Srm's Not Firing

Help Me Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 hauptmann24

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

I recently obtained a Mad Cat (Timber Wold) TBR-D. Tried it out in a training grounds mission and everything works as it should, although when every I'm in a match with real players my SRM's will not fire. I am given a short failure like sound (similar to a faint 1980's modem) when ever I go to use the 4 and 5 keys on my keyboard, and mouse.

Thanks in advance,

~Haupt

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Did you load ammo for them? That sounds like the sound it makes when you don't have any more ammo.

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostTercieI, on 07 January 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Did you load ammo for them? That sounds like the sound it makes when you don't have any more ammo.

If they have ammo, are they streaks. Streaks require a lock before they fire. If you try to fire them without a lock it makes a noise similar to what you describe.

#4 hauptmann24

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

The ammo is loaded. I'm going to try the lock.

The lock fixed it! Thank you, coming from mercenaries this feature is new to me.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

View Posthauptmann24, on 07 January 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I recently obtained a Mad Cat (Timber Wold) TBR-D. Tried it out in a training grounds mission and everything works as it should, although when every I'm in a match with real players my SRM's will not fire. I am given a short failure like sound (similar to a faint 1980's modem)

Your stock Timber Wolf Delta configuration has 4x Streak SRM-6 missile launchers.

Streak missiles "never miss" so to speak...and defy the laws of physics in MWO to achieve this result. However, you do need to have a lock in order to fire, otherwise they will not fire.

Edited by Koniving, 07 January 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Posthauptmann24, on 07 January 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I recently obtained a Mad Cat (Timber Wold) TBR-D. Tried it out in a training grounds mission and everything works as it should, although when every I'm in a match with real players my SRM's will not fire. I am given a short failure like sound (similar to a faint 1980's modem) when ever I go to use the 4 and 5 keys on my keyboard, and mouse.

Thanks in advance,

~Haupt

Hi Hauptmann24,

If you are enjoying the stock Timber Wolf Delta, to help with the locking issue, this is the version I use on my Invasion Prime TBR-PRIME. You will see that she is a little more heat efficient than the stock Timber Wolf Delta, and carriers a little more ammo for the SRM packs. The targeting computer Mk 1 helps to increase the ERPPC travel time as well as the chance to knock out weapons or equipment located on other mechs, once the armour has been breached. The Active probe will counter one ECM unit that is jamming in close proximity, as well as increasing the radar range and intelligence gathering speeds.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

You can always change out the streaks to normal srms if you own the mech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users