Accidentally Made Resolution Too High Can't Go Back To Default

8 replies to this topic

#1 MrParade

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

I couldn't find a better place to put this thread. I wanted to make my resolution a little bigger, but I made it too big and now I can't reset it to default because all the options are off screen.

Any idea how I fix this besides uninstall?

#2 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

drop into testing ground then hit esc?

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Delete your user settings: C:\Users\your_windows_username\Saved Games\Mechwarrior Online\Profiles\MWO_Username\attributes.xml

That will reset your graphics and other client options.

That folder also has profile.xml (which links it to your MWO account), actionmaps.xml which has your keybindings and weapongroups.xml which has your... well, weapon groups.

This are good to know, as you can back the whole folder up, and if there's ever an issue (or you reinstall MWO, for example) you can restore all your settings, action groups, etc.

Edited by Wintersdark, 02 January 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#4 MrParade

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

thanks a bunch wintersdark

#5 Nyte Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

did this awhile back myself when i bought my 4k screen . the best and easiest solution is to hit (alt+enter) this should bring you to a full screen with all controls and buttons accessible to change any setting you need to.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

Yeah, try full screen mode. That should let you click on things to reset it. If not, delete that file mentioned above, or maybe you can just edit it with something reasonable to get it to work.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

Alt Enter often works, too. Then fix resolution from there.

#8 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 03 January 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

Yeah, try full screen mode. That should let you click on things to reset it. If not, delete that file mentioned above, or maybe you can just edit it with something reasonable to get it to work.

Yeah, you can edit it, it's just an XML file. The line you're looking for is:
<Attr name="OptionCfg.ResolutionIdx" value="12"/>

The 12 is the index number of the resolution in question, likely 0 or 1 and up, based on their position in the list. Lowering the number should result in a lower resolution, that you could then adjust in game.

#9 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

Since this is a resolution thread I'll just question here...

I wanted to move to triple monitors, trick is I have a 27" center and a 24" on each side, all are same resolution, refresh, polarity, etc so NVidia Surround 'technically works' but the issue is the actual size of the monitor spanning doesn't line up due to the different physical size of the side monitors. I know in general researching on line the expectation is all three monitors should be the same physical size but they're not :) so I'm trying to see if others have solved this one. I would "expect" the monitor spanning to just span the three monitors all the same size and rez and you would simply 'lose' a little bit off the bottom of the smaller monitors but instead its just trying to fit everything on all three which again, causes the side monitors to be smaller an thus not line up perfectly. Thoughts? I've heard of things like SoftH and other software solutions to spanning multiple different sized monitors but wanted real world experienced feedback.

Thanks!:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users