- - - - -

~ 1St Mech Advice ~

Help Me

5 replies to this topic

#1 ViperDragon

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

I seeking a Mech with top 20% Survivability (armor) with top 30% Accuracy Missiles.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

Accurate Missiles don't depend on the mech.

Accuracy might depend on aiming, leading the shot (if they are not guided missiles - Streaks or LRMs), targeting computer, Beagle... might depend on any of these options, but not the mech itself.

Although, there are quirks that can tighten the missiles together, it's a quirk that can (and possibly will) be changed in a near future. So my advice, do not build only around quirks, especially if you are new to the game.

Reason: Once the quirks change, you will think your mech is broken and there is nothing you can do with it. When building a mech, build it to your playstyle, not the quirks.

So now we come to the point where I ask you what is your play style and the one that suits you best (Scout, Fire-support, skirmisher, brawler...)?

About survivability, first thing that comes to mind is (only use STD engines).
They are heavier and require a less loaded mech (in either weapons or armor or ammo or all of them), but they won't explode when you get a side torso destroyed.

Unless you are contemplating Clan tech and mechs, in that case it's back to the question about your playstyle.

Edited by FlipOver, 04 January 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#3 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

Survivability? Plenty, Hunchback, Thunderbolts, Atlas, (Firestarter or Arctic Cheetah, lights have "special armor" called hit reg and speed)

Missile? well that depends on the lock/aim and such.

You gotta narrow it down a bit more though, like prefered weight/class?

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

what sort of missiles?

Long range Missiles LRMs
short range dumb fire SRMs
short range homing, Streak SRMs

artemus is a system which reduces lock time for LRMs or SSRM, it also tightens the spread of SRM or LRM, however Artemus launchers are 1 ton heavier than standard and you have to purchase the Artemus upgrade for your Mech

for LRMs or SRMs the less you fire at once the more accurate they will be

with LRMs if you want better accuracy chain fire LRM5 or ALRM5, with your own lock and preferably also TAG but that works best for a skirmisher.
for SRMs you want SRM2, SRM4, ASRM4 or ASRM6 for accuracy, and again to enhance accuracy only fire one launcher at a time.

if you are after SRMs I would advise looking at the Griffin, Wolverine, Hunchback (4sp) and Mad Dog, for LRMs look at the Kintaro, Griffin, MAd Dog, Catapult, Summoner, Timber Wolf, Stalker, Battlemaster and Warhawk.

however I would be able to give much better advise if I knew a bit more about your play style

#5 ViperDragon

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

Comparing.

Kintaro, Griffin, MAd Dog, Catapult, Summoner, Timber Wolf, Stalker, Battlemaster and Warhawk

1. Most armor & Survivability.
2. Most hitting power (damage) NOT ammo load.
3. Most accurate.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostViperDragon, on 04 January 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Comparing.

Kintaro, Griffin, MAd Dog, Catapult, Summoner, Timber Wolf, Stalker, Battlemaster and Warhawk

1. Most armor & Survivability.
2. Most hitting power (damage) NOT ammo load.
3. Most accurate.

1) most armor would be a tie between Stalker, Battlemaster and Warhawk, however survivibility would be a tie between Timber Wolf and Stalker, as they are both good at spreading damage. the Griffin with a standard engine probably takes 3rd place, I have face tanked atlases and came away with all my weapons intact in a standard engine Griffin many times

2) most hitting power is probably the Timber Wolf, however if you are just after missiles then that would be the Mad Dog

3) most accurate is a tie between all of them, if they were all chain firing the same weapon they would all be equily accurate

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 04 January 2016 - 08:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users