- - - - -

New Player Looking For Mentors

6 replies to this topic

#1 Exude

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

I've been playing for a couple of days and having a blast. However, no one really speaks during the PuGs I've been in so I don't feel as though I'm really learning anything special. I'm just looking for a few people or a group I can get with to learn the ropes. Eventually I would like to get into CW but I'll settle for the basics right now.

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

Hey,

you should really look into joining a team/unit. It greatly improves the game, playing it with a few fellow mechwarriors and it opens up the gate for CW for you, because noone should play CW solo.

They've got a forum up for recruitment!
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

#3 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

Names Leone. I've been rather busy, but check for me in the social button (Bottom of the map, Just to the right of LFG.) I admit, I play CW solo. There's alot to learn out there, and while I'm mainly into brawling, I know a few tips an tricks about things here'n there.

I'm mainly online in NA evenings.

~Leone.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

ingame on the social tab try adding anyone who responds, the worst that can happen is they refuse your freind request, when you see someone on your friend list is on try clicking on their name and sending a message, most of us who frequent New Player Help will be happy to group up with you to give you a few pointers, otherwise use the link Iqfish gave you to look for a unit, also some of us have links to our unit in our signatures.

if you do go down the unit route I strongly recommend visiting a few unit websites before joining one so you understand a bit about the unit and can find a good fit

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 January 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#5 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Leone is one of the best. You couldn't get a better teacher.

I hooked up with him a lot when I was a noob and I still run with him from time to time. Which actually was pretty funny, because he's in Kcom, and I'm 1st Seraphim, and being a Clan merc group, FWLM (including SRPH) was fighting Kcom last year...but there Leone and I were, running together in group queue, on one occasion right after Kcom beat us up in a CW drop, LOL!

LOL.

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

Make sure that you have Teamspeak downloaded. many of us in units have teamspeak so that we do not have to use the in game voip.

It becomes a lot more fun running with a group of people that you have fun with, and maybe from time to time someone gets legged.

I have not been playing a ton this fall or winter so far, but we did find out what happens when a lower ELO or now lower Tier player joins the group. They get into situations against other teams that they are not ready for. My unit started to drop one new player with a group, but what worked better was one seasoned player with two or three new players, even just going into private matches against a few other unit members.

Most of us will try to help you in game also, but I think right now I am the lowest tier. Even with that I have been on quite a few placements on tournament leader boards for specific mechs or chassis before the tier system went in. I have not been playing much and these lower tier matches have been a pain in the butt for me with everyone doing their own thing. One match I sat there just calling shots and 12-0. Did the same that next match when two guys from the previous match asked for me to call targets. (they are on my friends list right now) So I have been calling targets, and some times we get those annoying players, so why do I have to listen to you. I had a few nights where this kid was calling matches so I let him and guess what he made wrong calls from time to time, but people listened and had a better chance to win and he was learning.

Most of all that kid was having fun and that is what we are all playing this game for.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 02 January 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#7 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostLeone, on 01 January 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I admit, I play CW solo.

Damn, that's some serious confession :)

@Exude: if you speak French and are connected in European hours, feel free to add me ingame and drop by our sub-forum. If you don't, well, you can still add me, but I would recommend someone with less of a cheesy accent for mentor!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users