#21 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

GIRL!

Pass the pumpkin spice and Uggs, because I CAN'T EVEN!

#22 Amary

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostMacster16, on 04 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Also, you can check the MRBC ladder at mrbcleague.com to get a vague idea of where various units stand.

Thanks

#23 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Now where is WDMC in this list?
Tukkayyid 1 3rd best win ratio
Tukkayyid 2 7th best win ratio and we didn't wield 12 man team even once during that even mostly 6'ish.
MRBC EU tier A team past 3? Season

Other "mediocre" unit called Black Spikes (BSMC) is also missing, they only won latest EU MRBC season (and actually had 2 teams in A tier) but hey its nothing right?

#24 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

I'd say there is so much wrong with the post that it's best to simply ignore it. Not arguing what unit goes where or why isn't unit xyz on the list, just pointing out the fundamental problems of subjective rankings, personal bias, and lack of a depth of knowledge about all or nearly all of the units in MW:O.

The entire list is simply the opinion of the author. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 04 January 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#25 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostHotthedd, on 04 January 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

I, for one, am greatly impressed.

I did not think it was possible to type with your own e-peen in your mouth.

Well **** should still be in the word filter

#26 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

Essentially the worst post in this forum?

#27 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

Claiming that Lord is (still) the games best unit shows how far out of touch the person who createt that list is with the game. It has been like a year or something when Lord broke up and their most competitive players went to EMP. Lord is really a shadow of its former self.

And it's amusing that SWOL is rated as an A unit while only accounting for the best players, when swol easily belongs to the worst units in game (average skill of all members accounted). They are just too big to maintain a high level of average skill (which they are not to blame for, it's cool they don't reject anyone, but that really waters down average skill).

Either rate whole units or their best members, but mixing up both in one rating doesn't make much sense IMO.

EDIT: Just realized the creator did rate SWOL with all members accounted for as B-. I'm sorry but that is nothing short of delusional. It robs that list of way more credibility than claiming Lords are still the games best team.

Edited by meteorol, 04 January 2016 - 11:55 PM.

#28 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

However, if you see a singular -AW- guy in a pug match, I'd watch out.

This makes me laugh a lot Posted Image

Edited by clownwarlord, 04 January 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#29 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 January 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

And it's amusing that you rate SWOL as an A unit while only accounting for the best players, when swol easily belongs to the worst units in game (average skill of all members accounted). They are just too big to maintain a high level of average skill (which they are not to blame for, it's cool they don't reject anyone, but that really waters down average skill).

Either rate whole units or their best members, but mixing up both in one rating doesn't make much sense IMO.

That's a good suggestion. It's already in the original post though. He rated SWOL as a whole lower. In other words, he separated it into two rankings and did not mix both into one rating. He explicitly went over this.

I think it's hard or impossible to gauge any intricacies about a unit from the outside looking in. The only thing we learned is what SWOL is like.

If people in each unit were to write about their judgement of their own unit, then we might have a better picture.

SWOL, for the most part, is a pool of players that is not differentiated from 'the masses' by skill, but by joining SWOL, members have implicitly stated "I am willing to participate as a team."

Instead of searching for willing teammates out of your entire faction, or the entire playerbase, SWOL members have a smaller (but still sizeable) pool of players that they can organize with.

That's my take at least.

Edited by Moldur, 04 January 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#30 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostMoldur, on 04 January 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

That's a good suggestion. It's already in the original post though. He rated SWOL as a whole lower. In other words, he separated it into two rankings and did not mix both into one rating. He explicitly went over this.

Already saw it and edited my post (the first time like 20 minutes ago, second edit was cleaning up the fact that it wasn't his list just now).

The fact that the person who created this list rated SWOL as B- with all members makes this list even more ridiculous.

#31 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

Well I'll bite. IMO, these are the 10 best units going around at the moment. It's in no particular order and for the big units, I'm only including their "elite" players. This is my opinion based on what I see on the comp scene and what I see in-game myself:

EmP
SJR
BSMC
BMMU
S RS
AS
CSJx
Lords
KCom

I'm sure there'll be disagreements and sodium overdoses over the list, but since no one else was willing, I'll toss some fuel into the fire.

#32 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

Original list is kinda worthless in so many ways. Besides most better players and units you tend to take notice of because you see them a lot. Does not take long to figure out the better players for each unit you need to watch out for either. If you pay any attention at all you will have a good idea most games of the best players and units on each side.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 05 January 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#33 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

so much evenly
Posted Image

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

id like to see a unit ranking system. not as convoluted as op (tldr, sorry, its bigger than the replies on the first page). would factor in number of (active) players, its w/l ratio, and number of planets owned ratioed against the health of their faction (number of planets controlled and overall population).

and the whole point would be to self balence cw populations and spread out the skilled units to all corners of the inner sphere using incentives and penalties as leverage. a good unit in an overpopulated overperforming faction could gain huge bonuses by switching to an underdog faction (you might also severely penalize the reverse).

will it work? well a unit will use a bunch of so called 'meta' builds to get maximum performance out of their mechs. using the same reasoning they might move to a faltering faction to reap similar rewards.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 January 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#35 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

RRB Unit notable player, Dimento Graven.

The guy can be a massive jerk, but if you're not paying attention will shoot your face off... Every time I'm in the group queue and run into this jackhole people's heads are getting shot off.

Then there's people like #########. When I see him on the other side, I know we're going to have a fun turkey shoot. Dunno if that guy is like half blind, or always drunk, but, it's like the red team only has 11.2 players when he's on...

Whatever happened to RJBass anyway? I haven't seen him on...

Edited by DrPetPyroShark, 05 January 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#36 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostDrPetPyroShark, on 05 January 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

RRB Unit notable player, Dimento Graven.

The guy can be a massive jerk, but if you're not paying attention will shoot your face off... Every time I'm in the group queue and run into this jackhole people's heads are getting shot off.

Then there's people like [redacted]. When I see him on the other side, I know we're going to have a fun turkey shoot. Dunno if that guy is like half blind, or always drunk, but, it's like the red team only has 11.2 players when he's on...

Whatever happened to RJBass anyway? I haven't seen him on...

You may want to read the T.O.S. under "name and shame"...

Edited by Hotthedd, 05 January 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#37 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

LOL, what a load of tripe.

#38 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

LOL @ some comp units having no notable pilots, are you f*****g serious!.

#39 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 04 January 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

This list as serious as SWOL.

this LOL

View PostMacster16, on 04 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Also, you can check the MRBC ladder at mrbcleague.com to get a vague idea of where various units stand.

That does not reflect a unit, it often reflects only a part of the unit. actually those of the competitive part, But not heir casual part.

#40 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

Link to the Outreach thread because, yeah, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users