Who here plays DayZ?

24 replies to this topic

#1 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

I've been playing about 5 days a week now, this game is AWESOME if you have a steady group you can play with.

A guy I play with and myself went on a journey to Berezino yesterday and encountered 3 crashed helicopters, 2 unlooted. We picked up a Barret, an AS50, and a DMR. That Barret's LOUUUUUUDDD, but awesome.

Anyone else here having a blast with this game/mod?

#2 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

yes, been playing for 2 weeks now. the (alpha) game is laggy, , buggy, unfinished, unfair, frustrating and frightening.
and it´s simply one of the most immersive, addicive and fun games i´ve played in a long time. honestly - there are rare moments in this game that let my heartbeat skyrocket.

on a side note : lost half of my gear 3 days ago when i noticed my ghillie suit was gone - so i wanted to change to a camo clothing i picked up for a friend and woosh ! all my items were gone. so be careful with changing you clothes with 1.7.2

and trust noone :D

best regards

Edited by xti, 12 July 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#3 Alcatraz968

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationBehind You!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Been playing for a month. Love it.

But unless your on teamspeak with me, I shot on site. :D

#4 NWHHarrier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

I play it and also love it. my only gripe with the game isn't even the quirks or bugs, it's just that everyone you meet is automatically out to get you, whether you're armed or not. the day that there's some incentive to work together as strangers, even if it's just a tiny incentive, will be a happy day for me.

#5 Arfer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationMianus, CT

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

"I don't listen to rap music."

#6 ENDMYSUFFERING

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 180 posts
  • LocationKentucky

If I had $30 I'd do a youtube series on it, but for now I'm stuck playing Terraria. -sad faic-.

#7 Hyzoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCohoes, NY

I have been playing Arma from the begining and even though I am not a big fan of zombie games, I do admit this mod is very fun, although I still prefer the vanilla game.

#8 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Haven't played as i'm waiting for ArmA to go on sale before i pay money for a free mod. Also wish I could pay the DayZ team not ArmA peeps. I have been watching a ton of 20-30min clips of people playing though. Game looks amazing and I dont really even like zombies.

Kind of on the fence of buying it just because ive heard they want to make a standalone game and or move it to ArmA 3..which means i bought ArmA 2 for no reason.

#9 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

I've been playing on Delta 001, a password, non-Hive save server. Everything is stored locally. No PvP.
Got about 2300 kills, lots of nice equipment, a glitch saw me falling off a roof and into a swarm of 20 zombies. Dead in seconds. Lost my rightful place as first ranker.
Now up to second rank, about 1300-1400 kills, first ranker is the admin I out-shone previously. He has about 3200 kills at least, probably more by now.
I haven't been playing it much. My team-mate and I set up a nice little camp with some nice loot, his car, and my bike. Every so often, I ride on down to Ontabi Fort, a fortified position we created at Stary Sobor for anyone who needs shelter or weaponry. Equip one of my big guns, generally my M14 AIM, and just pick off a few hundred zombies. There are never enough for me to kill.
Got all my stuff back from my 2k death, since a friendly chopper pilot carried me over to my corpse party. Now have NVGs as well, so I can kill at any time of day.

#10 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

I played DayZ for a while, and then my location data got corrupted and I am stuck in the middle of nowhere now :D

#11 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I specifically bought Arma II just for DayZ. In fact, my last character lived upwards of 10+ hours. Sadly his life was cut short by my friends unfamiliarity with the game (he accidentally put an axe in my neck from behind). Luckily he saved all my gear I had accumulated. Another sad note was my next character was wiped for some reason due to a multiple character bug and I lost my gear and brand new never used AKS-74 with red dot sight. I wound up on my other character in a warehouse with no weapons or items... sad face :/

#12 Deathrat

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationmn

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

been on pending for 3 weeks. Can't wait to play. Have been a fan of this game sent 1984-85

#13 NWHHarrier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Anyone here have any fun experiences with randoms in game? I only have one other buddy that plays and our off-time rarely syncs up. If you see MICK, at least say hello before you blow my head off lol.

#14 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostxChaoSx, on 12 July 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Haven't played as i'm waiting for ArmA to go on sale before i pay money for a free mod. Also wish I could pay the DayZ team not ArmA peeps. I have been watching a ton of 20-30min clips of people playing though. Game looks amazing and I dont really even like zombies. Kind of on the fence of buying it just because ive heard they want to make a standalone game and or move it to ArmA 3..which means i bought ArmA 2 for no reason.

the DayZ team actually works for the ArmA team from what I recall...

