Aggression On House Marik Must Stop.

110 replies to this topic

#21 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

The Word of Lowtax still upholds the NAP with Marik Pink Birds.

#22 RavWielki

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

I dont remember how many times i wrote on Faction chat to not attack Marik planets and, ...... pugs still attacked. Few planet isnt an issue, broken alliance is. Just defend this planets more effectively and remember unitTAG if whole 12man unit attack your planet.

#23 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostRamsess, on 02 January 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

The second problem is that it would be nice if they'd get bored... but it seems that even after a couple of planets (les halles and zion and phact) of mostly ghost drops i dont think they will get bored.

I actually don't really care what LIAO is doing in their free time. But I do care about my time. And if I have to make a choice between beating up Davion Pugs or getting beaten by TCAF and AS I know what I where I will go.
Easy as that.

#24 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostSthtopokeon, on 02 January 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

I actually don't really care what LIAO is doing in their free time. But I do care about my time. And if I have to make a choice between beating up Davion Pugs or getting beaten by TCAF and AS I know what I where I will go.
Easy as that.

We're looking to fight the units, not solo or mixed drops. But on both the Davion and Marik boarders we have run into no premades until tonight, we had the joy of facing off against a HHoD 12 man for 3 games.

For everyone else saying we're here just to mess things up and break NAP's for fun, that isn't quite true. We are a comp unit and with all the comp leagues in shutdown atm we need something to do, i for 1 am totally bored with the pub/group queue. we were offered and paid to fight for Liao, more to the point, to fight Davion, so we did, night after night win after win, but when you hit 100% wins on a planet you need to look else where for a fight. So we started dropping on the Marik boarder and also defending Steiner space from the clans looking for units to fight, a few Mariks got really twisted about this (see all the threads) and started running their mouths and told us to stop or else "pay for our actions".
So guess what happened after running a Dav planet to 100% wins we started to drop on the Marik boarder all the time looking for a good fight of the people who said we'd "pay for our actions" as it's starting to look like these people don't speak for Marik or even a unit, we have gone without a real fight.

win or lose, we're really here for a good time and a lot of mechs being blown up, the Dav's seem not to be able to give us that as when we have faced HHoD in 6-9 groups in the last few nights, their tactics were to spawn camp DC players and run away from us in lights for 20 minutes, which is in my mind breaking the terms of play. (they still lost btw)

I only speak for myself here, not my unit and not for Liao
Just remember that in Phase 3 only loyalists get to choice attack lanes, so Mercs like us will not be able to be to upset the balance of 2 factions, people who say that these attacks will carry on in to phase 3 are wrong, we get called kinds of names in Faction chat my the loyalists for breaking the NAP in looking for a good fight, the reason you've lost so many planets is because we were looking for the people in these threads saying they would beat us ("make us pay"),

So maybe the real lesson here is not to threaten a unit looking for a damn good hard fight with a fight.

Edited by Zerex, 02 January 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#25 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

Snap

#26 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostSandpit, on 02 January 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

then you guys won't be upset or mind if we take our planets back?

I very much doubt any Liao loyalist is going to shed a tear, if House Marik feels the need to re-establish its flag on worlds where mercenaries have gotten out of line.

The Capellan Confederation may defend our claim to Elnath and Phact, based on previously existing 3025 borders, but we are not going to devote valuable resources to quibbling over this border dispute, when we can dedicate our forces to freeing worlds from House Davion.

In my opinion, if you are successful in pressing your claim, reprisals from House Liao are unlikely.

Edited by GI Journalist, 02 January 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#27 A Bag Full of Puppies

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hang on, I need to go get moar popcorn... no more witty comebacks until I get settled in... this is way more entertaining than real cw!

#28 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

View PostA Bag Full of Puppies, on 02 January 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Hang on, I need to go get moar popcorn... no more witty comebacks until I get settled in... this is way more entertaining than real cw!

Posted Image

#29 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Ironically this is exactly what happened 1st Phase CW. Marik mercs were aggressive to the Chancellor and her cat, took a few of our planets (1 of 4TCRs too) and then... "take it back" was stated.

