Looking For A Clan / Guide / Teacher

5 replies to this topic

#1 MechReflex

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

Howdy Fellow Mechwarriors

Long story short. I've started playing this game for a few days, approximately a week now.
And I find it quite fun. It's not like Armored core (which I played till I broke the disc, as a figure of speech), but I enjoy it. Now, I'm mainly a LoL player which also plays different games (when I'm not sporting), like csgo, hearthstone, RTS's, RPG's, etc. I have a long history of WoW as well.

Anyways, back to the point. I've basicly decided to be a clan player. And I'm at the point where I wanna take my game further than the public soloQ. However, as you all know better than myself. Mechs cost a darn lot of cbills (boughgt premium to help out with that) and it seems that the radar deprivation module is also an easy 6mil. So basicly I dont wanna put my cbills in too many wrong places.

I'm looking to start participating in CW & coordinated play asap, and though I've got lots to learn, I've pretty much read more than I should have compared to my play time. My vacation is nearing its end, and thus I'm looking for a group, or clan, to take me in & teach me the finesses in this game. And to stand by me with council.

As a resume I suppose I'll link some stats, though they're only stats.
These would be my general stats (including the newbie trial mech cadet games):
https://gyazo.com/c2...e8f9ce708a3ac06
And these are my first bought mech stats mainly (the Timber wolf):
https://gyazo.com/e6...187ff1569f9ede8

I average a usual game between 500 & 900 damage mostly in soloQ.

Best game(s) I had:
https://gyazo.com/e9...0bbc86a561825e6
https://gyazo.com/da...47792437c645b24

https://gyazo.com/ad17bd94598c23ae1598fc40c9fe881d
https://gyazo.com/ba...2522a3b73f180d5

I'm running a build I found on metamechs which I quite like. 4x med laser & 2x LRG Pulse laser. I intend to buy another timber wolf, load it with double AC 10 & med lasers (aiming for the mastery), and probably gonna aim for a hellbringer next (plus adder) since that results in 250 tons for CW. Whether a good idea or not is something i'll find out soon (or feel free to reply & tell me).

If you would like any more information, feel free to respond down below.

MechReflex

Edited by MechReflex, 02 January 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#2 sCOREscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 859 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

Matchscores and kills looking really good!
Maybe you take a look at www.widowmakers.com or on my profile page.
Have fun, MWO is amazing,
gl, sCORE

Edited by sCOREscream, 02 January 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

It seems you've already chosen Clan Jade Falcon. Congratulations, we'll be happy to have you.

Right now the Jade Falcons have a very active war front, and you shouldn't hafta wait long for a match. Come, join us in Community Warfare, and there you will find other falcons who may be willing to take you under their wing. Ask in chat to group up, get teamspeak and join in in various units teamspeaks. You can visit many and get help from multitudes before you even need think of settling down and joining a unit.

Come, join us that we may take the fight back into the Inner Sphere.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 02 January 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#4 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

I have a suggestion that will have a major impact on your development as a mechwarrior. I recommend you choose the mercenary lifestyle.

From a war skills point of view, it is critical to learn the full range of technology available to you, to discover all of the strengths and weaknesses, what the different mechs do, and what they do not do. You will learn a great deal about Clan mechs by playing Inner Sphere mechs, and vice versa. A huge part of winning is knowing what your enemies can and can not do.

As far as going Clan - stick with Leone, you cannot go far wrong.

For references, do a search for Kin3ticX on the forums - and read this to start:

https://docs.google....9cf7a47f5_204_0

There's tons of good material out there for those who wish to take the time to learn.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Edited by crustydog, 02 January 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#5 MechReflex

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

I'll play some CW clanside with whichever unit is willing to teach me / put me on trial.
Later on I might decide to become a merc en learn both sides. Troublesome part is I'll need to grind 2 dropdecks and quite some mechs first so I can unlock the elite & master skills.

Thanks for the feedback & the link, I read it once before but took a closer eye this time and learned a few things again Posted Image .
But whilst we're busy, I dont really get the difference between the (for example) AC 10 & UAC 10. Basicly you can double tap the UAC but not the ac? And should 1x AC 20 be better than double UAC 10? Would double UAC 5 be better than double UAC 10? Yet I carry the same ammo Ammounnt for more total damage, math wise atleast, landing it where it's needed is something else.

#6 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostMechReflex, on 03 January 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

I dont really get the difference between the (for example) AC 10 & UAC 10. Basicly you can double tap the UAC but not the ac? And should 1x AC 20 be better than double UAC 10? Would double UAC 5 be better than double UAC 10? Yet I carry the same ammo Ammounnt for more total damage, math wise atleast, landing it where it's needed is something else.

As to which is better, it really comes down to your point of view. My personal preference is the AC 20, a 20 point crack to a single location - I'm very fond of that. However, the Ultra cannons do put out a lot more damage, with a higher heat, ammo consumption and Jam chance all rolled into that package. The ultra cannons put out a stream of smaller slugs, so the damage tends to spread around all over the target. Even so, getting hit with a stream of slugs makes it hard to see your opponent and coordinate your combat. Ultra cannons work especially well in small groups - such as the three ultra-5's seen on many mech builds. This puts out a whole bucket load of damage very rapidly and can quickly shred most opponents.

One of the finer points of Mechwarrior is the art of balancing damage vrs accuracy - an elite warrior will kill mechs efficiently, without doing a lot of damage actually. Yet, the better financial return comes out of maximizing the damage done - with DPS ( Damage Per Second) being one of the more important measures of a warrior's performance.

This is one of the strengths and weaknesses aspects I was mentioning above. Currently, the only Clan weapon that puts out high single location damage for low heat is the guass rifle - and it has a badly nerfed cooldown \ recharge cycle which inhibits it's effectiveness. The Clans do enjoy the full range of Ultra and LBX cannons, with better weight and reduced internal slot requirements, but all of these weapons spray damage and are harder to use to inflict pin point damage on a moving target except at really close range. Standard Clan autocannons do not work very well because PGI - and I would recommend not using those - the code is kind of wonky, and I don't think they have ever fixed it... not exactly a high priority item.

The IS, on the other hand, has several mechs that are designed and quirked specifically for various autocannons, and in the right hands these mechs are extremely efficient killers - especially on the various hot maps in the game where these mechs enjoy an immense advantage. I especially like a cannon that fires when you pull the trigger, that does not Jam at those critical moments when you need it the most. Personally, if the Clan standard cannons worked like Inner Sphere cannons, I would use those before either the Ultra or the LBX variants.

About the UAC 5's vrs UAC 10's - the slugs are smaller on the UAC 5's, the weapon also cools down faster (I think) = faster rate of fire. The heat should be lower as well and the range is also superior. Total damage from a burst is equal to roughly 5... so double fire equals roughly 10.

UAC 10's, heavier, larger slugs, hotter, slower rate of fire, less range, more damage in total. Quite deadly.

Again, "better" is a matter of perspective and personal choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users