- - - - -

Quirks - Ppc / Erppc Both Apply ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 War Beast

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

So I remember seeing a post at some point, that in effect stated, that if a mech has ppc quirks they will also apply to erppc's, and vice versa.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ?

#2 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

Yes, it is true. UNLESS it states specifically one or the other, it works for both. Simply "PPC" is like simply "LASER", in that it applies to both ER and non-ER.
I apparently stand corrected. MY BAD. Coulda SWORN I tested that on the MAD-3R, but OK. Apologies for bad info.

Edited by TheRAbbi, 06 January 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#3 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 486 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

Heavily Edited, I plead being a dinosaur as my defense. Posted Image

Ok, ER ppc and ppc quirks would not both apply, in that you could not for example stack modules that buffed range and cooldown from er ppc and ppc modules, on a mech that gives a ppc range or cooldown quirk and expect it to stack.

However, there are general "class" weapon quirks as well as specific type of weapon buffs and those seem to work like this... you might get an energy range buff, or an energy cooldown buff... such a quirk would be general, applying to all lasers, ppcs, even flamers and TAG. You instead might get a more precise weapon buff like PPC velocity quirk which is still "general" in that it's applying to a class of weapons, because there are multiple types of PPCs which it's still referring to. But once you get a "qualifier" something that talks about what type of weapon it is... like "large, medium, small" it tends to only apply to that specific weapon. So having large laser range quirk, it applies specifically to large laser, not large pulse laser or "er large laser", because of the qualifier.

Thus, the quirks that say something like ER PPC, they are never going to be effecting a "normal" lower heat generating PPC. But the general PPC velocity and cooldown buffs, those seem to be carrying over as general class buffs to mechs that mount ER PPC.

Functionally this means that as people requested, months and years ago... it should be possible to make the choice of upgrading an "old tech" mech like a K2, which has normally mounted PPCs, to ER PPC and still see benefit. Mechs that specifically refer to ER PPC in their quirks, they don't get this benefit from going to old technology... whatever thing that makes them so special in running the specific weapon they are quirked for, does not apply to variant weapons of that same class.

Recommendation to Jedi Panther, below:
Check it out! The K2 is getting ER PPC velocity bonus from PPC velocity quirk! You can tell this due to newer mechlab features which when you point on a given weapon in the expanded mechlab tabs it will list stats for the specific weapon mounted and show what quirks apply to it... though it does not currently give an updated/dynamic readout of what range or cooldown etc, is modified to. While I have not done things the way I used to, in private server match for testing, I think it's very much likely that the velocity buff really is applying if this is displaying this way, contrary to how it used to be where one might assume that a speed buff applied, but then when testing ballistics with supposed similar velocity, the projectile impacts were still desynced.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 07 January 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

The quirk should state ppc or er ppc. The catapult K2 has a quirk "ppc speed +40%" That means the ppc fired from the K2 will fire 40% faster than a ppc fired from a mech with out the ppc quirk.The quirk will not work for er ppcs on the K2.

Most mechs will have general quirks like energy generation -5% which is 5% less energy used to fire an energy weapon.

Edited by JediPanther, 06 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users