- - - - -

Mech Bays.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

As far as i can tell (i'm sure you'll correct me) there is only one way other than faction rewards to get mach bays is with real cash.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Usualy yes, but many events incliding the current stocking stuffer offer free bays.

You also get bays with Mech packs (but those cost money)

#3 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

If no sale, do not make any purchases until that Friday. Fridays are generally the day sales start.

Purchase MC w/real cash, then purchase mechbays. Best if purchase MC when there is a sale, generally getting 20% more for the cost. Then hold onto MC for Mechbay 50% off sales, usually 2-3x a year.

Join a faction for a week, drop in CW to earn enough loyalty points for 1st mechbay, move on.

Mechbays - Rank 2, 6, 10, 14, 18.
MC - Rank 10 (500), 15 (1500), 20 (2500)

As noted there are also events where Mechbays can be one of the prizes, and/or MC itself. So far for the current event, earned 470MC, and before the Mechbay sale ended I was able to purchase 3mechbays for 450mc total. Also won the Centurion 9AH, that if I want to I can sell this one and keep the mechbay.

But the CW to 2nd Rank across each faction, that is 9 mechbays.

Edited by Half Ear, 02 January 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

10 factions so 10 bays for rank 2 not 9 but otherwise I agree with everything half Ear said

#5 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

As Jedi pointed out, you can get mechbays from events. You can also buy them with MC, which you usually buy with real money. But you can also get MC from events.

Back in September or so, I started saving MC from events in anticipation of a mech bay sale. I was sure there would be one eventually as there had been a few before. Not counting the MC from this event I was able to buy 25 mech bays just from that. I did buy some MC as well, so I could buy more bays. I did this partly because I have been rather cramped for bays of late.

Of course I continued to get MC from the event to buy more. The sale ended today, but you can still make enough mc for bays or you can save that MC.

If you like, you can switch loyalties and do the rounds in the Community Warfare to get mechbays. Lots of people do that - I personally am not because I'm Davion loyal. But the first level of loyalty points to get the first bay is pretty easy to get. Then you get back to the faction you actually wanted. If you use a short contract there is no penalty for doing this since you won't actually break it (the 7 day contract).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users