The +1000 Points Club...

30 replies to this topic

#1 Ximenet

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

How is possible that a Locust can do 1250 points on a match???? Is the best points mech does on a match,if not,watch The Underrated Locust thread on light mechs subforum right now. Seriously,the work of an assault mech on a light mech,how is that possible??? Im a light mech pilot (piloting a Kit Fox D) but that...that is an abomination on less than 40 tons mech!!!

Edit: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4928046

Edited by LuxNyx, 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#2 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostLuxNyx, on 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

How is possible that a Locust can do 1250 points on a match???? Is the best points mech does on a match,if not,watch The Underrated Locust thread on light mechs subforum right now. Seriously,the work of an assault mech on a light mech,how is that possible??? Im a light mech pilot (piloting a Kit Fox D) but that...that is an abomination on less than 40 tons mech!!!

It's not even that uncommon. A teammate of mine recently invested in his first couple LCTs. Already got like 900-1000+ in a match in a PB. The 5x SPL LCT-3M? VICIOUS.

I even put up a well-over-900-damage match in an ACH with 3x ERSL and a ERLL once, and I'm AWFUL at this game.

Smaller and faster means, with a pilot who knows how to pilot smaller and faster, that it's HARDER TO HIT. With the everlasting gobstopper (ie- FUSION ENGINE) powering those lazorzes, and speed as armor, light drivers can put up some pretty amazing performances.

Don't remember the DMG number, but watched a particularly talented pilot carry our team in a PUG drop on Viridian Bog, being left against 4 or 5 of the enemy, not the least of which was a Dire Whale, and with only his RVN-3L(C)'s twin ERLLs. That's a tiny, low rate-of-fire alpha, by the way. Dude cleaned house and snatched a 12-11 victory from the jaws of certain defeat.

Crazy things happen when the planets align over a light pilot's head...

Edited by TheRAbbi, 05 January 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#3 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

It's very impressive to get 1250 damage in a mech that regularly gets killed in one shot. However that post you linked to is almost certainly an alt account. People who have inappropriate names get them changed to mechwarrior123... or inappropriate123... Someone making their first account isn't going to know that and call themselves imapropirate31415... so it's most likely an experienced player who is fighting newbies, who likely have their mouse sensitivity too high, use poor positioning, etc.

Edited by John1352, 05 January 2016 - 07:08 PM.

#4 Ximenet

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 05 January 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

It's very impressive to get 1250 damage in a mech that regularly gets killed in one shot. However that post you linked to is almost certainly an alt account. People who have inappropriate names get them changed to mechwarrior123... or inappropriate123... Someone making their first account isn't going to know that and call themselves imapropirate31415... so it's most likely an experienced player who is fighting newbies, who likely have their mouse sensitivity too high, use poor positioning, etc.

Yes.im impressed too,that mech can get one shoot of 2 ACs20 and die. Is a very experienced player then.

#5 Axel Sprocket

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

An experienced mechwarrior can possibly do 1k+ damage on the lightest mech available with mad skills, battle experience and some luck.

#6 Ximenet

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostAxel Sprocket, on 05 January 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

An experienced mechwarrior can possibly do 1k+ damage on the lightest mech available with mad skills, battle experience and some luck.

Maybe some day,i will do the same work with my foxie :D

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:56 AM

I have a lance mate that can crack 1000+ in a spider.
I dont know how, Ive tried to copy him... no dice for me.

In my better mechs cracking 1000 is no big deal, I just cant do it in a light to save my life.
Personal best is 1590 in a WHK.

#8 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

When I get in a groove I can put up damage in the 650 - 900 range all night in my Oxide.... unfortunately my consistency is bunk and that is maybe 1 in 4 or 5 long sessions. Rest of the time it's more in the 350 - 500 range and 1 in 5 is that typical damn aweful night you can't even seem to find the cockpit Posted Image .
I've got quite the bell curve on damage.

I've thought about doing some analysis on my matches, just basic metrics. Try to see if there is something in common with the various level of performance. Record the stats end of each match in a spreadsheet. I can start with the pile of screenshots I have but that will be statistically invalid because 1) it's not all my matches and 2) it's just the really good match scores.

Anyone else do much analytical review of their performances for improvement?

Edited by Morggo, 06 January 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#9 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:56 AM

Was in a match Sunday night in which all three of us light pilots had every kill shot and we had more damage than the rest of our team and the enemy combined. I was the low baller with 3 kills and 980 damage in my cheetah. We simply flanked together and opened up rear armor, legs, whatever flashed red first. Haveing the pilot in the Firestarter call targets meant we trashed mechs so fast that most where dead before they realized we where behind them. Also helped that the enemy was strung out trying to box us in at our base. Our goal originally was to rush cap, but when we realized that they where not murder balling and peek sniping instead we decided to destroy them.

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

In solo queue, especially in lower tiers, lights can easily outdamage anything in the hands of a skilled player.

