Faction Queues?

5 replies to this topic

#1 snow0815

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

Earlier faction had had a nice flow without much wait but ATM nothing seems to move as the faction job queues I see are either empty or stacked on my faction side with endless wait times. Is there any trick to speeding this up? Tried faction chat but sadly that wasn't very helpful...

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

View Postsnow0815, on 30 December 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Earlier faction had had a nice flow without much wait but ATM nothing seems to move as the faction job queues I see are either empty or stacked on my faction side with endless wait times. Is there any trick to speeding this up? Tried faction chat but sadly that wasn't very helpful...

It's a matter of prime times.
If it helps, pay attention to the Community Warfare threads, or post messages in the "Faction" chat about where you want to attack. If a fight is mentioned, that's when the community starts moving.

Sometimes you'll find posts like...

Good news! House Liao has hired a great deal many more mercenaries to defend and assault the Davion border! With their continued assistance, we will continue to drive back the unwelcome advances of Hanse Davion's progeny.

As you may have noticed, many of the newly hired units are extremely enthusiastic. When the Federated Commonwealth fails to offer adequate resistance, these mercenaries may find their way to the House Marik world designated for joint Free Worlds League Military and Capellan Confederation Armed Forces joint exercises. Should you choose to engage them in spirited competition, I'm certain the practice will be beneficial to both sides.

Should the Chancellor's new employees accidentally break something in the process, such as the local Free World's League planetary government, please let us know! We can always discuss arrangements for suitable compensation later, should it become an issue.

Meanwhile, I encourage everyone to stay focused on the important things in life: shooting Davions and getting paid!

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Happy Fedrat hunting!

Which in this specific case informs Mariks that the Liaos aren't getting the fights they want with Davions and so despite the Liao-Marik alliance, Liao players are lining up on Marik planets to attack because they want to blow some stuff up, and that Mariks should oblige them without being offended or believing the alliance is broken.

You'll find lots of good reads there, and are welcome to post some of your own. Good reads get good responses and help get people riling up to battle.

If you're aware of any Davion-faction teamspeaks, I suggest you get on them. You'll get fights moving a lot faster. It's also a great way to get involved with the community. Not sure how late it is, but welcome to MWO.
-------------------
If you'd like in a short bit I can get on and try to instigate an attack on Davion territory by Liao so you can have some Faction Warfare experience. Instigating attacks is a lot of fun.

Edited by Koniving, 30 December 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Alternatively, take a look at the numbers in the planets list.

Red numbers are attackers, Blue numbers are defenders. You want "almost" multiples of 12s on both sides for quick starting matches

#4 snow0815

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the replies! Some more related questions: do you lose faction with anyone for doing a faction job? And I read somewhere that faction will drop over time if you don't do any more missions for that particular house? And is there any faction that should be avoided for soem reason?

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

You only lose faction rank with a faction for killing mechs of that faction. at fifteen points a kill, it shouldn't make much of a difference. As for avoiding factions, at worst, a faction might be rather sparsely poplated so you;ll only be able to defend, but you can always defend other factions planets.

Me, I say grab rank two and get your free mechbay from every faction, and then take a longer contract with the one you had the most fun with.

~Leone.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

Good question:

You do not lose faction points for doing a faction job, and you do not seem to lose faction points for one faction when serving another faction. I'm not certain if it's currently possible to lose faction points at all so someone else might be able to answer.

All factions are fairly equal. The only thing to note is this: Clans "Jade Falcon, Wolf, Smoke Jaguar, and Ghost Bear" are Clan factions and as such can only use "Clan" mechs. Houses "Liao, Marik, Steiner, Davion, Kurita, Rassalhague" are Inner Sphere and thus can only use "IS" mechs.
There are no distinctions between factions beyond this. Talk years ago was to have faction-specific mechs be playable...then it was faction specific mechs be 'easier to afford' while in a faction. Now... it doesn't matter. But this may change in the future.

One tiny thing to note: House Kurita refers to House Davion as "clan Davion." This does not make Davion a Clan, just 'clan' as in the feudal Japanese name for a group or tribe loyal to a family name. Liao and Marik refers to Davion as "Fedrats."

Edited by Koniving, 30 December 2015 - 04:04 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users