Cicada Talk

44 replies to this topic

#41 Jetdrag

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

Cicadas have been my favourite mech since I started playing in Beta.

I would certainly recommend the 3M for the ECM and the ballistic hardpoint. You have lots of options on how you can run that one, either with autocannon or just energy.

The X-5 is excellent, and also the only variant with missile hardpoints. My favourite setup is 4 ml, with 2 SRM4s and an XL320. The lasers give it a bit of range (especially with the current quirks), and Cicadas are really easy to reposition for peeling away armour. The SRM's fire quickly (especially with a module) and can make it a real hard hitter close up either supporting, or surprise runs on rear armour. They back-up the lasers nicely. It's a really hard hitting loadout for such a light and quick mech, just don't get caught in a brawl and make the best of your mobility. It's probably my favourite Cicada.

The advantage of those two chassis as well, is that they both come with engines perfectly sized to make the most out of the platform, no matter the variants you own.

#42 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

I treat them as a big light.

3M is nice, however the ballistic hard point ... and mech weight .. I cannot find a build for me.
I play with one ER PPC and 3 ML

For fun however i prefer the 3F...
I run mine with 4 MPL... 6 of 8 JJ (still enough to damage feet when jumping gets out of hand)

Edited by aGentleWarrior, 22 January 2016 - 04:50 AM.

#43 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostMorggo, on 21 January 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

*sniff* *sniff* Our CDA's are unloved Posted Image

Again, totally respect your opinion, everyone will have different experiences.

Flip side, I will go back to "there is no bad mech"... I've been a CDA pilot for a week, and in that time I'm finding in my (basic'd, not even elited) CDA's I'm into the 300 - 500 dmg and plenty of assists and the occasional kill. So my opinion is they are pretty solid little mechs and expect that performace to increase as I get a feel for her and master them. All comes down to play style and how you mesh with the mech I'd say.

Personal mileage will vary! Posted Image

I have Cicada's elited and have 600+dmg games in them..Its still a bad mech.

#44 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 22 January 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

I have Cicada's elited and have 600+dmg games in them..Its still a bad mech.

I love the chassis, but it has some serious inherent issues. There are legitimately BAD mechs in MWO, but the CDA isn't one of them. The word you're looking for is "mediocre." "Bad" should be reserved for hopeless cases like the Mist Lynx or Vindicator.

Edited by TercieI, 22 January 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#45 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 22 January 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

I treat them as a big light.

3M is nice, however the ballistic hard point ... and mech weight .. I cannot find a build for me.
I play with one ER PPC and 3 ML

For fun however i prefer the 3F...
I run mine with 4 MPL... 6 of 8 JJ (still enough to damage feet when jumping gets out of hand)

Two ERLLs, 2 MLs, ECM, and (IIRC) 300XL. BAM! A marvellous little critter, basically the CW Meta variant. With the ECM you are useful for your team. Quirks give that ERLL a heck of a range. While 'grinding XP' if you need it, swapping a ML for TAG might not be a terrible idea.

But yeah, the Ballistic on that variant is a trap. Not needed.

I find 4 MLs or MPLS to be undergunned for a 3F, personally. But if it works for you! (run either two ERLLs, or Two LPLs, and 2 MLs, personally)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users