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 29 December 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Soloing in CW is not good for newbies. There's lots of stuff "required" that many players are not willing to admit is needed... other than being beaten on the head because their dropdecks are bad.

Besides, it's hard to use team chat in CW (communicating more complicated things are unlikely).. especially considering language barriers @ certain times.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 December 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#8 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 29 December 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Dont take this the wrong way but...

1- Such is the Pug life. Even in CW, and even if you see a group of people from the same Unit, its still a Pug.

2- Shouldnt this be over in the CW forums?

So...you are saying that some units dont know how to use teamwork in pug teams? I dont understand why some units have no problem working together in a pug team and some cant or wont.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 29 December 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 29 December 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

So...you are saying that some units dont know how to use teamwork in pug teams? I dont understand why some units have no problem working together in a pug team and some cant or wont.

Personal Preference...

I think you need to let it go, you are trying to find out why humans do something...Good luck. Because most the time the answer makes less sense then the question.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

i usually dont call out uavs, i usually just shoot them. sometimes im in a mech that cant aim up or simply doesnt have the range. then i have to get somone else to do it.

of course when someone calls uav without coordinates just assume its overhead and take a look up. if the uav is far away from the team and cant see you and probibly wont before it dies on its own, there really is no reason to shoot it down except for the points.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 December 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#11 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 December 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

i usually dont call out uavs, i usually just shoot them. sometimes im in a mech that cant aim up or simply doesnt have the range. then i have to get somone else to do it.

of course when someone calls uav without coordinates just assume its overhead and take a look up. if the uav is far away from the team and cant see you and probibly wont before it dies on its own, there really is no reason to shoot it down except for the points.

Location is important though... because obstructed views through buildings/terrain affect some more than others based on their position.

#12 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 29 December 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Maybe they really dont know how to use teamwork.. Maybe they dont care about teamwork.. maybe they are just trolling because they think it is funny... maybe they just dont speak english...

There could any number of reasons, but such is the chance you take when you Pug. You never know what or who you are going to get and you may never know why they do the things they do.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users