- - - - -

Newbie Here.

8 replies to this topic

#1 nohface

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this game and I had some questions. I really enjoy the game so far and I know I'm going to stick to it. So I wanted to dump some excess cash into it and buy a really good mech. It doesn't matter what size, though I'd prefer something with a lot of firepower. I already elited my Raven 4X and made him a sniper bird, so I want to go the other route in terms of pure damage dealer. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what the best mech would be in terms of this. Thanks :)

#2 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

View Postnohface, on 03 January 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this game and I had some questions. I really enjoy the game so far and I know I'm going to stick to it. So I wanted to dump some excess cash into it and buy a really good mech. It doesn't matter what size, though I'd prefer something with a lot of firepower. I already elited my Raven 4X and made him a sniper bird, so I want to go the other route in terms of pure damage dealer. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what the best mech would be in terms of this. Thanks :)

If your planning on dropping some real coin on the game in the form of a mech pack, the Hunchback mastery pack is a good way to go. You can never go wrong with Hunchbacks, also they have a variant for any roll and they are dirt cheap to configure.

Other mechs you might want to look at are Storm Crows, Crabs, Thunderbolts, Marauders, Timberwolves, King Crabs, and Atlai.

#3 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

If you are not dead set on the innersphere, I suggest the clan stormcrow 55 dollars gets you 3, 120 gets you a ton of other mechs with it but they are sub par in almost every situation. Depending on how much extra cash you are talking about though. 35 dollars can get you 3 arctic cheetahs, 60 can get you them plus 3 shadowcats, which are meh, but can be solid in the right hands. Got 90 dollars? Go for the ebon jaguar package. Which will net you 3 of them plus the other 6 mechs. The cheetah and ebon jag are top/so close to top of their class the differnce is almost ignorable and tge SCat is fun to drive. You can find these packages under the clan wave 3 on main site. If you like the innersphere side I would find a mastery pack you would enjoy and go that route instead. I have found the resistance packages sub par. Good choices depend on your style though. Any mech can be a damage dealer. Though it is true some are easier than others.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:15 PM

Wait, willing to dump excess cash? And no one has mentioned the Marauder? 20$, three mechs, 75 Tonnes each. Vicious, Tanky, they do Inner Sphere right.

I mean, normally I'd ask question upon question about play style and weaponry an all that, but really, opposite of a Raven... can't think of anything better.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 03 January 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#5 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:33 AM

If you play the game through Steam, take a look at their DLC packs.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

The Steam DLC packs make for a good set of "sampler" mechs with cbill earning bonuses. Each DLC pack has a Clan and an Inner Sphere mech so you can get a taste of both "worlds."

Hunchback mastery pack is also seconded by me; any playstyle, any configuration, any level of experience, a Hunchback delivers.

#7 GotShotALot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

Keep in mind you need 3 variants of a chassis to properly 'eilte' it and get the most out of its' skill tree bonuses.

As people mentioned, buying MC and using that to get a 'Mastery Pack' (3 variants, 1 a Hero mech, plus other stuff like premium time) is a pretty good deal, especially when you catch a sale on them. So far, only IS mechs have Mastery Packs I think, there is a thread I was reading at the top of this forum on them.

As Leone mentioned, the Marauder pack in the store is also a terrific deal. So are the Archer and the Warhammer except those are still in development so you have to wait for them.

Those are the packs that I was looking at (in Mastery, probably Thunderbolt or Stalker pack for me). Unfortunately the gaming budget took a beating in December so purchases are a ways off yet.

#8 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

Direwolves and King Crabs deal damage. They are slow as hell but they deal damage. The problem is there are many ways to deal damage. If you are used to laservomit, the Timberwolf can do it very well over the period of a long fight. It's not that I'm being fickle, but I could easily recommend the Jager DD with 3 UAC5s and you might not like how it plays.

I suggest that you play the Trial Direwolf and the Trial King Crab as well as the Trial Timberwolf/Thunderbolt. See if you like those and if any fit your style, you can grab the appropriate pack.

#9 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:48 AM

Marauder $20 pack is the best value for the money IMHO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users