- - - - -

Mouse Imput Lag

7 replies to this topic

#1 F4tal Scrpion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

In garage my mouse responds instantly. But ingame my mech doesnt turn until a second after I move my mouse. When I shoot theres no delay between clicking and firing but moving my mouse does have the delay. I tried another mouse but same thing.

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:28 AM

When you mean "it doesn't turn until a second after I move my mouse", do you mean that the mech takes time to turn there? Or it just doesn't turn at all until up to a second?

If it takes time for the mech to turn, this is normal. Bigger mechs take time to move their torso or arms up/down/left/right.

If it doesn't turn at all until up to a second, it would be good if we had a video or something to see what it looks like. That way, maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

#3 F4tal Scrpion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

I have the starter mech, in the category light. and yes I mean the mech. I don't have any recording softwares on my computer but the delay is quite long and I don't think its suppose to be as long as it is, its very difficult to aim. I forgot to include that when I press esc, the mouse curser there moves just fine.

#4 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

There should be a delay in the spead the reticule(s) move (limited with mech turning rate, so only a little delay in light mechs), but there shouldn't be any delay in when the movement starts. First things first - try to lower all possible graphical settings to off/minimum (they're mostly under the "advanced" button) and check if anything changes for better. If that helps, experiment with the settings further to check what exactly cause the delay

[edit:] got the feeling it may be connected with your graphics card. Some time ago Devs moved more processes from CPU to GPU and from that moment I experience slight delays, kinda similar to yours, when I have heat vision on.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 01 January 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#5 F4tal Scrpion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

Nothing changed, I changed around some settings but still a delay. I also noticed that when I hold left control or turned off my mech the actual pilot also had a delay to turn his head around. So I don't think its the mech.

So how do I fix this?

Edited by F4tal Scrpion, 01 January 2016 - 05:09 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

what sort of ping do you have?
does it do the same in testing grounds or the tutorial?

#7 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

Turn off Arm Lock. With that option on, the reticule only moves at the speed (and in the range) of the mech's torso movement. This is virtually always slower than mouse movement, and can seem like input delay.

#8 F4tal Scrpion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Turning off armlock doesn't fix this delay, and yes I still get the delay in training grounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users