#15 Endust

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

play with around 5 others, great game

#16 Scrooloos

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMariposa, CA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Been playing for over week now. I play with a RL friend from FoE guild and their teams. Last night the team I was in (5 people) farmed Stary Sobor for about 3 hours and managed to load up our Land Rover, the Blue Deuce, a white pickup truck, and a seperate team (at least 6 there) found 2 busses at a seperate location and tossed some gear in. Which is great since we just moved servers due to a bad admin in our last guild server. Everyone has Coyote 24 slot backpacks and a good weaponry balance.

I finally managed to upgrade my AKM to a M16A2 that found Stanag Sd rounds for so It's a bit quieter. Also found some Camo clothes on a downed chopper. Our snipers have Ghillies and most of the teams have some kind of silenced weapon.

We did sadly have a player die to friendly fire last night, one of our guys without NVG's mistook a friendly for zombie and killed him with his Bizon :D But we managed to save all his gear and get him a pick-up at the spawn point. He did have almost 400 kills tho so that got reset.

DayZ has to be one of the best game mods out there, on par with old school WC3 DoTA in that respect. I play almost daily and luckily have a great guild to play with, it's a serious challenge and can be pretty frustrating to play solo. We usually have at least 12 members online at any one time, it's great.

For those looking to get started; find friends to play with and use VoIp of some kind, and kill anyone who doesn't announce themselves. Trust no one.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Scrooloos, 12 July 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#17 TheHeater

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I just started playing DayZ yesterday, it's got a lot of technical issues still, but overall it's very challenging/fun and I hope it continues to increase in popularity.

So far my basic strategy is:
1) Run as fast as you can away from zombies/toward villages until you find a melee weapon
2) Get to a hospital and gather medical supplies
3) Get out of populated areas and find a gun
4) Continue to survive by trusting no one

#18 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have everything downloaded but haven't played yet.. going to play on the NGNG server though

my steam name is [SW]^1Bloodshed ^4Romance if anyone wants to add me and possibly play sometime..

#19 CNRain

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

I play that sometimes too. It gets kind of tedious when you die after spending 1-2 hours looking for buddies. My steam is CNRain. Also got a few buddies who would play if they had more backup. Join our teamspeak any time - ts40.gamespeak.com:9150

#20 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thought I'd revive this because a group would be nice. Also, little story. :)

--------

I had accidently found a server with sidechat in it, even though I thought that it was erased completely. Of course, I make the same mistake that had costed me many deaths before, I talked too much. I asked everyone if they had ever seen a helicopter crash site, because I had never seen one before. Literally 30 seconds after asking this, I crested a hill in the forests, and I see a crashed chopper out in the distance! NICE!

Of course, because I'm a moron, I have to mention the fact that I found one and that I might be psychic in the chat. Someone explains that the zeds respawn every 2nd minute, which is too much for me to handle, so I mark the location on the map, and now everyone can see where it is. :rolleyes:

I was pretty confident I could handle this on my own. I had 9 magazines for my AK-74, or 270 bullets, or 270 kills if you are a good shot like me (racked up about 124 kills, 118 being headshots, and I had 1 bandit kills, no murders). So of course I rush the helicopter, shortly followed by a torrent of gunshots. Sounds like a 7.62mm of some kind. I rush back up the hill and zigzag all the way and survive. Why do I even need to check this place out? I have 270 bullets and a good rifle!

So then I do it again, but I come from the exact opposite direction, and scan the treelines for bandits using my binocs. I see nobody around. Then a gunshot comes from the LEFT of me. WHAT? I run in the opposite direction and bob/weave through as many trees as possible. The gunfire stops again. This guy may have no aim to speak of but damn does he have good eyes! What do I do?

I begin "rollodexing", or continuously rolling across the ground, determined to find this jackass and put a bullet in the back of his head. I will not be robbed of my first chopper! When you are rolling, you make absolutely zero sound. The foliage is thick, and I am using pine trees and shrubbery to my advantage. Surely I can find this guy without him spotting me, I'm not exactly being predictable!

I don't see anyone for a good 25 minutes. Where did he go? I am bored, so I decide to stand up. My boots make a rustling sound on the detritus. I check my backpack for something that might be of use to me, maybe a frag grenade to scare my enemy or something. Perhaps a smoke to throw him off course. As I search my gear, I hear rustling sounds behind me.

His scoped FN FAL presses against my head and fires. You are dead.

Edited by Zakatak, 19 August 2012 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users