Hi There, Fellow Jade Falcom Warriors

5 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

I was wondering, since I became a bondsman of Clan Jade falcon, I have been debating if I should dissolve the Boardwalk Defenders (Bwd) to enter into another unit of CJF (just waiting until I can change from my House Liao affiliate to that of Clan Jade Falcon) and was wondering if, if I do dissolve the BwD, would any Falcon units be willing to hire me when I get back to playing in mid - late january or 2016?

Of course, I will have to start off slowly, using my IS 'Mechs (my Hunchback 4-J is the 'Mech I excell at over all the others, so i would be using that for the first few weeks upon my return to save enough C-Bills to purchase the first of my OmniMechs (the Hellbringer, for its ECM capabilities, then move on to the Timber Wolf or StormCrow but not sure yet what 4th OmniMech I should aim for when I play in CW Events.

I prefer using voice-comms over text comms in all battles (better chance of winning that way, with coordination from all units on the CJF side of a deployment).

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please, i would love to hear it.
But currently, with all of my 'Mechs Inner Sphere, I was thinking of selling all but my Hunchback (Harumi) and Raven 3L (Kanae) to get as much C-Bills as I can to purchase more OmniMechs that much faster (with Harumi and kanae sticking with solo drops just to get more C-Bills from the solo drops to go straight toward purchasing more OmniMechs...
So my question is, when I am back in the game next month, if there are any CJF units out there would be willing to hire me, even on a trial basis, so that I can show you just how I play (and hopefully make anyone who gives me a trial basis in the Unit(s) a good idea of what i am like as a player.

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

Does jade falcon even have solahma units?

#3 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

View Postkesmai, on 29 December 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Does jade falcon even have solahma units?

Solhama is different from being a bondsman, if you remember coreclyy: Bondsman are Warriors who are captured alive after a battle,(either from another Clan or from the Inner Sphere) whereas Solhamas are old (aged) Warriors who grew up and lived in Clan society all of their lives and only become Solhama once they reach a certain age and and are considered not fit to pilot a battlemech anymore and are mostly often used as infinfantry to buy time for the main MechWarriors who do pilot battlemechs to make tactical and strategic decisions on how to go forth in battle based on what happens to their Solhama units (see Falconer ter ter Roshak - he is a prime example of a Solhama, from the book BattleTech: Bloodname (or Falcon Guards... sorry, I cannot remember which one it was, sorry)

Edited by Leif Tanner, 29 December 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#4 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

Wow you are really clever.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

Honestly, I'd suggest keeping your current mechs. Normally a drop of two Lokis and Two Ryoken does well as a starting load out, allowing you to then branch out as you wanna try more mechs. (Some folk prefer the Cauldron Born to the HBR, but you seem to've already come to a decision.) I mean, that's what, six bays you'd need to start?

As for units, drop Falcons for awhile and you'll find out whose about during your peak playing times. Just ask em to let you join their group when you first meet a unit in the field, an that way you can find a group whose play style you work with. Much as I'd love to say the Falcons are full of Hard-Fightin', Hard Ridin' units ready to push out on folk at a moments notice, we've units of all different play styles, just like any other faction.

Still, we are known for having decent Pick Up Group warriors. Welcome to the Fold~!

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 01 January 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#6 Brissan

Rookie

• Star Captain
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

Clan Jade Falcon's 79th Raptor Talon Cluster is recruiting. We are a growing unit (currently 18 members) with active members who participate in Faction Play. We currently have casual organization but once our leader, R79TCom1 Night Lanner, fixes an FPS problem, we will have a hierarchy complete with Trials of Position. We hope to become a spearhead unit for Clan Jade Falcon CW play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users