Taking it back is a materials and time sink. Focus on the bigger prizes. If you are worried about the cows grazing on the planets let us know. We'll take care of them.

Within the realm of CW, they mean nothing.

As a Confederation loyalist, I say thank you, they will help broaden our northerly push into Dav space. Aside from that I say Pax and be more concerned about Dav Rats, Steiner Dogs and Clan scum.

Cheers!

And enjoy a Tsingtao beer on me and an ice cream and 4x6 of the sweet sweet Chancellor for your cockpit!

Love her! Need her!! DON'T QUIT HER!!!

Posted Image

#30 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

I have used this before and I will use it again.

Posted Image

#31 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

#32 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

If there is an organized attack, I'm sure Loyalist will show up to defend.

#33 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

Liao will work together no matter the challenge, it is known.

#34 InvisibleJim

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

House Liao is short on turkeys following the Christmas binge. Expect more purple chickens to be harvested to replenish poultry stocks.

#35 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostZerex, on 02 January 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

So guess what happened after running a Dav planet to 100% wins we started to drop on the Marik boarder all the time looking for a good fight of the people who said we'd "pay for our actions" as it's starting to look like these people don't speak for Marik or even a unit, we have gone without a real fight.

Oh come on, you "needed something to do" - that means you can't help but break the NAP and drop against ghosts and lonewolf PUGs at the Marik border?
I mean it's not as if there is nothing to do against the clan worlds all the time. The planets with the most activity going on are almost always on the clan border, just look at your defense offers. But no, you are forced to take on a 0/0 Marik planet to have ghost drops until enough PUGs have lured into the slaughterhouse by the "reinforcement needed"-alert on their home screen.
Out of curiosity I solo dropped a few and all the games have always been Liao merc premades against PUGs with never more than one lone unit lance.
Also don't twist history here. Certain figures attacked Marik planets for a provocation explicitly against Marik units and brought in provocative-aggressive language against us and other units in the forum and explicitly picking on planets with Marik unit-tags to stir trouble, even after Liao loyalists have called you to focus on your Davion advances or, in case of boredom, pick on clans instead of Marik. Questions in the forum here appreared just after you messed with the Marik-Davion front and picking on planets that have just been conquered from Davion by Marik.
Yes, one gets too many ghosts or PUGs at Davion as well. That's just a flaw of this game with it's low player base. Especially after Steam release you got plenty of bloody newbs who hardly knew how to steer a stock-mech, let alone use their weapons and do some teamwork. Part of the reason might be, that they didn't care to read into Fraction Play and just dropped with the first fraction appearing on screen which is always Davion.
However on the other hand we had a few good matches there with Davion premades such as 13HR or just recently MERC who gave some good fights and been sportsmanlike at wins or loses. I would wish Davion could bring more groups like these units to make the game more fun and sportive as it should be, since the merciless clubbilg of stranded seal babies gets dull quickly after a few runs.

Edited by Jherek C, 03 January 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#36 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:51 AM

comp team going ez-mode on IS....
if u would be comp you would have stayed clan. there you have real competition at the moment.
what you do is mainly stomping units that are not as good as yours and everyone knows it.
there is no comp in that.

#37 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostAlienized, on 03 January 2016 - 04:51 AM, said:

comp team going ez-mode on IS....
if u would be comp you would have stayed clan. there you have real competition at the moment.
what you do is mainly stomping units that are not as good as yours and everyone knows it.
there is no comp in that.

We were given cbills to play Liao, therefore we are playing Liao

#38 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

View PostNextGame, on 03 January 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

We were given cbills to play Liao, therefore we are playing Liao

we also had a offer to go clans.
we denied.
we are and always will be pure IS.
looks like that doesnt exist on clan side.
someone should do a start? why not you?

#39 A Bag Full of Puppies

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:20 AM

Drama intensifies.

Popcorn shortage to follow.

#40 InvisibleJim

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:20 AM

With the rate of salt production from the purple poultry, I'm wondering how long it will be until they are offering to pay us, and our benefactor, compensation to ensure their border security? I'm sure it would be more cost efficient than throwing salt at the forums.

Posted Image

Edited by InvisibleJim, 03 January 2016 - 05:26 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users