• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

https://gleam.io/rTf...nline-giveaway-
can we get user names who won this prizes? cant find any info anywhere

Edited by MechWarriorBK, 01 January 2016 - 07:47 AM.

#2 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

seem s that no one know anything about this , shame so good prize

#3 LightningStorm

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • Locationİstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, i looked everywhere but I cant find anything about who won these

#4 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

i send email with question to GM's meaby they will answer.

#5 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:30 AM

i do double post to bump topic , dont have any info from Gm about this , also razer dont answered me anything to my email :)

#6 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

Hello!

These prizes were given to Razer where they chose the winners.
We do not have the list of those who won, therefore the winner list is in Razer's discretion.

#7 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

I'm also curious about this. The contest didn't seem that well advertised and I can't find anything official about it from Razer either. I was wondering if maybe Razer decided to just let this fade off into the background, not give out a prize while keeping all of our follows/likes.

I'm glad to hear from Tina that mech packs actually did change hands. It sort of seems like a bit of a marketing scam if Razer is asking for free follows/likes and then never gives away a prize. Although I've never won one of these Internet contests, the winners are usually congratulated publicly on social media.

I'm hoping Tina could comment on the fact that the post about this contest has been removed from the Official MechWarrior Online Facebook page. I was looking for it to see if any winners were posted in the comment section and, lo and behold, the entire post is no longer there.

In any case, Razer is losing my likes/follows when the dust settles.

#8 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

i see info on official site gz! if you are a player who won write here!

Edited by MechWarriorBK, 05 January 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#9 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

PGI,

I am highly upset that this was only recently discovered Posted Image http://mwomercs.com/...giveaway-update

A Razer giveaway... posted only after the event has ended. I did some checking and discovered that this was only posted on Twitter? Seriously... WTF? You want your Community to support you, then you need to advertise these things on the website here. Not just on one of many social media platforms you've setup shop in.

Nothing on MWO Website, nothing on Facebook page... but wait, posted to Twitter! Seriously... not everyone follows Twitter or Facebook, or other social media platforms. Some of us Mechjocks don't give a **** about social media and only care about big stompy robots.

PGI... you have FAILED your Community! <Insert Green Arrow voice>

I posted something like this over a year ago when you, PGI (and likely IGP), failed to advertise specifics regarding MWO that many could have participated in had it been posted to the MWO website here. ALL of MWO news should be posted here first and foremost before a single thought about social media enters your brains. Marketing failure... learn from this mistake and do it right next time... we don't care if it's being hosted by a third-party and not PGI directly... advertise it.

#10 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

I agree, that such things should be posted in here, too.
But there has been some threads about it, although not from PGIs, side but from the community...

For the "Twitterproblem" I do keep a thread about all Twitternews I can get my hands on, and which are somewhat important/interesting, here:
http://mwomercs.com/...itter-newsfeed/

edit: Well, this was not a PGI event, thus they don't have to advertise it, maybe they didn't want to put it in the forum, you know, because of advertising a brand. Would be ok with that, if that is why they didn't do it.

Edited by Raubwurst, 05 January 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#11 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

How did people know about this one? This is the first I've seen about it.

#12 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

I know a thread in the german subforum, where Mangeras made it public.
http://mwomercs.com/...st-mech-pakete/

And in the international section there was a posz of Peter2k in the Twitter Newsfeed:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4890504

#13 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:25 AM

they posted in on facebook from where i get info , also in steam community was post.

#14 Pokey McFlankerson

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 04 January 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hello!

These prizes were given to Razer where they chose the winners.
We do not have the list of those who won, therefore the winner list is in Razer's discretion.

Razor giveaway 'UPDATE?' How is this an 'update' when it was never advertised at all? I have to agree, this event was not promoted to the extent that it should have.

You can say it was advertised on twitter all you want but seriously now, why do have that extremely annoying 'NEWS AND PROMOTIONS' pop-up when we log into our mech bay? Isn't it just for news such as this giveaway?

You can blame the holidays all you want and say you guys didn't have time to create a flashy poster to go with it, but all it would have taken is a 2 line advert:

RAZOR MECHPACK GIVEAWAY
https://gleam.io/rTf...nline-giveaway-

This is quite disappointing and I truly hope this doesn't happen again.. it's like a betrayal to all your customers.

#15 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 05 January 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

PGI,

I am highly upset that this was only recently discovered Posted Image http://mwomercs.com/...giveaway-update

A Razer giveaway... posted only after the event has ended. I did some checking and discovered that this was only posted on Twitter? Seriously... WTF? You want your Community to support you, then you need to advertise these things on the website here. Not just on one of many social media platforms you've setup shop in.

Nothing on MWO Website, nothing on Facebook page... but wait, posted to Twitter! Seriously... not everyone follows Twitter or Facebook, or other social media platforms. Some of us Mechjocks don't give a **** about social media and only care about big stompy robots.

PGI... you have FAILED your Community! <Insert Green Arrow voice>

I posted something like this over a year ago when you, PGI (and likely IGP), failed to advertise specifics regarding MWO that many could have participated in had it been posted to the MWO website here. ALL of MWO news should be posted here first and foremost before a single thought about social media enters your brains. Marketing failure... learn from this mistake and do it right next time... we don't care if it's being hosted by a third-party and not PGI directly... advertise it.

Agreed, not a good way to start the new year.

#16 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:04 AM

Again, this Giveaway was NO EVENT. It was a advertising campagne of razor. Razor want's to be promoted, to get like and follows and are willing to spend a little bit of cash to get people to do this.
Why should PGI advertise it further? It's Razor who should have advertised it further, to get full use out of it.

#17 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostRaubwurst, on 06 January 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Again, this Giveaway was NO EVENT. It was a advertising campagne of razor. Razor want's to be promoted, to get like and follows and are willing to spend a little bit of cash to get people to do this.
Why should PGI advertise it further? It's Razor who should have advertised it further, to get full use out of it.

Then why am I looking at this 'non-promotion' GIVEAWAY update in PGI's, mwo, user interface's NEWS AND PROMOTIONS pop up? Why would PGI give us an update at all then in the UI if they advertised it in twitter or wherever? Stop defending them, they dropped the ball on this one and should have told their paying customers of this giveaway in the UI in the first place. Anyone with common sense will realize this.

Just like I tell my unit members: only through defeat do you grow... this wasn't good for public relations and hopefully they've learned from this.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 06 January 2016 - 06:39 AM.

#18 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:32 AM

Don't know why they gave this "Update" now. If you ask me, they shouldn't have mentioned it, because it is not their event.
Maybe they decided to do it, because there where several threads asking about the razor give-away and if they could give information about the winner.

#19 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

anyone got mail from razer?

Edited by MechWarriorBK, 06 January 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#20 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

I don't think so.I call scam...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users