- - - - -

Omg, How Hard Can They Make It To Buy Your First Freaking Mech?

14 replies to this topic

#1 ESX

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Ya, I am new. But gaming for 20 years, so it does not take me long to learn the ropes. Started a new account today, played some games, feel good as I play WOT, EVE, and many others, so I am ready to go and buy a MERC and start leveling up.

WHERE THE HELL DO I BUY A MERC WITH REGULAR CREDITS????? OMG

Looked on Youtube, had different UI, didn't help.
Looked EVERYWHERE in my game for a way to purchase my first MERC, ????????

Do you have to finish something before you can get one?
Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can buy one.
If so, then why the hell don't they say so, ANYWHERE???????

What the hell is going on with this game???????

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

With sarcasm: Have you looked at this thing called "the Store" tab in the game?
(Don't mind my humor.)

Without sarcasm:
In the game interface, look at the top tabs. One of them should be Store. Click that. From there, there is a side tab called "Battlemech" or "Mech". That is where all your mechs you can buy (with MC and/or CB) are located. There are several filter tabs you can use, but you can also use just "all" to see everything.

Most every mech in the game can be bought with C-bills (in game currency). Any of them can be bought with MC (also called Mechwarrior Credits: Real world currency). When you go to buy a mech, it will ask you which currency you wish to use to purchase the mech. If you do not have enough of one, it will typically tell you so, and make that option unselectable.

As another point, you need an empty mechbay to purchase a mech. If you do not have one, you can not purchase any more mechs. (Excluding some mech packs, that come with a Mechbay.) You start out with 4 for free, and you can purchase additional ones for MC. However, there are also free Mechbays you can earn in the Community/Faction Warfare game mode. If you run out, either purchase more (with real money) or go and play the Faction Warfare mode and earn the rank 2 loyalty for a faction (and/or for each faction) to be rewarded with an additional free bay.

View PostESX, on 01 January 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Ya, I am new. But gaming for 20 years, so it does not take me long to learn the ropes. Started a new account today, played some games, feel good as I play WOT, EVE, and many others, so I am ready to go and buy a MERC and start leveling up.

WHERE THE HELL DO I BUY A MERC WITH REGULAR CREDITS????? OMG

Looked on Youtube, had different UI, didn't help.
Looked EVERYWHERE in my game for a way to purchase my first MERC, ????????

Do you have to finish something before you can get one?
Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can buy one.
If so, then why the hell don't they say so, ANYWHERE???????

What the hell is going on with this game???????

(Forgot to quote, which provides a forum notification by default.)

#3 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

Buying your first mech is as simple as going to the store (big yellow button to the left of Play). clicking on Battlemechs on the left side, then picking a mech chassis and a variant. It's fairly easy to get to in the current UI o.O

#4 ESX

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

LOL. Thank you for your time and replies. I looked at the store button and though it was for premium content only, like many other games.

Again, thank you............

#5 F4tal Scrpion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

• 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM
LOL. Thank you for your time and replies. I looked at the store button and though it was for premium content only, like many other games.

Its not all premium content, theres your regular ingame currency by the colour blue. then theres special currency yellow. ALL mechs in the shop can be purchased by the special ingame currency yellow. but the other mechs can be purchased by both yellow and blue currency. here is the confusion. it doesn't take both yellow and blue currency to buy a mech. you can choose to buy the mech with either yellow or blue currency, NOT both. so click big yellow tab at top that says store. - battlemehcs - chose category - choose type - then find ones that have both yellow and blue and buy one using blue.

#6 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

It's worth noting that every time you play a match you earn some C-Bills. You can save up your c-bills to buy things like mechs, weapons, modules, etc. Generally you only want to use C-Bills to buy mechs, unless the mech is not available for c-bills. Then you have to spend MC or Mechwarrior credits to get the mech. Mechwarrior credits are bought with real money, so be careful how you are paying for the mech.

Edited by mailin, 02 January 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#7 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

I don't think there is need for sarcasm here. I find the UI rather poor. The wording "store" lets probably most people think about buying things for actual, real money. The fact, that also "free" mechs all reside here is rather unobvious.

#8 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 02 January 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't think there is need for sarcasm here. I find the UI rather poor. The wording "store" lets probably most people think about buying things for actual, real money. The fact, that also "free" mechs all reside here is rather unobvious.

Indeed the term "Store" is very misleading. In fact back in the old days it was used that way. *Sarcasm* If you think its rough now u should of been here b4 the bonus cbills. Things have come along way to help new players purchase their first mechs. I remember using trials for months. =) Well a few weeks cuz im a mechwarrior addict.

#9 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Still think after 25 matches they should give you 4 free. $ of a chasis or 1 of each weight class of your choosing.

#10 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 02 January 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Still think after 25 matches they should give you 4 free. $ of a chasis or 1 of each weight class of your choosing.

After doing the tutorial you get 5 or 5.5 mill (can't remember the correct amount) C Bills more than enough to get a mech, the medium mech blackjack is less the 4 mill .one of the best mechs in game. and still have cash left over to equip it with stuff if you don't like the default loadout.

#11 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

I came back to the game last night and only just now found out how to buy and sell items. It used to be a lot easier. On well I'menjoying the new gameplay so far.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 02 January 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

Sarcasim was because he missed the large yellow button called "the store". However, as I said with "sarcasm aside", I can also understand the confusion. Some games use the "store" for real money purchases, and in game currency purchases in another game termed location. (Like Robocraft's "Cure Depot" to some extent.)

Don't worry though, he got my odd sense of humor. He LOLed in response. Posted Image

#13 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

It's all good. I can just simply understand his frustration. After I returned to this game to test the progress I was also mildly confused to find everything under "store". I completely ignored that button at first, because of what I associate with this wording.

#14 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

Omg, How Hard Can They Make It To Buy Your First Freaking Mech?

Wait till you try to skill up a module. lol

#15 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostESX, on 01 January 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't blame you. The store/shop button is usually reserved for cash only purchases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users