• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

Starting to play again since the changes to things, and I like the direction we are headed. Can't speak for all the tweaks, but I am enjoying my time.

I've noticed they have tweaked faction play tonnage "again" and assume it will fluctuate for the rest of the games lifespan. With that, I'm trying to round out my bays with 'mechs I can play that can be mashed together into a decent deck in faction play come the time.

I'm going to admit, despite all the crap I've caught for it, that I like my laser vomit. I have 3 chassis mastered and they all have nice laser variants. My hunchbacks were first, and they were versatile, but the 4P was my baby. Wolverines and Stalkers came next, with my favorite 'mech being the STK-4N.

Now I'm left with a new quest of what to master next. I have some tonnage to play with and I'm not sure what to do with it. From my brief look at the store, the Black Knight seemed like a nice energy based heavy, but I'd need MC. I don't own any heavies or lights, and lights and me don''t generally get along [Urbanmech doesn't count, he's cute]

Any recommendations on what I should do?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Well, if you like the Stalker, the Crab is a mini stalker. All lasers an tanky. The marauder might be a decent choice, but not cbillable yet. I've heard good things about Grasshoppers and Blackjacks as well.

Personally I think you should tour the Inner Sphere and grab a free mech bay from each faction.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 08 January 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#3 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

I lasers are your thing, T-Blots would be an obvious choice for IS heavies. Also, you might want to check out the Grasshoppers, which are available for C-Bills by now.

#4 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:21 AM

Crabs are fun, mobile, and have great hitboxes. BJ, especially the 1x are also fun laser vomit mechs. The 1x being very capable CW medium.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:45 AM

The perfect laser deck is four Thunderbolts or two Thunderbolts, a Battlemaster and a Blackjack-1X.

Or failing that a Banshee-3M, two Thunderbolts and Wolfhound.

Don't spend real money on the Black Knight as it will be available soon for c-bills and the Marauder package is better value.

If using 75 tonners I would go 3x Marauder/BK + Wolfhound.

Edited by Spheroid, 09 January 2016 - 01:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users