A Prayer You Might Need

6 replies to this topic

#1 XTerranite

• Pip
  • The Grizzly
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:46 AM

Dear God, help me to not buy any more exprerimental weapons for my first mech. Help me to save cbills for my second mech. Help me to avoid purchasing new modules, new armor upgrades, double heat sinks, back again to STD heat sinks, from realizing I really needed double heat sinks after all, from just wanting to see what happens when my CTF-3D has no jump jets, and from being curious about what I can do with STD engines. Above all Lord help me to resist buying other types of mechs before buying more Cataphracts and repeating all of the above mistakes again.

(insert diety of choice^)
(insert mech of choice^)

#2 Death By Pancakes

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

research research research. Early on the grind is real so do yourself a favor and track down some of the best mech loadouts and use them at first until you get a good handle on everything.

#3 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Op and any new players... There are literally dozens of new player help vids on utube.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

1, Every mech needs double heat sinks.. New players should not even consider the couple builds that don't use them as they are so nitch only crazy lore vets would use um.

2, Your cataphract needs a STD engine.. XL's in a cataphract is pure doom, outside of the 4x which uses qaud AC5's which takes a XL-255. In my book that is the one exception, purely for the range of the AC-5 and pure dakka

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1b8f283e5f5fcfb Typical AC-5 build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...05b14ab01e5a2ac
Bralwer build with pulse lasers.. Short ranged mech

Build i like to run, and not bad for newer players as it does decent damage at range.. But when you move into under 300m it hits hard.. Not as hard as the pure brawler, but you are not useless for early parts of the match..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...17e24c3e2ac15b9

Edited by JC Daxion, 31 December 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

Crazy Lore Vet here. Should you plan on running dual gauss, or single gauss on a light mech, you do not need to double heat sink the mech. Ac5 reliant builds can also get away with this, but I do feel the difference, even if I can manage it.

~Leone.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

I know your god, and its name is SMURFY. It is a wise and powerful god, indeed...

#7 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 31 December 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

1, Every mech needs double heat sinks.. New players should not even consider the couple builds that don't use them as they are so nitch only crazy lore vets would use um.

Commandos don't need DHS if they dont have energy, 2srm6 and 10 SHS and you get >1.5 heat efficiency

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users