10 Fps With New Gc

24 replies to this topic

#1 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

I just upgraded to a GTX 980 TI and now i get 10 fps, no matter what i settings i put on low (or all of them) Its just 10 fps completely unplayable. Whats the deal?

#2 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Try running the MWO repair tool? On my other rig, the FPS drops from 60 to 20 after every card driver update, the repair tool seems to fix this for some reason.

#3 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

I have a weird FPS issue too.

Try launching a game "training Grounds etc"

Exit -> Restart your computer -> See if that helps.

I have to do this each time on a cold boot of my computer, its friggin weird

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostRedscyte, on 08 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

I just upgraded to a GTX 980 TI and now i get 10 fps, no matter what i settings i put on low (or all of them) Its just 10 fps completely unplayable. Whats the deal?

One... What ram?
Two, what processor?

It goes well beyond graphics.

If you don't have either to handle the graphics card, the card itself can't make up for an inadequate computer.

Also what power supply? Not having enough power can hurt too.

Also: Do you have anything of a tune-up program on your computer? If you do, have you turned it off of "Economy" mode? The power savings setting on mine will slow a game down to 14 frames per second on my Phenom II x4 3.75ghz quad core, 16 gigabytes RAM, 2 gigabyte R9 series graphics. When normally I'm funnelling a steady 60 fps on 1080p for MWO and usually about 80 on most of today's PS3-ish games with frame limiters turned off.

Can't run Metro's Last Light for anything, though and sadly that has nothing to do with my card.

Edited by Koniving, 08 January 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#5 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

16 GB Ram
Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz

and I dont know how to check the power supply

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostRedscyte, on 08 January 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

16 GB Ram
Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz

and I dont know how to check the power supply

I'm assuming that you have your monitor hooked up to the video card's output (and not the motherboard's) with the video card set as the primary output? (Check in MWO's options too!)
Also when hooking up that video card (this thing's often forgotten), there are two plugs that go into the side/top of the card. Usually 4 or 6 prongs each. These are in, yes? If not, the card will either not work or won't work well. (Radeons won't work at all without 'em; not sure about Nvidias).

#7 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

A few fixed their issues by fully enabling HPET. Have not done it myself, so I'm not an expert.

http://www.tomshardw...hpet-fully.html

Here is another forum post with some other possible fixes.

http://mwomercs.com/...-drop-pls-help/

#8 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 January 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

One... What ram?
Two, what processor?

It goes well beyond graphics.

If you don't have either to handle the graphics card, the card itself can't make up for an inadequate computer.

Also what power supply? Not having enough power can hurt too.

Also: Do you have anything of a tune-up program on your computer? If you do, have you turned it off of "Economy" mode? The power savings setting on mine will slow a game down to 14 frames per second on my Phenom II x4 3.75ghz quad core, 16 gigabytes RAM, 2 gigabyte R9 series graphics. When normally I'm funnelling a steady 60 fps on 1080p for MWO and usually about 80 on most of today's PS3-ish games with frame limiters turned off.

Can't run Metro's Last Light for anything, though and sadly that has nothing to do with my card.

You're getting 60fps on a Phenom II x4? Which one? I'm getting like 15-25 on newer maps but I'm on a 945 with a 2GB GTX 570 as my card with 8GB ram.

#9 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

After looking over the sites im not having framerate drops, Im just not having any frame rate to begin with. On the menu its sits at 26, once a game loads up im at 10 going as low as 8. I have no other issues with any other games, as I play Dying Light, RB6 Siege, and COD all on Ultra with no problems. Its really ONLY this game

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 08 January 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

You're getting 60fps on a Phenom II x4? Which one? I'm getting like 15-25 on newer maps but I'm on a 945 with a 2GB GTX 570 as my card with 8GB ram.

Ram's hurting you. Also the GTX 570.

First digit is the generation. Second digit is the quality. 590 would be shitloads better than 570.
To note: "60" is about boring guy in office toying with excel. 70's average casual gamer, 80's is barely above consoles and 90's lets play games.

(In the GTX 600s, 40's boring office guy, 60 is about average, 90's hardcore).

Mine's the Phenom II 975 x4.

Edited by Koniving, 08 January 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#11 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

That is very poor performance for your system. Given your assertion that things are working well in other games I will assume that you have properly installed the hardware (e.g. monitor connection, power connections, etc.) and configured drivers and software correctly. The first step should be to verify your install either through Steam's "verify integrity of game cache" or the MWO Repair Tool. After that, I would also suggest clearing your "Shader Cache". The MWO repair tool has an option to do this automatically, but I am not sure what the procedure should be under steam -- deleting the contents of "<user>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache" should do it.

Best of luck.

#12 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

Uninstall your video driver with http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html then reinstall with http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

If you had the case open to change cards, then you should have been able to see the PSU, which, in turn, should have something about wattage written on it. There is also the question of the direct power patches, from the PSU to your new card …

#13 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

One other thing to look at:

Go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure that MWO is set to use the new cad instead of any integrated graphics built into your APU. Usually it ill detect these settings automatically,but sometimes you have to set it manually.

#14 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

I have similar specs. I get 60 fps all the time. I do have vsync on to lock the the card to the monitor refresh. I'd say it's your install, so as others have said, run the repair tool or reinstall. Additionally, do you have a 64 or 32 bit OS. There is the off chance that if you are running a 32 bit system, it may not be able to allocate all of your system's resources. If have a 64 bit OS I'd suggest running your client in 64 bit mode.

#15 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

Will try and get back to you guys, thanks for the support

#16 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostLadyDanams, on 08 January 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure that MWO is set to use the new cad instead of any integrated graphics built into your APU. Usually it ill detect these settings automatically,but sometimes you have to set it manually.

I have a 4770K and a GTX760 with no issues whatsoever. I have great framerates with this combo. I suggest you look at the Nvidia control panel as suggested above, and also check your power supply. Nvidia's website says that minimum PSU for that card is a 600 watt.

Hopefully it's a control panel issue for you. Good luck and let us know.

#17 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

My power supply is 800W. Im not sure what control panel we are talking about I have the GeForce Experience and under the Games tab I dont see nor can get the program to locate MWO.

So far I have gotten it to go and possibly cap at 20 fps. But this is a theory since I haven't played all the maps yet and it could have just been a the map.

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostRedscyte, on 09 January 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

My power supply is 800W. Im not sure what control panel we are talking about I have the GeForce Experience and under the Games tab I dont see nor can get the program to locate MWO.

on your task bar, bottom right corner near the clock, there should be a line of small icons, there should be a green and black eye icon with an eye shape which when you hover your mouse over it says NVIDIA Geforce Experience (if you cannot see it click on the triangle to the left of the icons), right click on it and one of the options will be "open NVIDIA control panel", select that.

I am not sure exactly where to look in there though

#19 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostLadyDanams, on 08 January 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

can you elaborate some, i finally figure out how to bring it up. But i dont see any tool in the program to select MWO

#20 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

With your GPU/CPU combo you shouldn't really have to mess with anything in the NVidia control panel.

Really recommend you uninstall all old GPU drivers and reinstall your Geforce drivers fresh, though. As stated before, use the following to uninstall, and then you can use Geforce Experience to reinstall the latest drivers:

http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

And yes, delete your cache and do a repair on MWO.

What was your previous graphics card? What resolution are you trying to play at and what quality settings in MWO?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users