- - - - -

Start Playing

4 replies to this topic

#1 Zulopss

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:37 AM

HI,

Iam new here.. Ive already download the Software, and how am i going to start playing

#2 MiljoTonnes

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostZulopss, on 09 January 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

HI,

Iam new here.. Ive already download the Software, and how am i going to start playing

You can always watch some vids on you tube there are lots that explain all sorts things about the game, that way you have a good idea how to play and what kind of mech you want to pilot.

For instance light mechs are fast movers but low armour, mediums are a little slower but got more armour, heavies are slower still but got more armour, then you got assaults which are big and slow but can take a pounding.

Edited by MiljoTonnes, 09 January 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

Welcome to MWO !!

After dowloading the software, you will need to patch it, which it may do automatically, I don't remember. Once that is done, simply press the Play button in the lower right hand corner.

After the opening screen, you will be required to log in, then in the upper right hand corner should be a button that says "quick play".

Any other questions you have, you found the right place to ask them.

Also, you may want to check youtube for Spike Brave Mechwarrior. He has a LOT of really good video tutorials out there.

Good luck, and hope to see you on the battlefield.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

HI,

after installing the software (it will probably take a few hours to download and install) the patch button will change to say play, after you click play it will go through a few logos then ask you to type in your username and password.

after typing in your Username and password the game will launch, first I strongly suggest playing the tutorial, not only will this give you 5 million cbills (ingame currency, enough to buy a cheep Mech, although I advise against purchasing one at that point) but will also give you an overview of how Mechs work, this is not your standard first person shooter.

after finishing the tutorial go to select Mech and choose one of the trial Mechs to try out, I would advise trying at least 1 Mech (preferably 2 ot 3) from each weight class class and playing several games with each Mech, take note of what Mechs and weapons you like and why, that will be useful later.

you launch a game by clicking quick play, avoid faction play for now, that mode is designed for advanced players and teams, you will not have a good time dropping there until you have a bit more experience

after playing 25 games you should have 18-20 million cbills, that is enough to buy and outfit any Mech, at this point your earnings slow down.

when you are ready to purchase your first Mech look back over the trial Mechs you tried, if you loved any of them then you could get that, or you can come back here and ask for advice, if you ask for advise give us as much information as possible on what Mechs and weapons you liked and why so we can offer the best advise on what should be good for you.

enjoy

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 09 January 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#5 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

HI,

Welcome to MWO. As others have said, once you download the sofwear it will then ask you to patch. Once you do that then you can log in. Once that happens you will be taken to the hanger. From there do the tutorial as it will teach you the basics on how to pilot a mech as well as making some C-bills (in game currency) in the process.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users