#11 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

The most important thing in a light to remember is, to keep moving. If you are firing from cover, don't fire from the same spot more than once.

Being unpredictable is the key to success. I'm not a light pilot, not by a long shot. But I know what I'm talking about, I've been killed by many Posted Image

#12 Ximenet

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 06 January 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

The most important thing in a light to remember is, to keep moving. If you are firing from cover, don't fire from the same spot more than once.

Being unpredictable is the key to success. I'm not a light pilot, not by a long shot. But I know what I'm talking about, I've been killed by many Posted Image

I know that fact,however my Kit Fox is slower than an Artic Cheetah or a Locust,so i must put more attention on the enemy moves. Also,my best match was 550 points with 2 kills on my foxie. Its not much,but at least ive did decent damage. At this match,a (why not) King Crab target me cause he watched that im doing much damage to a undefended Catapult A1,that Catapult only have LRMs and i have SRMs. The King Crab started to target and pursue me. We are on the forest map on an open field so im on the hands of the King Crab. Dunno why King Crab started to target me when there are friendlyes with heavy mechs around me,doing damage to him,but finally the King Crab killed me. If the holy KC doesnt kill me,maybe i will did more points on the match.

Edited by LuxNyx, 06 January 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#13 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostLuxNyx, on 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Although there are lots of great light players playing this game the lights also benefits from some unwanted glitches in the game as well, like bad hit registering etc. This gives some of the lights extreme survivability at the same time as they are hard to hit to begin with and often not prioritized targets as long as they run with larger slower mechs easier to hit. Some mechs are more “broken” than others, and can for some reason take 60-70 dmg in torso without even loosing all armor on either part of the torso.

Now, this does not automatically make lights easy to master. But more often than not you can see lights running point in the middle of the heat with little worries. The end results are also more often than not lights on the top with over average damage and kills.

When I write broken it’s to a certain degree because of the glitches, but also because the game is somewhat balanced in a way where lights becomes the paper to the rocks in rocks, scissors and paper. In my opinion they never should be, lights are not the front line mechs, they are scouts and harassers. A locust should not be the preferred one going up against a Direwolf. This is also the reason slower assaults is a pain in the *** to play now days, because the team feel they don’t need them and just rush on leaving them behind, often to be easily picked down by a couple of lights. But now I’m OT here.

But yeah, this is not that uncommon.

#14 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostLuxNyx, on 06 January 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

The King Crab started to target and pursue me. We are on the forest map on an open field so im on the hands of the King Crab. Dunno why King Crab started to target me when there are friendlyes with heavy mechs around me,doing damage to him,but finally the King Crab killed me. If the holy KC doesnt kill me,maybe i will did more points on the match.

Cookie syndrome. I've seen many teams throw away any chance of winning a match to futilely chase my Locust around corners and over hills.

#15 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostTim East, on 06 January 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Cookie syndrome. I've seen many teams throw away any chance of winning a match to futilely chase my Locust around corners and over hills.

Who loves being the squirrel, raise your hands! ...oh right, my Jenner doesn't have arms....Posted Image

#16 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

I used to love it. My KDR was even worse then, as was my average DMG/match. But DAT SPEED THO. So fun.

#17 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostTim East, on 06 January 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Always hilarious when you are in a light and you watch as 6+ members of the enemy team turn to chase you and they end up getting rolled by the team just cause they were chasing the bacon...

On a side note. I have become notorious in my BJ-1X so it is only appropriate that I post this here...

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 06 January 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#18 Imapropirate314159265

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 05 January 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Hey you guys are talking about me! A few things...
Yes this is an alt account (main account is FallenSeraphim)
Solid tier 3 so not noob stomping (my main account is also tier 3), was a PUG match
I pretty much pilot exclusively lights
Been around since open beta, but definitely fall into the casual player category

Tanking in a locust? Yeah that never goes well.. I actually play the locust as a scout and harasser as it should be - I flank at full tilt, shoot up as much as I can and duck on out before I get noticed too badly. Jumping in to deal damage once the chaos has broken out definitely increases my survivability odds as does being able to know where I'm driving fulling torso twisted.) Running advanced sensor range and sensor derp modules so I get eyes early when scouting and can duck out quicker. I'll also chew on stragglers from the group (typically assaults) and get those quick alphas in.

Really comes down to knowing when to get in and more importantly when to get out, other then that sometimes it's just luck of the draw

Edited by Imapropirate314159265, 06 January 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#19 FallenSeraphim

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostImapropirate314159265, on 06 January 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hey you guys are talking about me! A few things...
Yes this is an alt account (main account is FallenSeraphim)

Pretender!!! Nah it's me. Posted Image

#20 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

350-500 on average is a good pilot...

500-750 you had a killer match...

750+ You had an amazing match, and played against players not as skilled..

You play with all good players with good aim pulling their weight, and no one is gonna go much over 500, even in assault,, they drop too fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users