20 replies to this topic

#21 Bonger Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostAvengar, on 07 January 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

just kind of wondring what are the little things you would like to add or change to make the game better (little as in gameplay not programing efforts)

I would like to see trees burst apart and catch fire from damage, it's strange how some can phase through weapon damage while others are indestructible, forget ferrosteel make an indestructible wood mech.

I'd also like for there to be a chance for your mechs fusion core to explode doing splash damage to the surrounding mechs (maybe this would make people spread out a little)

and just a thought do you think instead of ghost heat and such it would be better to put in instrument issues when you heat is too high, make the Hud flick and maybe a little static while extreme heat makes you cross hairs shake like JJ's do.

This is just for little wishlish daydreams

A heat scaling system has been proposed before by someone, suggesting it should factor in things like decreased sensor range, increased lock on times, slower mech speed, jump jet failure, increased weapon jam / failure, module shutdown, ammo explosion risk increase, HUD flicker / shutdown, and just general malfunctions of any sort.

any / all of these would be simple to implement, far more in depth for gameplay, and overall just supremely better than just ghost heat for balancing. An added bonus, this would be more inline with the lore.

why PGI saw fit to go with ghost heat over something like this will forever remain a mystery, i personally blame Paul and Russ' narrow sighted E-sport dream.

Whatever the reasons, its overdue for a move from the simplistic and broken mechanic of ghost heat....

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users