Build A Pouncer(Omnimech) Challenge! Mwo Picture Finished! Discussion!

28 replies to this topic

#21 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 March 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

And that is why I try to evaluate mechs on, I don't care about the meta, as the meta can and will change sooner or later. I also don't care about number of hard points, I care about hard point positions and tonnage for weapons and equipment, while being able to maintain a decent speed with good armour, even bad hit boxes can be mitigated by good piloting. That all being said, not everyone is meant to be good in every mech. I'm good with Dragons, but suck with Storm Crows, I'm beastly with Warhammers, but average with Timber Wolves

Understandable. That said, until "one big gun" approach works with the context of MWO, number of hardpoints is just as important as podspace. Take the SHC. She can poke all day long, but if you want a mech that can mix it up or hit very hard upfront than you are better off in an Ice Ferret - and the IFR has even less free tonnage available but more E slots. Something with the SHC's pod space and IFR's hardpoints would be ideal for a lower end medium. Hardpoints to utilize various weapons in good quantities and the tonnage to fit those weapons.

Edit: I spotted a Tina lurking!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 March 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#22 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Sadly enough, yes, the Phantom is restricted to laser vomit, makes me sad too, but, what light clan mech doesn't have laser vomit as a standard? *cough Cheeto cough*

KFX-PRIMEPosted Image

She is very irritating to people.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 March 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Understandable. That said, until "one big gun" approach works with the context of MWO, number of hardpoints is just as important as podspace. Take the SHC. She can poke all day long, but if you want a mech that can mix it up or hit very hard upfront than you are better off in an Ice Ferret - and the IFR has even less free tonnage available but more E slots. Something with the SHC's pod space and IFR's hardpoints would be ideal for a lower end medium. Hardpoints to utilize various weapons in good quantities and the tonnage to fit those weapons.

Sorry, I meant to type "I don't care about types of hard points, I care about number of hard points, position of hard points...."

#23 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 March 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

And that is why I try to evaluate mechs on, I don't care about the meta, as the meta can and will change sooner or later. I also don't care about number of hard points, I care about hard point positions and tonnage for weapons and equipment, while being able to maintain a decent speed with good armour, even bad hit boxes can be mitigated by good piloting. That all being said, not everyone is meant to be good in every mech. I'm good with Dragons, but suck with Storm Crows, I'm beastly with Warhammers, but average with Timber Wolves

Down with Meta! :D

Sort of a mix what I'm good with to me, I'm good in Orion IICs, Timbers, Jenner IICs, Warhammers, and suprisingly, the Dire Wolf at times.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 March 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

yeah, again, I gotta agree :D

oh and Tina? she is the Community Manager you know, at times she does want to know what we're up to, might even consider some ideas like this one here :)

#24 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 March 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

KFX-PRIMEPosted Image

Sorry, I meant to type "I don't care about types of hard points, I care about number of hard points, position of hard points...."

Na, man. Na. Gatler is where it's at!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8882f731f85bbdf

#25 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

Down with Meta! Posted Image

Sort of a mix what I'm good with to me, I'm good in Orion IICs, Timbers, Jenner IICs, Warhammers, and suprisingly, the Dire Wolf at times.

yeah, again, I gotta agree Posted Image

oh and Tina? she is the Community Manager you know, at times she does want to know what we're up to, might even consider some ideas like this one here Posted Image

Yea... she really should check on the inmates every so often, no telling what me might do to the asylum if they let us run around unchecked...

#26 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 March 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

KFX-PRIMEPosted Image

Lol I've tried that before, I've had at one point an Atlas pilot flip out at me from the opposite side. Satisfying at the most at times :D

View PostMetus regem, on 14 March 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yea... she really should check on the inmates every so often, no telling what me might do to the asylum if they let us run around unchecked...

And that's why Volunteer Mods are here for, and why I'm one ;)

OFC I can be wrong at times, but most of the time it's understandable, considering what happens at times here... Posted Image

#27 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 23 January 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Great job with the art! I'd remove the non-Pouncer art, though, just to reduce clutter. >_>

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Scout Derek didn't suggest the OP use the spoiler tags to hide the clutter. Posted Image Posted Image

#28 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Lol I've tried that before, I've had at one point an Atlas pilot flip out at me from the opposite side. Satisfying at the most at times Posted Image

I've got a few irritating builds I use from time to time...

Vindytroll

Rifletroll

#29 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

View Postcdlord, on 14 March 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Scout Derek didn't suggest the OP use the spoiler tags to hide the clutter. Posted Image Posted Image

Lol, it isn't that bad, it's able to be skimmed pretty quick :P

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users