- - - - -

How Is The Damage Of The Cac20?

7 replies to this topic

#1 xxx OVERLORD xxx

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

Does each one of the four shells do 20 damage or 5 damage each shell? If it's 5 damage whar is the benefit of the weapon over the IS ac?

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

5 damage for each shell. The benefit over the IS version is weight and crit space.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

Steer clear of the CAC20, use the CUAC20 instead. It is the same except for taking one less slot and it can be double tapped for 40 damage.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 07 January 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Steer clear of the CAC20, use the CUAC20 instead. It is the same except for taking one less slot and it can be double tapped for 40 damage.

The double tap induces heat penalties but, yes, the CUAC is still probably preferable.

#5 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 07 January 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

This.

First, the advantage is a matter of preference. Since you can't put the Clan AC/20 in an IS MECH, and vice-versa, it's hardly worth comparing the two. If we must, however, then the Clan one is smaller.

The Clan UAC/20 is better, though. You don't HAVE to double-tap it for the 40 damage, of course. If you're willing to risk the weapon jamming, though, you can throw down some ridiculous DPS with that thing.

Remember that the Clan AC/20 and UAC/20, like the IS AC/20, get 7 trigger pulls per ton of ammo. That's 7 20-damage rounds for IS, but 28 5-damage rounds (fired in bursts of 4) (similar to the AC/5's 30 rounds per ton) for Clan. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Edited by TheRAbbi, 07 January 2016 - 05:02 PM.

#6 xxx OVERLORD xxx

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 07 January 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

This.

First, the advantage is a matter of preference. Since you can't put the Clan AC/20 in an IS MECH, and vice-versa, it's hardly worth comparing the two. If we must, however, then the Clan one is smaller.

The Clan UAC/20 is better, though. You don't HAVE to double-tap it for the 40 damage, of course. If you're willing to risk the weapon jamming, though, you can throw down some ridiculous DPS with that thing.

Remember that the Clan AC/20 and UAC/20, like the IS AC/20, get 7 trigger pulls per ton of ammo. That's 7 20-damage rounds for IS, but 28 5-damage rounds (fired in bursts of 4) (similar to the AC/5's 30 rounds per ton) for Clan. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

If you think well, spreaded damage of the uac20 looks worse than a full damage 20 IS ac20, but i find most of situations if you face a light/medium in close range the cuac will help you better since even if you miss one shot you can follow the target and hit, let's say, 10dmg, or even double fire to scare those arctic chettos away hehehe, in a matter of efficiency i must say that a kgc-000 with the ac-20 quirks (giving 3.6 sec colldown) will be a best ac20 dakka than the dire wolf, but that is because he will carry 2 ac20 firing one after another will give good sustained damage at close ranges, but will be harder against small targets, as other hand if 2 ac20 have better sustain damage, a single uac20 will have better situational use, with more range, less ton to benefit more of ammo, less crit for the same reason, but more heat and less hp, if i would say, in a group match, a kgc-000 with 2 ac20 in a good team will be devastating, but in pug where you can use diversity on your side to make up your low speed the single uac20 will be waaaayyyyy better, and will give more space to other weapons.

My build is some lasers (3erm 1lpl) a cuac20 with 4 ton ammo, one gauss with 3 ton ammo, and one lrm 20 with some ammo too and some heatsinks, very similar to the original dire-W, even if i don't do the same damage as a vomit gauss meta or a dakka (ill do like 400~900 dmg) playing in a pug this build come more handy than anything, i don't depend on the team and i find use for multiple situations, i will hardly be useless, and my heat is very good manageble, the damage is lower but the matchs are way more consistent with this mech, i would like to see a garg-c with those quirks and speed, a uac20 with 4 ton ammo, 5 spl and 1 medium laser, i would think he would do better in a pug match than a spl or medium laser boat.

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

True. But again, no sense comparing IS and Clan ACs, since they have to stay with their respective technology bases. Clan AC/20, UAC/20, and LB-20X, we can compare. And among them, I prefer the UAC version. If I had the option on a mech to mount either tech base, then the choice of IS AC/20 or Clan UAC/20 would likely depend on how I'm building the mech, and on what ofher weapon systems I'm also installing.

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

If I may make a suggestion for the Dire Wolf, look at using 4 cUAC 10's in chain fire. They run cooler than the cUAC 20's, with more ammo per ton and better range than the cUAC 20's as well as space and tonnage savings.

You can do this by changing the side torso pods to the B Omnipods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users