Missile Boat Teams

88 replies to this topic

#81 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

I feel like the level of LRM crying is just about right. If nobody is crying about them then they're obviously too weak as they are a major noob killer, but if a lot of people are crying then they are too strong. Seems to be a pretty good amount of crying going on right now.

#82 Salticidae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

I love how people say LRMs are a no skill weapon, like it takes skill to put a cross air on a mech and shoot lasers.

The fact is a good LRM player can really annoy the other team, keep them in cover and make them rage and make stupid decisions.

LRM skill is about awareness and knowing who to support, it's about getting in position to cover as much of your team as you can.

#83 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostZyne, on 05 January 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

I love how people say LRMs are a no skill weapon, like it takes skill to put a cross air on a mech and shoot lasers.

The fact is a good LRM player can really annoy the other team, keep them in cover and make them rage and make stupid decisions.

LRM skill is about awareness and knowing who to support, it's about getting in position to cover as much of your team as you can.

Has to be repeated bro.
Posted Image

#84 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Troll Poster is Trolling.

This "I Hate Lurms" Thread was made 8 mins after the Account. So fully disregard the OP.

#85 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 05 January 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Troll Poster is Trolling.

This "I Hate Lurms" Thread was made 8 mins after the Account. So fully disregard the OP.

basically this ^

OP has reignited the lurm war on the forums

edit:i believe this thread should be closed

Edited by Variant1, 05 January 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#86 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

View Postsensen, on 04 January 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Personally I believe they are a sad excuse of exploiting the game. When a team does nothing but volley at a distance and kill half the enemy team in a matter of minutes, it's no fun. My friend says that they won't do anything and I'm not expecting them to because they don't care (they have our money) but we the players should be better than this. We should play the game the way it was meant to be played, not some cheap easy mode/ lazy way. I just wanted to say my opinion and I'm sure others before me already posted similar stuff. GLHF Mechwarriors!

1 post.

Crying about LRMs.

Jettisoned.

#87 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 January 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

id like to see lerm boats used in a highly coordinated fashon. 4 boats, 4 defensive skirmishers and 4 narc/tag/ecm scouts all working together would be an awesome force. would be awesome seeing hundreds of missiles all headed for the same target.

of course coordinated teams tend to not be huge missile fanatics and would for the most part find them useless opting for laser vomit. so you never see much coordination with missiles, and that is sad.

I had seen this done..
2 LRM Boats, 1 Heavy Guard, 1 Light ECM NARCer....

Devastating.... Especially on the Old Caustic.

Some of these doofoses want to play down how effective can be but usually they are only referring to own lame SOLO pug experiences...

As you mentioned there are very effective LRM lance combination but very few people ever do this or have the skill to do it.

Edited by ShinVector, 06 January 2016 - 12:48 AM.

#88 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostZyne, on 05 January 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

This has been generally my experience. I have lost count of how many times I've had enemies come chasing me down, ignoring other, much bigger threats, in the process.

My guess is that they somehow think I'm the easy kill or I've pissed them off to the point that they only thing they see is that 'blasted LRM boat' and it's gotta die.

Either way, these guys try to chase me down only to find up in *still* getting LRMed to death by me as I fall back...or get massacred by my teammates because they weren't paying attention to the fact that I wasn't alone.

#89 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostShinVector, on 06 January 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

As you mentioned there are very effective LRM lance combination but very few people ever do this or have the skill to do it.

LRMs literally rely on the team more than any other weapon in the game. But yeah. Given reliable locks, LRMs are brutal.

NARC brings reliable locks (and kills ECM, and obliterates sneaky in all senses of the word, and...), so having a dedicated NARCer + missile boats?

It's gonna rain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users